Is anyone else's hair a f***ing NIGHTMARE?! How do I fix this?

This is without a doubt one of my biggest insecurities. My hair is f***ing GROSS no matter what I do with it. I've tried style after style after style and NOTHING works. It honestly just naturally grows in the stupidest f***ing manner I've ever seen. If I simply leave it untouched, my bangs literally just form a flat swirl on my forehead (like this link ). I seriously HATE it. I've been to three or four separate hair stylists and not a single one of them has been able to help. They all just give me a simple cut, throw some styling paste in it and say "done". It never holds and usually reverts back to that shape in five minutes tops. The only way I've ever made it look decent is when I put a sh*tload of styling stuff in it, but if I don't check/adjust it CONSTANTLY my bangs just get flat and greasy and swirl into a bunch of different directions. I've tried cutting it short, growing it out, and everything in between, but no matter what, it ALWAYS looks disgusting.

This is driving me absolutely f***ing insane. I'm actually pretty decent looking with the exception of my hair, but until I can fix this I'm going to look like a greasy, un-showered loser. Does anybody have any suggestions for this? It's really devastating my self esteem knowing I have this un-styleable rat's nest on my head.

Link broken.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow I answered your question and when wanting to post you the link I changed to a different whole page so anyways jajaja, to the point, go to the Dollar Store, trust me I doesn't kill to go there, go and buy yourself a Suave conditioner and I recommend this leave on conditioner and no I don't work for the company or promoting it, I am simply there number one consumer! You'll spend 10 to 15 bucks in total, trust me I would wake up with an afro, dried, uncontrollable hair...and this baby will smooth those curlers to a wavy smooth hair, I know your a dude, but hey, it'll make a difference! link

What Girls Said 6

• Just let it grow longer...and when it's long enough (and all the same length), then your hair will look excellent (if you take good care of it).

link

But if you don't want to have long hair then the only thing you can do is shave it off...or put tons of gel every day in it which just always looks gross. :/

• Hmmm, well if all else fails you could try and get hair extensions. My friend had very damaged hair and she got it cut pretty short and then got human hair extensions put in. Looks really pretty. Try not to get too frustrated! My hair gets really frizzy and evil during certain times a year -___-'' we all have our hair issues XD

• Be happy you have hair..some men have no hair to look messy.

• Buzz cut. Problem solved.

• Shave it off then.

• Definitely not an option, I do not have the bone structure to pull off that look.

• have you tried 3 barrel curling iron and pinning your bangs back sure it would look super cute or just take a bobby pin and pin your bangs back

• Curl it even more?!

• oh ha ha didn't realize you were a guy yeah then wtf just straighten it won't hurt and lots of guys straighten there hair I mean seriously its supper sexy ha ha just borrow one of your friends that's a girl or something

What Guys Said 2

• Try straightening it with a flat iron

• I considered that but never followed through for two reasons The first is that they're really expensive and I can't justify spending that much without trying it first. The second, isn't a guy using a hair straightener kinda'...well...gay?

• If you poof it out like one of those emo dudes then it's gay, but you can just hit your hair with it for just 2 min and it just takes the frizz out without making it look like you tried to make it bone straight. My mom gave me her old one which is a "Chi" brand, and those ones are over $100, but you can get a Con-Air one for like $15. I only use it like 2-3 times a month for just 2-4 min at a time just to take the frizz out. Now I just shaved my head though, so ..whatever

• Count your blessings. My hair started falling out when I was 20.