How many times have you asked out a girl? (no commentary/opinions please)

Guys: In the last 12 months how many times have you asked out a girl? How many of those were successful? How many of those were you rejected?

Girls: In the last 12 months how many times have you been asked out? How many of those did you accept? How many of those did you reject?

I'm curious as to how this will play out. I'm not looking for opinions so please don't leave them.

From the answers at this moment, guys have a 52.94% success rate for getting a date...
As of this moment, guys have a 32.69% success rate (34 yes & 47 no) while girls have a 41.98% accept rate (17 accept & 35 decline)
Excuse me, I meant 42.17% succes rate for guys (35 yes & 48 no) and 32.69% acceptance rate for girls (17 accept & 35 decline). Sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the last 12 months how many times have you asked out a girl? 0

How many of those were successful? 0

How many of those were you rejected? More than 100 (no joke)

Commentary (May be more valuable to you)

Look.. The truth is that I've spent a LOT of my life on being the "perfect guy" for a special woman.. And it didn't pay off. I ended up finding a lot of women who were high maintenance, a lot of women who had trust issues, a lot of women who wanted the world for free... It made me jaded and biased, a little frustrated, and a lot of "pissed off".

So a while ago, I gave up trying to "find a woman".. And in turn have just been living my life, working, etc. A lot of the women who meet me either think I'm "a cool friend", "gay", or "married".. All because I'm not like other guys who compliment them or "drool" at their very feet..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying ALL girls are like that.. I'm just saying that I'm not your typical guy, and that I've lived just fine without a relationship. Definitely lonely and wishing for some type of "Reward" for being the good guy I want to be - but I'm a lot more sane than when I was dating people.

The reason for the commentary (take it with a grain of salt) is because, for a vast majority of the women I meet, a lot of those women don't get the concept that guys who make them feel all "cherry perfect" on the first couple dates (the guys who make you think they are "the one") are typically the worst ones for you. Why? Cause they are so good with women that they can treat you perfectly.. making you love them even more.. but then when you don't complete what they want (whatever THAT may be) - then they kick you to the curb and leave you as jaded and pissed off as I have been. Trust me, you don't wanna go that route.. But my hands are out of it if you decide to go against that advice.

~ ArtistBBoy

• thanks. I appreciate your commentary as I'm sure many of the users on here will too. I think its when you're not looking that you find someone special. I'm 17 and already know that last paragraph of yours to be true (observation, not by own experience) This question wasn't meant to help with some future plan of action...just curiosity. Guys on this site act like they get rejected 90% of the time & I wanted to see how it really went down.

• Man do I agree on that one.. I'm kinda curious with you being 17.. Are you waiting for the "one and only" type of a relationship, or are you just too busy with school/etc? (What's your reason for "not" trying to date)

• yeah, I'm pretty busy with school. and most single guys at my high school are either just looking for hookups, too immature to last a month, or not looking for a relationship at all. I'm just enjoying hanging out with my friends...of course I'm always crushing on a guy but I get to know them first before even thinking about getting in a relationship with them (they usually fall into one of those 3 categories) the few decent guys I've met just never liked me back. and I'm OK with that

What Guys Said 65

• Asked four, they all accepted... I find it weird that I haven't been rejected, but I'm not going to question it. Honestly I keep put off asking them until I'm more or less certain.

• I've only been single since november.

Since then I've asked 2 girls out, and both said yes.

My average may seem high, but it's just that I tend to not ask out girls who I think or sense, will say "no".

• I've got a poll going on this link for the success rate of asking people out. It's for all time and not just the last 12 months.

For me for all of your questions, 0. I've been in long term relationship

In the last 12 years though

Asked - 100's

Accepted - 1 (not my current GF, she asked me)

Rejected - 30ish rejections, the rest did not respond to my advances at all

• 21 here, and I've yet to ask a girl out. In my mind , the potential gain has just never outweighed the risk of failure. I generally assume that any girl I like is probably already taken, or wouldn't like me, anyway; my thought process just defaults on that.

For me to say that I'm 'happy' being single would be a lie, but I've always been a guy of habit, so at least I get to keep a sense of consistency and relative certainty.

...But, you don't care about any of that, so, suffice to say, 0 covers my answer for all three questions by default.

• thanks for your answer. I just didn't want people to start saying stuff like "girls have it easier".

• I agree. I think both have it tough but for different reasons. Its impossible to know what its like for the other gender because you are viewing it from your limited perspective. Also both genders have different views on what is tough, easy, etc. Dating is just hard...for everyone

• Doc: easier in some aspects, not so in others.

