Victoria's Secret vs anywhere else?

why do people spend so much money at victorias secret for bras and underwear when you can get the same stuff a lot cheaper? I know a girl in my class who says she will only go to victorias secret and has over 30 bras from there. why spend so much

and its wrong link
pin me down? link ha ha you get the point
okay I'm not really getting the whole quality thing because I still find no difference...im not saying go get a $5 bra that's made of plastic or anything... whatever I still think its because how the advertise and say oohh you will be incredible you will be sexy
not overpriced? link

Most Helpful Girl

• quality, fit, comfort, and looks. now I don't have 30 bras from VS, but I do have a couple and they wash a lot better and tend to keep their shape better than bras from other stores. they also give me better support and make my girls look a little nicer compared to other bras, and often times the material used is nicer and fabric is softer.

clearly you don't know when or how to shop there though because you can get some really good coupons online and you can actually combine them with any sales they have going on. best time to shop is during the semi annual sale - especially if you have a winter or summer birthday since you also get something like a $10-15 off coupon/card. that will take a good chunk off of that bra you want and it won't be any more expensive than the others since most GOOD bras are at least $15-20 depending on where you go and if they have a sale running as well.

now I'll admit some of the new stuff at regular price is very expensive but it's all in the strategy, ladies. I'm am a super frugal girl which is why you have to know how to prioritize shopping.

• clearly I don't know how because I don't shop there and won't go into that sex symbol store

• it's no different than going into a department store and buying a bra there. it's a sex symbol if you let it be, but however you put it people need to wear under garments for support. alternatively they can go commando, which *I* would think is more provocative, but hey, to each their own.

• People need to wear underwear. If VS can provide comfortable, attractive, long-lasting, affordable (yes, I said it; lingerie costs money any way you slice it but VS really isn't expensive the way designers like Gucci or Prada are expensive) undergarments why shouldn't people buy them? You can hardly dislike them on the basis of being a "sex symbol store"- or do you not wear underwear because underwear is a "sex symbol item"?

What Guys Said 12

• In general, people are not great shoppers and all too often are drawn by the allure of the brand. Vicky's has a great brand name and does a good job of marketing, but I agree you can often get the same stuff for way less. Especially these days with the Internet.

• Being that I'm not a girl, I don't know from experience (and if I did that would be bad) but I know many girls who say that they have to go to more expensive places like VS or other similar places because more conventional (cheaper) bras don't fit them as well as they are not standard sizing.

• A friend of mine says she either can't find one that fits as well or isn't as comfortable, (I don't remember which) but going there JUST because it's Victoria's Secret? I don't get that either...

• "adriana lima wears it, if I buy it I will look like her"

• link

u wanna look like adriana lima?

• He was quoting what a girl would say. QUOTING

• Lol at the confusion... anyways, that is definitely (and unfortunately) a common phenomenon, but is not always the case. I shop at VS because I genuinely prefer their underwear to others. I know that when I go into a VS store I can find stuff I like that fits me before the century is up, whereas it's really hard for me to find things elsewhere and it can take me an hour to find one bikini.

• because they are b!tches.

I don't know. People buy a lot of over priced crap.. Look at apple products for example.

• hahah I have a mac and an itouch=]=]=] my grandpa got my the laptop though

• I agree that people often pay too much for stuff they don't really need. However, VS underwear is better quality and more comfortable than anything else I have found. They have an unusually broad selection of 100% cotton underwear, and I can only wear cotton. It's also really not that expensive- it depends what you're getting and what you're comparing it to. Five long lasting, super comfy pairs of undies for $25 is actually not a bad deal. I'm on a budget, but I prefer quality over quantity.

• 5 for 25? maybe a really good sale.

• You're actually a very smart little chic. My parents went thought the great depression and it was hard to find things to eat. Well, not to scare you, but there's on looming now I think. You're not a flyer and you're already down to earth. So if we do plunge into a another great depression, I'm sorry to say but you're friend will be haven a hard landing.

• I can't really comment on the bra thing. But panties at VS are very nice. And there is something sexy about wearing a panty that has a VS label in it. I also really like FOH (Fredericks of Hollywood) panties. They may be more expensive, but I think that they are more cute.

• Brand. Ruthless marketing of a commodity.

• It's the merchandising. Truth be told, any sensible girl will buy what fits and will last a while. VS is ridiculous. Go there for one or two "sexy sets," not for all of your bras and panties.

• Victoria's Secret wins smells really good in there too

• i actually prefer getting panties from FOH, I do like some VS panties though.

• I am just curious why a young (under 18) girl would feel the need for over 30 bras?

What Girls Said 22

• Because they're good quality. When I was younger I went to target to get some bras because they were cheaper and they fell apart pretty fast. I've had some victoria's secret bras for years and they're still just as great as when I bought them. And you don't have to buy them full price, that semi-annual sale has some great deals and I think Pink always has a set of bra's where you can get 2 for $32. That and they have some really nice stuff and I don't mind spending the money...there's a reason people shop there.

• VS Pink is suppose to market towards college girls... not middle school-high school girls (hence the collegiate clothing). I find it disgusting when I see middle school girls wear VS Pink. by the way, the models are all at the appropriate age to be wearing those clothes... they're not 10 year olds modeling in an underwear saying "let's make things happen."

And I find VS models better than most models out there. At least they're a elite group of women who aren't stick skinny and aren't under normal model body type.

• nothing wrong with skinny

• ummm yes they are skinny. They're fashion models. Whether they're modeling a bra or a shawl.

