Guys: how much does size matter?

so I'm just wondering how much a woman's weight actually matters. Obviously it does...but how much? say a woman was a size..Aus 14..would you even look at her? would you consider dating her?

Girls you opinion and experiences are appreciated too :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not into concentration camp skinny girls - being able to see ribs is a turn off to me. I've said it before on here but I think Christina Hendricks looks perfect and some have definitely called her "big" or "full figured". That being said, it has a lot to do with how a woman carries her weight. If she's not very confident and is constantly adjusting clothes or dressing like she's trying to hide, that's a turn off.

Typically I'm not really attracted to women who have bellies or chubbier faces (puffy cheeks/double chins). Men and women both make unconscious calculations about the size of men and women they see - for men it's waist to hip ratio and for women it's waist to height. It's subjective what each person will like though.

• I personally have the same body as her red hair and all, I get told I look like her all the time.

So to answer the question my boyfriend fell in love with me when I was at my heaviest over 200 pounds, now I'm at 160, I've still got knock out curves, I'm not skinny and I probably never will be but now I'm healthier. I don't think you have to be skinny or have muscles some women like me are just never going to be like that, but being fit is possible

• Damn, of course you're in the UK and taken ;)

• I Also agree with Twincapersred...i have the same body type aswell...but I have dark brown hair.

What Guys Said 11

• For guys, it is nice to be able to NOT have to lie to you daily about your appearance. We will lie to appease you for the sake of love and relationship and family and whatnot, but it would be NICE not to.

In my advanced age I maintain a V-shaped figure, good muscle mass, good rate of metabolism. No 6-pack or crazy blobs of muscles everywhere, but very much in shape. I have the discipline to eat well and exercise to keep that up for life. The bottom line is, this should be the norm. I am in the top 10% of body appearance in my age group and I should not be.

Make it a priority to get into the top shape of your life and stay there, and the way I look at it, even if I am so pathetically off it is completely irrelevant, at the absolute very least, you would be in the top shape of your life. :-) :-) :-)

Hugs

Sasha

• "say a woman was a size..Aus 14.."

Do you have a link? I live in America and don't know what Aus 14 means.

• *My preference*

If she's slightly overweight, I have no problem with that. Especially if she's putting in effort in trying to lose it. Now if her body looks like Precious (Good movie, but she's a very unappealing woman.) I wouldn't even look her direction. If I don't want to see you naked, it's not going to work.

*Generalization*

Keeping your weight down increases your chances to get with great men that has something going for them. Typically, guys with money and have something going for them don't roll (Hook up) with fat girls because they know what they can get. Simps, betamales, and/or broke guys is a different story. They take what they can get.

• It's hard to break it down to sizes. When a girl is fat, even if she has a nice face, I'm not really attracted to her. I'm kind of thinking in the back of my mind that she might be very attractive if she lost some weight, but unfortunately, it's something I can't really get past. However, that doesn't mean you have to be really skinny. It's okay to be kinda thick. Shape is an important factor to consider as well. When it comes to size, I think there's always hope. Even if you're naturally a little bit bigger, if you work at it, you can get into a shape that's fine for most guys.

• What about a girl this size? I'm exactly her size...give my boobs may be a little bigger.

link

• honestly it totally matters. for guys before we even think about talking to a girl we judge them based on their looks and if the girl is over weight a lot of times that's a deal breaker.

• Girls have to endure more visual screening by men than men have to endure from women. Yes it matters, I'd be dishonest if I said it would not but there is more to humans than sheer weight.

I do not know if you ask this question for your own concern but if you do, confide more in yourself. "Would you consider dating her?"

Well to put it bluntly, to decide a date on weight and weight only would be beyond any imaginable stupidity.

• It all depends. Obviously I do not want someone significantly overweight (I am a skinny guy), but I don't mind being with someone who is bigger than me (not hard to do anyways). But a face is much more important.

• Of course! Size only matters to me if she is clearly neglecting her body. You know, if she is ball-shaped.

• i would consider her as a friend, maybe, but nothing more

• of course it matters! if you got rolls and waddle you won't be seen around an attractive man

• That's what? 10 US? That's what 30-32" about that in mens? You're fine. But even if you were bigger it all depends on how you carry yourself. There could be a woman who is size 4-6 and I wouldn't give her a second look, and there could be a woman who is size 14 and I find her sexy as hell. And of course I am talking about US sizes. A good example of a woman, and I do mean woman probably mid to late 30's.. hell maybe early 40's who works at a local pharmacy store next to my house. I can't exactly say what size she is and I don't dare ask. But she's kinda big. Definitely bigger than 14 US. Really cute face, amazing eyes and amazing smile, carries herself really well. I wouldn't hesitate to get with her. For a relationship or to fool around.

So, it can matter in a way but it really all depends.

What Girls Said 2

• It all depends on what the guy is attractive to and what he's willing to look past because of the girl and her personality. I think if you're confident then that shows and is a lot more attractive to guys than someone who is overweight and brings themselves down because of it. So my opinion is that as long as you're confident and happy in the skin you're in then you'll find someone. If its that big of a deal to a guy then he obviously shouldn't be that big of a deal to you and isn't worthy of your time or energy.

• Depends on the guy I think! I agree with Quadrophonic: a lot is to do with confidence. If a girl is not confident and has a bent over stance and doesn't meet the eye, is always pulling down her clothes, etc, it will be a turn off for guys.

try to act confident, even if you're not inside!