• I start likeing girls after I get to know them a little. First comes looks, then comes the inner self. All girls I have asked out on dates are the ones that their boyfriendship would be a paradise and I wouldn't care weather it lasts for a week or a life time. I've always been rejected,there are cases were I never had the balss to ask a girl who has later turned out to confess that they would have said yes if I would have tried.

In the last twlve months two dates, one ended up as a frozen angel and the other kept me in her life as a friend.

(Make sure to check out the defenition of frozen angel from urban dictionary if you don't recognise the term)

• I don't remember. I ask girls to dance on disco all the time being rejected 3 of 4 times. I don't usually ask them out. I think I asked two, more or less friendly, they basically said yes but we didn't. One of us is busy and it is not that important for us I guess. And it won't be a date.

• LOL the only reason I'm answering is to give commentary and opinions, since it's highly arrogant of you to say "no commentary" on an open forum.

Last 12 months: 4

Successes: 3

Further, this is kindof a skewed poll, since the numbers of each person over a 12 month period are going to be vastly different, I could ask out 10 people and get 6 dates in 12 months while the guy next to me could ask out 100 girls and get 6 dates, and our total average would be abysmal even though technically I'm at a 60% rate.

• I didn't mean to be arrogant, sorry. Its just that on this site conversations tend to end up with hating on women & how they're too stuck up or it turns into a pity party for guys who can't get dates. Ii didn't want those comments to start. Of course I can't create a perfect poll but I had to put some sort of time limit in place. I obviously couldn't say your whole life, cause who remembers every single one and I would have such a wide range of answers.

• I remember every single women I've been on a date with, even if it was only 1 date, and I'm 32.

• Well lets see, I asked out 4 that I can remember. 1 was pure rejection. 1 ended in a 1 night stand she moved to NY, and 2 still haven't given me a definitive answer (1 says I don't know and the other is pretty much a yes but not right now (For good reason pertaining to me))

• Strange... now that I think about it, I've never asked even one girl out in my entire life. There have been several who've asked me out, and I've accepted all but maybe 2 of them.

Damn, I've been expecting women to come to me all this time (it happens, but very rarely)... I really should start initiating...

Thanks for opening my eyes

• I have never asked a girl out.

• I just recently had a dream where I met an awesome girl and asked her out, does this count? =O

• Just the one but that was me proposing so probably doesn't count

• I don't bother to count or keep track of the numbers. Guys seem to bounce back from rejection rather easily.

• ...that's not what most of the guys on this site say...

Strange...

• I seem to be an enigma then. Most rules for guys or other generalizations don't fit. Beer goggles, virgins, chubby women, etc. I am that 1% that seems to mess up your data. :p

• Never in my life. Call me lucky, but all the relationships I have been in were initiated by the girl. The luck wore off though and in the long run, it had a negative effect.

• Asked 2 rejected by 2

Haven't met many interesting women.

• 4 asked

3 accepted

1 declined

• lets see...in the last year about 40...and been rejected like 2 times

• 6 attempts 0 dates

• Asked 1 Rejected 1 Accepted 0

I had more last year.. lol

• And by that I meant like last 12 months. or something. I don't know what I meant I guess. But that's probably still accurate.

• Asked out 4 women, 3 accepted and 1 declined.

• i would say maybe like 15, 10-12 were succesful 3-5 were rejected. I don't know exact numbers which makes me feel like a man-whore... oh well that my numbers +) you?

• 0/0 :/

• 0.

• 12 months? Once, one was successful but we didn't actually end up going out, LOL. We see each other around now, and like, we act like it never happened. Mysterious sh*t. She was amazing, too, six foot three, east-European goddess, pure white skin.

I was asked out once and I accepted it.

• Asked 4

Rejected 1

BTW, question is redundant. Yes, that's important to know that you SUBTRACT rejections from attempts to get the number of successes. Very important indeed, Miss Statistics Major.

The consensus on "success rate" means nothing. So if I go out to a bar, I have a precise 42.17% chance of netting a girl? Well, what if I forget to take a shower that day? Ooh... hidden variables.

• I'm not trying to be scientific...just curious. Guys on this site act like they get rejected 9 out of 10 times. No need to be so sarcastic.

• Haven't bothered I guess? I mean unless you mean asking my friends out to places and they're busy. But asked out on dates? I never really ever done that lol. Things just happen. I don't care to bother with the traditional (well what has become traditional) way of dating.

I guess 0 for each? >.>

• 2 with a 50% success rate. I really like the crash and burn case, but hey ho life goes on.

• 7 asks, five rejects, two accepts.

