Have you ever been called ugly?

Do you consider yourself ugly? Are you actually happy with your body and face?

Most Helpful Girl

• In real life? No. Actually, I get lots of compliments. Brazilian guys in general aren't shy. xD I have some admirers :)

On this site? Several times. xD ha ha And honestly, I don't care because it won't affect my self steem, and won't change what I really see on the mirror. :) I'm happy with my body and face.

The older you get, the more you become confident and see what really matters.

What Girls Said 52

• I've never been called ugly and have always taken good care of myself to be decently attractive. The only thing is I'm so short (5'0") people mistake me for up to 6 years younger, I should so be a narc ;) But even though I look young I'm happy with my body and face because I'm a toned size 0 and have good skin/features

• OH yea... I definitely have. Did it bother me? Eh... a little. I'm not snobby and I usually mind my own business, so it's really no reason why someone would say things like that to me. I don't find myself ugly, but I'm not particularly fond with my body and face. I was called ugly a couple times on here and also in real life.

• yes I have been called ugly. By haters :) and I do not care what they think.

I am very happy with myself. I am not happy with my body 100% but, I think everyone will always have insecurities about something on them...I can't be perfect..I am only human :D

• Maybe in grade school I was called ugly..I don't really remember. I am happy with my face..ive been told I'm cute..im not as happy with my body but I don't hate it...im working on it tho, so its all good!

• Yep, and it wasn't even online. Several times, too. I don't think of myself as ugly, nor spectacularly pretty, either, but it still wasn't something I wanted to hear. Typically, I'm fairly happy with my self. There are somethings that I wouldn't mind changing at some points, but it's fine.

• Yeah I have been, there's always some loser around who is out looking to bring someone else down! I get complimented much more often though I'm pleased to say... I think people should keep bloody quiet if they've got nothing good to say, a horrible remark like that can stay with a person for a long time and knock any confidence they had right out of them for a time.

• Oh and no I'm not really happy with myself, I have lost two and a half stone so happy as I'll ever be with my body... I'd like to change my face though. I really would love to be a stunning beauty! :/

• you're probably extremely gorgeous! xx

• Wow, to be honest I was called ugly only once in my life...well if you count how many times my younger sister has called me ugly then it would be enumerable. But she doesn't count since she's my sister. lol But other than that only one other person has ever called me ugly and that was back in middle school an ugly guy (yeah he was really ugly) called me ugly but I knew he was lying.

So as of recently I have never heard anyone call me ugly or anyone say that I look ugly.

Oh, and yes I love the way I look. I feel I could lose a couple pounds (want to get some abs), once I do that I'll treat myself to getting my belly button pierced. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time. :)

• I used to consider myself a plain jane, but I've really grown up since grade school. I find myself beautiful. I could get in a bit better shape, but 5 lbs doesn't make or break the fact that I love nearly everything about my body ^_^ I wish I got a more lithe bone structure, but I'm perfectly content with how I am now ^_^

• seem more like model material to me. your face structure is amazing!

• Thanks Eiffel! You're too sweet =^_^= You look absolutely gorgeous *hugs* Pinky promise I'm not a creeper X3

• Oh yes!Ive been called Ugly before.Its okay though really...no one looks like m which is cool I think.I know I'm not ugly...i just look exotic.But I'm pretty happy with what God gave me.I would change it for the world.

• I get called ugly all the time. I'm one of the ugliest people alive though. I work on my appearance but no amount of make up can help my face. It's hideous. I hate it. I could live with being unattractive, but it's when people rub it in that bothers me. I already know I am ugly, so I don't need people to yell it out and then laugh with their friends. I've never had a boyfriend, and probably never will. I am trying to work out a lot, and I am getting Zerona done because I have a bit of a belly, but for some reason it won't go away. The rest of me is tiny, except my belly so I look pregnant... which sucks.

• Yes...When someone calls me that it dims down my self confidence and I feel like worthless sh*t. I start to actually think I am ugly. I don't know if I really like my appearance...my cheeks are too chubby, my nose is too wide and round and flat...my eyebrows are too thick...and people used to say I look like winnie the pooh and a koala bear... I never get people saying hey you look beautiful...its always cute or ugly. Whatever I consider myself average. I wish my face was different but what ever.

• yes I have been called ugly MANY times by my fam and other people I know.

I may not be 100% statisfied by with my face or body ever but I know I am pretty. I have a beatutiful soul and it shows when I smile. plus braces helped a lot XD

pretty or not this is me. and I am going love who I am. I notice that the more I think this way more people say I am a cute person.

