Can a guy be too good looking for some girls?

I mean a really good looking guy and just a good looking girl will some good looking girls think that the guy is too good for them? Do guys have to initiate the conversation and flirt first in that situation is eye contact enough for the girl to make a first move?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys are intimidated by hot girls.

Some girls are intimidated by hot guys.

More often than not, it's the guy who does the approaching, rather than the girls. This makes it harder for some girls think it's okay to approach a guy.

Add to that the fact that the guy's really good looking - of course a girl's going to be nervous.

I've never approached a guy before.

Even if there's been lots of eye contact and stuff, I don't think I'd ever be secure enough to go up to a guy and make the first move. Even less likely if I found him really, really attractive.

What Girls Said 7

• I like my men quite down to earth. I have to be attracted to them but if I find a bloke intimidatingly good looking then there is no way I would even look at him as I would assume he knows he's good looking and don't want to massage an ego. I know this is really wrong and judgmental (Don't judge a book by it's cover etc) but I can't help feel this way. I'd assume they get girls all the time and probably wouldn't stick around. :o/ x

• Just looked at some of the answers...hmmm

Honestly, I'm not intimidated by "too goodlooking" men. I say this having dated some male models who have been very...popular. Anyways, it was about their personality and mine, and how it meshed. I'm not going to lie, as a girl, if you are nto comfortable with your own looks you may be intimidated by them the general insecurities for women are:

1. I don't like other girls looking at him, he will cheat.

2. everyone will think "what is he doing with her"

3. "i want to be the pretty one! he should idolize my looks"

basicly, all three traits exist in most women to an extent. I didn't care about all 3. Being more then decent looking also helped me out. So, I got the hot and smart/funny interesting guys :). Not to mention I actualy do have a personality, a strange, deep and funny one. I hate boring people too. I love it when you can have a 3 hour conversation fly by like it's the most natural and entertaining thing in the world.

But I refuse to come near dumb, egotistical, cocky, shallow, mindless, limited, boring guys EW.

• Also, I do begin conversations with them if they seem open enough. It's not difficult since I always have something interesting and odd to say, and with great social skills to feel comfortable. However, everything I say is genuine. I would never begin a conversation falsely. If they turn out to be lame, I really couldn't care any less about them. Same goes for an average looking guy.

I never assume their inner character by their looks.

i more so assess their mood and social manner.

• Well I am only an averagely attractive girl, but yes, guys who are absolutely gorgeous really freak me out and I actually try really hard to not show ANY interest at all, because I just feel like a loser and really embarrassed. The only time I ever smile at super good looking guys is when I am working because it's my job to smile at customers, so I can smile and even flirt a tiny bit, and I don't have feel embarrased that they might think I'm attracted to them. I guess I'm really weird...

I guess, in answer to your question though...yes, a super good looking guy would have to come on pretty strong if he was interested in me, otherwise I would actually never believe he was!

• i would only make the first move if I didn't care about the person I was moving with

• Eye contact is not enough for me to initiate.. I would never make the first move!

• Yes to your first question. Pretty girls can think a good looking guy is too good looking for her. Its the same thing for guys though. Why do you think guys most often end up with girls that are not considered to be pretty by most guys.

The guy will have to initiate the conversation and flirt first. This type of girl will seldom make the first move unless you give her a reason to talk to you (like having one of those conversation starter type of objects on hand). You also have to consider the type of personality she appears to have; is she talkative? quiet? shy?

• Speaking from experience, I normally don't approach an attractive looking guy. Their appearance alone is intimidating enough as it is & I generally tend to think that 'hot' guys tend to go for 'hot' girls so being a realistic person like myself, I just shun the whole idea of approaching him. If, however, I was feeling brave, I'd probably flash him a smile & wait for a response. lol That's the most you'll get out of me.

What Guys Said 4

• Good question, I've wondered this too. I've also wondered if girls would even be *receptive* to an attractive guy approaching them.

• I had a case when A girl I though I was to good-looking for her...

• My friend knows he's good looking and he jokes a lot with women. He explained to me once that he just wants his female friends to feel good about themselves and that he's good at talking to women because he has 2 sisters. He's abstinent because of religious beliefs.

I think some women assume handsome men are unethical or manwhorish.

• this is why I'm not intimidated by them

i never assume a persons inner character

• this a very good question. all girls should answer.