• Asked: 2

Successful: 0

...

sad...

• one time, she said yes and we made out that same day but I was about 9, 10, maybe 11 so it shouldn't count.

all the other times, they came to me, I used to be pretty cute, now they call my handsome but I don't believe it really.

• More from Guys
    35

What Girls Said 30

• In the last 12 months I think I've been asked out by 8 different guys. A couple of them asked me out more than once. I accepted 3 if you count my boyfriend during the time this 12 month span started even though he didn't technically ask me out during that time. We were already together. So maybe 2.

• 1, accepted.

• well I've been asked out 2 times and rejected them both, I hate a it when guys want to go out with you because you are attractive its degrading and revolting.

• a guy should get to know you first and then decide if he like you. he should fall for personality not prettiness

• So these guys asked you out without getting to know you? How'd it go down? I mean...did they just see you at the mall or something, walk up to you and be like "Hi! I'm ____. What's your phone number?"

• these guys live in my neighbourhood and in my neighbourhood I'm know as the pretty spanish girl that is soft and quite. I don't really talk to my neighbours am not social butterfly. I keep to myself. 1st guy left since 5 years came back and after a week he asked for my #, the next guy just wanted to date me because of the job that I currently have(accountant) before that he never asked me out only after his mom asked my job the next day he asked me out.

• ive been asked out twice and I rejected both and I've asked 2 guys in my life and got rejected once

• Two times, I think. Accepted one, turned down the other because I'm still seeing the first guy. And because the second guy just wanted a f*** buddy...

• I have never asked out a guy.

but over the past 12 months I've been asked out 7 times. 5 I said yes to. the other 2 were asking me to get back together with them.

the first one was not good. we didn't do anything, my 2nd one we lasted 3 months then he got obsessives I broke up with him, 3rd one was just awkward, 4th one was very sexual and fast. he broke up with me (because his parents thought I was a distraction) but then we were gonna get back together but then there was a fight. 5th one the 2nd one asked to get back together with me. 4th one asked me to get back together a week after(6), then last week the 7th one asked me out and it's great! we both know and hope that we are going to be together for a long time!

• Asked : A couple

Rejected : A couple

Talking to one guy atm but I don`t actually want to go out with him tbh

• I've been ask out I think about 5 times but by the same guy. When out with him once but I'm not interested in him. Guys don't ask me out. I haven't asked out any guys out in the past year.

• Asked out twice, first one was just not to my taste so I declined, second had just gotten out of a relationship and I suspected I was rebound, so declined in both cases.

• Asked: 6

Rejected: 5

Accepted: 1

• have been asked out 3 times in the past 12 months. The first guy I did go out with him for a while but things didn't go that well. The second guy I rejected him cause I was so nervous. that's one thing I regret . he was really nice and cute...but my shyness gggrh! ...the last guy was just looking for sex ...i first accepted him but after a few hours ..i changed my mind. so we broke up.

• the fourth guy .i rejected because the sister is my good friend.

• I've been asked out just once... And I declined.

• I have never been asked out...though I did get a booty call once that I said no to...

• 7 over the past 12 months. 3 while I was single. Said yes to all 3. Explained to the others that I wasn't available.

• I've been asked out twice, rejected both as they were not my type. I've only asked two guys out and both were not interested.

• I've been asked out at least 7 times in the last 6 months and two times by the same person and 5 times by diffent guys. I dint accept to any of them because I wasn't interested in them

• 6, said yes to 4 of them!

• ive been asked out twice and I rejected

• asked out once and accepted once

• Never been asked out in my life, I'm 20 btw

• ure joking right?

• Will you go out with me ?

There at least you can now say you have been asked out.

-Now the question is, decline or accept?

:)

• WTF

How the? I mean ?

Wow :O

I think all guys are gay or blind in your area

• I have never asked someone out seriously or been asked out sad as that sounds I'm 16 too. :(

• I've been asked out four times in the past 12 months and I rejected them all.

• Five times

Accepted - two

Rejected - three

• none

none

and none

sad me :(

• ive been asked out 10 times

i accepted 4

and I rejected 6

• well I've only been single for 3 months. but in that three months:

asked out 3

rejected 2

accepted 1 (which was a failure btw!)

• Girls: In the last 12 months how many times have you been asked out?: 2

How many of those did you accept?: 2

How many of those did you reject?: 0

The first time I was dumped, the second time I dumped him.

• i don't remember the exact numbers, but not that often

• got asked 4 times and rejeCted them.

Im just not in that mood.

• I've been asked out twice, one rejected, one accepted :)