Why do guys prefer blond hair?

i've noticed in all these topics all anyone talks about is the blond vs. Brunette as if there is no other hair color.. What about us redheads? Shouldn't we be desired the most as our hair color is so rare or is it the stereotyping behind red hair about their fiery temper that put men off? ( which is actually true in my case, lol)

I'm not saying we should be desired the most as I know everyone has their own opinion but why are we always forgotten in any of the questions I have read?

any suggestions, I'd like to know ! :D

btw - natural redheads... not the bottle redheads :)
ok so I'm adding this in here since some people were confused - I am not assuming that this is correct ! My point was in every other topic redheads were sparsely mentioned or completely forgotten. I was not declaring that the other questions I had read an
were law! am only speculating as to WHY we are not mentioned

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the girl attached to the hair no matter what the color.

What Guys Said 10

• The light auburn color is my favorite of the redheads. As to why the forums seem to focus on blonds versus brunettes is probably because those are the two common colors. I like your question and agree with you. Redheads are not given the credit or attention they should get.

• Different hair colors connote different things:

Pink, blue, green, and all these other "unnatural" hair color generally gives an impression of a punk, pop, I-don't-give-a-damn-about-what-others-think attitudes...and they're very popular amongst rockers.

Red heads, Brunettes, black-hairs, and Blonds are natural hair colors, and generally, there isn't a general connotation you can provide.

Having said that,

You could say that a lot of rocker-types envy redheads; they dye their hair red quite frequently, and often comments "I wish I had a natural red hair". I play a fair amount of gigs, so I just notice these things.

I'm not strictly saying that only rocker-types envy redheads, but what I am getting at is that you do hear about redheads all the time!

The only downside about a redhead is that people often stereotype them as rednecks/albinos/Irish... I'm sure you've heard all these.

These are all prejudice though, so :D Chin up. Good people in this world don't care about hair colors, and if they do, red heads are quite popular.

• Irish :L hahah, Leprechaun is another one I hear quite frequently. It doesn't annoy me one bit. I'll never dye my hair until it starts going grey!

• IN MY HUMBLE opinion..yeah blondes have the "best reputation" for being wild and crazy but those guys have never been with a true redhead...I had the chance of being with a true redhead and holy cow she was gorgeous beyond belief. The most gorgeous blue eyes, the hottest freckles and just the best hottest red hair..wow she was a dream come true...anyway like I said that's just an opinion, and before the question comes up she was a natural redhead..the reason I KNOW she was natural is private but yeah I had full proof.

• They don't all.

> Shouldn't rare = most desirable

Not nesc. I'm not that into people with Stendhal Syndrome for example.

> or is it the firey temper that put men off?

No. Bring it. Passion is better than passive any day.

> why are we always forgotten in any of the questions I have read?

Chronic lack of imagination in many posters. Congrats on some variety.

• You made me laugh with the Stendal Sydrome! :D

• Thanks, was just trying to lighten the mood a bit with a condition that didn't seem very threatening (hint: if you have it avoid art galleries).

What the heck is there for some dismal individual to down about this?

• I know, and then some person would up the comment below which was just plain rude! :)

• Please. Don't be stupid. Don't assume anything so narrow-minded and juvenile.

Get off the computer. Hair color means jack diddly squat when you're dating a guy.

• I am not assuming that this is correct ! My point was in every other topic redheads were sparsely mentioned or completely forgotten. I was not declaring that the other questions I had read and were law. I am only speculating as to WHY we are not mentioned. You didn't need to be so rude to me.

Your username clearly matches your personality.

• I noticed you're from Ireland, so maybe reheads are more abundant where you live. But in the US, they are very rare.

• I'm new to this site so I'm assuming ThickRick replied this ''Redheads are not common in comparison to other hair colors, therefore are uncommon in conversation. OMG DID THAT COME OUT OF MY BRAIN?!?! ''

Thank you, you have a point about this. I appreciate this comment, not so much your totally rude comment before :D

• Haven't you heard? Gingers don't have souls. But there are people leading the fight, like the guy in this link

• Not all guys do.

I prefer blondes tho.

Bcuz I like girls to have different hair to me, I have black hair.

Not saying that brunettes are unattractive at all.

Some blondes are hotter than brunettes and vice versa!

• And you haven't once mentioned redheads - you proved the question asker right!?

• Love natural red heads / gingers. Most beautiful women in the world if you ask me. So sweet looking.

• I preffer brunettes.

• I like 'em all (natural hair colors). I have said that my preference was blond because I think every crush I've ever had was on a blond girl. It's just a coincidence though, because I would have been attracted to them if they had any other hair color.

• Haha, I completely agree.

Blonds are everywhere, and hence there's just a higher percentage of having a crush on them.

I prefer natural hair colors too. I've only known a few redheads though, so I can't say I've liked redheads before, but if I knew more, the odds are I might just start having a crush on them

What Girls Said 5

• You are so right, I hate when we get missed out like that! :( We get a raw deal anyway, so many people say they hate 'gingers'. Losers!

• Cuz we are usually categorized as burnett or blonde,for example my natural color is a light aburn red and people would call me strawberry blond etc, now I dye my hair a deep auburn red brown and I get categorized as a burnett, its just so there is less categories to choose from you know?

• I'm also a red head. And people who know me on this forum know me to flare up with anger from time to time, so if they blame my hair color for it than so be it. Though part of the reason I'm like this is because I'm short and people have pushed me around while growing up, thinking I was an easy target, so I got bullied, mainly by other girls. Though I'm quite calm otherwise.

As for the boys, it varies. Though I do notice one commonality is that the darker the skin of the guy the less he finds me attractive. They like my long red hair, but are put off a bit by the freckles on my pale skin.

• i know a lot of guys that prefer brunettes and a LOT that think redheads are a turn on because they're so rare.

• I would just like to point out, not many Irish people have red hair...most are brunette. I love the ginger though, especially when the sun shines on it ;)