• Yes. several times. Actually I got called that today in my chemistry class by this stupid guy. He was trying to get me in trouble with the teacher so I simply told him to stfu and then he got mad and he starts going off on me for no reason and called me ugly more than once. I'm not too worried about that asshole though. His girlfriend looks like a rat so that just goes to show how poor his taste in women is...anyways I have a boyfriend that's way sexier than him and I'm happy and confident with how I look.

• I have been called ugly before by gals who, well, hate me :P But I wouldn't consider myself ugly. I'm not pretty by any means but I like how I look (Even if my nose could be a little on the smaller side XD)

• I know I'm pretty late for this answer but I wanted to answer it for the he'll of it. Anyway, back to the question.

I don't consider myself ugly but I don't consider myself gorgeous either. I find myself pretty,and content with the way I look, because I'm not one of those stick figure models, but I'm curvy I'n all the right places. What more could I ask for.

• Yes. But not to my face which is the main problem. I know I am overweight and I do fight to fix this. However I think I have a good personality (I hope so anyway!) and am always thinking about others before myself so have no qualms about my personality really.

However I would of course like to improve my looks, after only ever being asked out by two guys honestly and neither really my type (other than physically, which sounds harsh, but true in different ways).

My face I find okay, even if acne does pick the most inopportune moments to appear (as with my whole family) but it is really my body I dislike. I had a knee accident many years ago and that is when my weight began to increase.

So yeah, that's my opinion!

• Yes, in junior and high school I was constantly told how ugly and fat I was. I know it contributed to me developing an eating disorder too. It never happened to me in college though. Nowadays, I consider myself to be average looking and my body still needs great improvements.

• people have called me ugly mostly in elementry school then I moved far away from there and well now I am being called beautiful and looking back at those memories I'm thinknig the guy that called me ugly was jealous everyone thought he was anyways now I am happy with my face and my body because I know that to the right guy I will be beautiful and just perfect

• I`ve been called a lot of names but I don`t recall ugly being one of them so no.

• yup. it hurts like hell...especially to me...because I know its true.

• Yes. When I was like 12 one girl came to me and said you know you are so ugly that not even a plastic surgery could fix you, I thought she was ugly but I don't say this thing to people...Well she really hurt me and I kind of started to believe in that, I just didn't understand why the better looking guys used to like looking at me, maybe I wasn't so ugly...Today I think I am better than average, I wished I was better looking anyway, like a better version of me...i am working on it...

• In high school I was called ugly a couple of times, but I never believed them. I consider myself attractive and I put in an effort to maintain my apperance. I'm very happy with the way I look.

• I think I'm cute, lol

• yea I have been called ugly before but I know am not. Am happy with the way I look though there are a couple of things I would change. I do like my body as well .

• In middle school, but I was also voted the prettiest girl in my class in middle school so I don't know. High school not that I can remember

• I have been called ugly, a long time ago in middle school because it was a weird stage for me. I was insecure and had a breakout and bucked teeth so these 2 guys would call me ugly and pick on me. Well, lucky for me I eventually grew out of that stage.Im really fit and take care of myself,. so I love my body now. I filled out more,got my braces off & skin cleared up and I like my face too esp. with makeup.and now those jerks are the ones calling me "hot".hahah, well too late for them..

• No but my mom says I can act really ugly sometimes. I think she thinks means my sarcastic attitude. But as I grew up I look back on my pictures and say wow I was pretty awful looking. It was clearly a lot of growth but I am glad I have progressed nicely now I am extremely happy with how I look.

• I've been told I have an ugly personality :/

• Yes, I have been called ugly. I think I am average looking though.

• yes but not in a long time. I used to be called ugly A LOT and it took a long time to realize that I am beautiful. I was kind of a late bloomer but I'm making up for it now

• More from Girls
    22

What Guys Said 23

• Yup I've been called ugly, I would consider myself ugly... I hate my face, I actually think my body is good, not perfect... But I've worked hard on it over the last three years, so I'd hope it's at least mediocre, It probably is what I'm most complimented for these days... Ah well.

• Yeah, a lot, when I was younger. Actions speak louder than words though - we used to have these unisex games in PE, in early highschool, where you had to hold on to each other and run and sh*t. Kind of uncomfortable, for 13-14 year olds, but I can see, and approve, of what they were doing at the time.