• Victoria's Secret models actually do have curvier, seemingly healthier bodies than regular runway models. And also runway models tend to be even skinnier than catalog models.

• Because usually victorias secret have comfortable bras and fits right. Good bras usually cost about $40. For girls who are fuller cupped, like me, buying cheap bras from target or something doesn't fit well at all, it's actually money down the drain. VS bras actually last a bit longer too. I mean.. I can go to soma and get really comfortable bras there too but they make me feel old lol and they're about $40 too. And every year they have a couple of semi-annual sales where you can get it A LOT cheaper. If I can buy lingerie for a cheaper price and the same quality, I really would, but that doesn't exist (at least as far as I know it).

• The quality is a million times better. If I were to wear a bra from Wal-mart or something, I would have to wear two at the same time just to feel comfortable because they do not do the job nearly as well as bras of higher quality (which also happen to be more expensive). Also, bras and panties from Victoria's secret or other similar stores look sexier.

• Fredericks of Hollywood is the best. They have the same bra in every size. The same design and color, in all sizes. Cute, and much cheaper.

• I think underwears are in general not cheap.

Here in my country there are only few,VS stores, but there are others brazilian brands, and the good ones are all expensive. For example: link

• actually Victoria Secret is a bargain for us brazilians...so when in Usa got to go there ...

• yea its true the quality probably is better and if you think about it their reputation is just generally a lot better than most other department stores when it comes to undergarments because they do specialize in it after all! its so ridiculous though that something as essential as bras and panties can be so expensive :( in my perfect world bras would be $20 or cheaper with no tax!

• I'm the same way as your friend- I'll occasionally buy things from somewhere else, but the majority of my underwear by far comes from VS. This is because I know my size so it's easy for me to order things online or find things in the store that fit, and because I just really like the quality of their stuff. I'm extremely sensitive to itchy or poky clothing and it's hard for me to find comfy bras elsewhere.

• I also only wear 100% cotton undies and they have the best and most attractive 100% cotton selection that I've seen anywhere. I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothes but I'll take quality over quantity any day, and they're not THAT expensive. It depends what you're comparing them to.

• Yes, it is crazy. They made one with diamonds too which cost millions. I think it's pretty ridiculous, I'll give you that. But just because they make a couple of odd expensive items doesn't negate the fact that the majority of their clothing is perfectly affordable.

• Different people like different styles, fit different shapes, and have different clothing needs. You don't have to shop at VS if you don't want to. But I do, for the genuine reasons I've listed, and I don't want to be treated as though I'm falling prey to advertising or using my lingerie as a status symbol. With my budget, shopping options (I live in a small town so being able to order online and know I'll like what I get is a big plus), and clothing needs, VS really does work well for me.

• The fabric is very good for panties; as well as bras but I myself barely wear bras so I just buy their panties & they really aren't that expensive when you compare them to the prices at department stores like Macy's or even JcPenney

• omg we finally got a vic sec here in canada, and fk it's so expensive. I can understand buying nice lingerie for a special occasion but just for bras? I would stick to something cheaper. Unless it was for a wedding or something that's different.

• Exactly! When that one first opened the line was so long for the first few weeks, it honestly made me wonder where all those girls got their lingerie before there was a VS here.

• The opening day for that store was lame, my friend went and said that the line was long and adriana lima didn't even stay like wtf even the pink line is really expensive just for cotton underwear

• One major reason why my friend goes there is because they have really good quality bras. She is a triple D so she needs top notch bras for support. I can get away with cheaper ones because I'm not quite as well endowed.

• Victorias Secret isn't expensive at all, although I prefer Maidenform or Calvin Klein. VS is relatively cheap, not to mention, I have big boobs, I need good quality bras,not Target(Xhiliration) or Hanes

• i have one calvin klein but that's because I had Christmas money and it was so comfortable ha ha the rest are cheap though

• No, not to me, but what's cheap for one person is expensive for another...not everyone is going to agree on this

• Preference,marketing...many reasons.

• Personally, I can't find a sexy bra at walmart then I if I go to VS. I don't mind, I'd pay more.. I'm getting better quality anyways. I find them much much more comfortable too.

• Lol those clothes and that bedspread is totally skanky. Seriously who would buy that? A skank? hahahaha

PINK is marketed to college-age girls though...so, ya know.

but yeah check out my question? ---> link

• To me there stuff seems nicer.

I like silk undies haha.

• its the most comfortable underwear you can buy. in my opinion

• yeah I like VS because I'm a DD and I can't just pick up any bra from any cheap store. brand or no brand, people can argue all they want but these people are usually smaller boobed girls or men. I have ginormous t*ts and I need good quality and support and usually you get what you pay for. VS isn't my all time favorite I don't think, but its up there with the brands that make bras for my size in a variety of styles, color, and with comfort and good support for me. I guess if I were a B or even a small C, I could just buy cheaper bras from any random place. I've tried that before and they aren't as good for girls with big boobs like me. Even other brands that I like outside of VS are expensive because it seems like cheap in the bra world = cheaper quality as well. I have a lot of VS bras (maybe 25 right now), and I'd rather spend 40 on a bra that works than 20 on a flimsy thing that isn't right for me.

• Because they think it'll make them look and feel sexier cause they see all the beautiful models. Models sell. What do they sell? They sell hope because they make the clothes looks good. It's the this idea of sexy that every woman wants to be

• im a DDD so its hard to find really good bras anyother places...and they are really cute!:P

• When your bra size is 32DD, Victoria's secret is pretty much the only place where you can find more than 2 bras in the entire store...

• it;s like a status symbol

it's like buying a gucci instead of a department store bag