But there girls were somewhat fine with it with everyone, but a lot of them flat out refused to play if I was going to be on their team. I had to sit out for some games, because I was so repulsive. Girls that didn't speak out about it wouldn't touch me, or moved further up in the que. Similarly, if I was seated beside girls in class, they'd ask outright to move. If I sat down near them, but with my friends at the time, they'd move as far away from me as they could, and kept asking their friends to switch with them, which would be responded to with laughter and a 'f*** no!'

But, that's the fickleness with youth, doused in American Television, hahaha. I improved myself a great deal and because quite well fancied, which is pretty much the opposite effect =] And if some girls did try that sh*t - usually for me being weird, as opposed to repulsive, this time, you know - I had the confidence to say things to them. One girl did it, and she thought an awwwwful lot of herself, she did the moving tables things, but she was still within talking distance, so I turned to her and said 'Am I that f***ing bad, ey?' - which isn't even a clever line or anything. And she spent the next five minutes apologising to me, while I looked at her with a slightly drawn shattered grin. Heheh. F***ing execution.

Lejjjjj.

• I used to get called ugly all the time, I grew to accept that those people had no lifes and no better way to punish thenselves than to bully me. I feel so sorry for those bullies. Now I just see everyone as beautiful because everyone is human and everyone is different. I don't care about my body either as long as I have a body.

• Okay, Just a few things:

1 - I feel so sorry for you.

2 - You're a d***.

3 - I may be ugly but at least I am comfortable with putting pictures of myself on here.

That is all.

:)

• I've been called ugly. Many times. Over the years I've learned to believe it.

Now sometimes people say that's not true, but the damage has been done.

I have been told too many times that I'm ugly and now I believe it.

I'm ashamed. I'm discouraged. Even worse I find bozos who think the cure is

to get plastic surgery. Even on here! Sorry, it's regarded as "cosmetic" and

I'd have to fork out the money. I can't afford it. I have to live in this ugly body.

• -Yeah, usually by but-hurt people that can't have a logical debate about a subject without attacking someones physical appearance or upbringing.

-I am contempt with my appearance. My face is average-ish (beauty is subjective) and my body slightly above average.

• Ugh, I hate it when someone can't think of a come back so they just make some untrue remark about your physical appearance. It's not a good comeback though cause it just shows their weakness.

• No although I have been told that I have a big nose, some girl told me I was too short for her even though she was 5'11 (I am 5'10), but no I actually have got good compliments :).

No I don't think I am ugly, maybe a bit overweight and I have a crooked nose (from a surgery) but I am satisfied with myself.

• only by my mom nobody else ever called me ugly

• I've never been called ugly. I've actually been called cute to pretty handsome. OH! There was this one time in middle school when this girl (she was a totally popular prissy b*tch) who told me I would be really handsome if only I ditched my glasses. I shot her a condescending look then walked away. I'm not going to change myself to suit other people's needs. I happen to like glasses.

• Yeah I been called it quite often. My face minus the nose lol is pretty good. Body wise I only got 1 flaw though I'm not sure I will correct it.

• I think so. To tell you the truth, I always hated getting the easy let down. I never asked anyone if they found me attractive, they somehow would get on the topic. Then they would find a way to let me know that they didn't find me attractive, when I didn't ask in the first place.

It's sort of a weird mind game now that I think about it lol

• I haven't been called ugly in real life, only online, when people haven't even seen my face. I don't consider myself ugly, or handsome, just in between. And, I'm content with my body anf face..

• Not to my face. But, I know that my nose is too big/pointed and that I am so thin (long, thin bones).

• Yep, more then once, but it doesn't bother me so much, and I'm not to happy on my body, but I don't hate it, working on it though :)

• Yeah I have been called ugly. Quite a few times. And to my face as well. Honestly, yeah I do consider myself ugly. And the fact that I'm only 5'4'' doesn't help. But hey, I can't change my face or height so no point dwelling on it.

• Never been called it. I'm content with how I look. I mean, I sometimes wish I was taller. But I can't change that so there's no need to stress over it.

• Actually I haven't! Weird...

• Never. For one thing, I'm not. So if someone was to call me ugly I'd just take it as an empty insult.

• I've been called many things but I don't think any one has ever called me ugly... At least that I know about :O

• Iv been called dorky looking and people used to tell me id never get a date cause I look like a monkey or a frog. So that's basically the same.

• Many things-but that's not one of them-

• Once and I'm comfortable with my looks I consider myself average

• yep a few times - Doesn't bothe rme - its just someone elses opinion...

• yup, several times actually