How you'd like a man to look, the type you'd go for?

Is the stereotypical ''Buff, lean, 6 pack'' look really what the ladies go for? Or is a man preferred with a bit more meat on him? Somewhere in between? Tall, short, dark hair, blond, blue or brown eyed, pale or tanned? It'd be interesting to see if the stereotype is actually what girls want...

I think a few 'samples' will have to go with this question :) 1 of them will be me but I won't be saying which 1. If any1 can guess then I'll be amazed!

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, what looks are attractive is so subjective, and changes for any one person. I don't have a type at all, I just know what looks good when I see it. My personal favorite is blue eyes and dark hair though. I like little to no facial hair, though if I already like someone and they end up having facial hair it's not a turnoff. Also, I don't think buffness is a big deal. Actually, I'd rather a guy either be slightly chubby or a little skinny rather than really buff. I think really buff guys look very unnatural and just..hard...for lack of a better term...because who wants to cuddle with a giant, rock-hard muscled guy? I know I sure don't. But honestly, I think a person's personality stands out more than their attractiveness. For example, with my crush, what first made me notice him was his looks, but as I got to know him, I noticed how easily he smiled, how well-mannered and thoughtful, sweet and kind he was. And that's what made me fall for him is the whole "package deal" thing. But personality in my opinion outshines good looks.

• I never understood how important cuddles are to women :) So the buff magazine men are just good to look at, they'd be nice for a one nighter but not a relationship? Muscles aren't everything?

• This website does have it's benefits lol. So your saying sack the diet and the steroids off and become ''Mr.Snuggle''? :)?

• i mean I'm not saying become a complete couch potato, you should be healthy! but don't try your hardest to be muscular. just be healthy and be yourself and the cuddles will come with that :)

What Girls Said 24

• I've dated guys from different body types, hair colour, eye colour, the whole spectrum. But my fiancĂ© takes the cake. And believe me, I've never been particular for any one "type" of guy. That said, my fiancĂ© is 5'11, toned and muscular (yes, the six pack included), dark hair, blue eyes (same as me, and not the first time I've dated a guy with brown hair and blue eyes), not overly tan, but gets a little dark in the summer. Not your typical "OMG! He's so gorgeous!" guy, but in my eyes there's no one better looking than he is when he looks at me with love in his eyes. Cheesy, I know, and I don't care. It's the most amazing feeling.

• I'm not overly bothered about body, more personality for me. But I guess I prefer a bit more meat on a guy. I'm a sucker for cuddles so I'd like something to cuddle up to. I find that some guys with loads of muscles and abs like a drainboard tend to love themselves a lot and I find that quality in a guy a massive turn off. I'd like a guy to be physically strong but they don't have to necessarily look it. Dark eyes and hair for me with a little bit of a tan :)

I'm happy as long as he is and I could love whatever's on the outside so long as there's a wonderful man on the inside.

• I personally like tall.

I don't like them to be skinny as sticks, but I also don't like REALLY obese guys.

Stereotypical buff guys are weird to me. I like a little muscle, not much.

As for hair and eye color? I really don't care.

But all of that is outside stuff. To me, it's how they treat me that's important.

• First off, while I definitely have a preferred type, it doesn't mean that I won't date a guy just because he has blond hair rather than brown, if I like everything else about him. But anyways this is what I generally go for...

I actually don't like buff guys, the ones who are really bulky and shredded... I think it's kind of gross looking. But I don't want a pile of flubber either. A nice average/healthy size is what I'm attracted to, a few extra pounds and slightly on the skinny side is okay too. A guy who looks like he at least tries to take care of himself a little is wonderful.

I prefer dark haired men, brown or black... I looove blue eyes, but they're more of a bonus for me, I'm perfectly happy with my guy's beautiful brown eyes. I don't like really tan guys because I'm pretty pale and I don't like to look like a neon sign compared to my guy. And I've actually started liking guys on the shorter side. I'm 5'3" and I like guys who are tall enough so that I can wear a heel and not tower over him, but at the same time I don't want to strain my neck while kissing him either. Around 5'6" is ideal to me.

• I usually fall for guys who are around 5'9-6'1 and average build, boyish charm ... not overweight, but not really ripped either. I guess I prefer dark hair and also redheads ... but I've had feelings for guys with different hair colors and eye colors.

• I've liked guys that were 5'5 & 200 pounds (really muscular) and guys that were 6'0 & 150 pounds (quite lean). Body doesn't matter as long as it is a bit toned/athletic. I've never really gone for a guy that was naturally tan. I usually like blond & blue eyes though :)

• its hard to say. I have dated guys of all backgrounds who all look totally different. I would have to say that my ideal man would be about 6'2" (because I am 5'8") and would have muscle tone but isn't BUFF. I guess I like a leaner guy with defined muscles. Hair color and skin color doesn't matter. I also like strong jaw-lines.

However, I have probably only dated 2 guys that actually look like that.

If you have the personality I want, I would be extremely lenient when it comes to looks.

• A man that's confident and sure of himself goes a long way. Insecurity is a huge turnoff. Looks mean little when the personality is right. Still, some things that would turn me off are bad teeth, bad skin, and bad smell. Chubby is OK, but flabby is gross. cut your toe nails. If your hair is thinning, shave it. And don't be self-absorbed, selfish, or petty. Oh, and if you're going to get mad about something, don't whine, cry, or throw a tantrum like a little girl.

• I absolutely love guys with dark hair, dark eyes, and tan skin :) I don't really care about how much muscle he has, as long as he isn't too chubby nor a stick. A happy medium is preferred. As for height, as long as he's taller than me (even by an inch), its all good to me!

• You've described me :) hahaha. How tall are you?

• Lol I'm 5'5"...

• 5'10'' (6'0'' when I'm wearing heals ;) hahaha)

• I tend to think skinny boys are the hottest, although I've seen some larger boys in skinnies that were pretty hot. And I really, really, really like long and wavy/curly-ish hair.

That's just looks though. Nice person + blah body > hot person + blah personality.

• Basically Superman but less bulky. Dark hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. Chiseled jaw with either a cleft chin or dimples. Cheekbones. And yes sorry a six pack and other muscles would be nice.

For the record I like girls too - my ideal girl looks like my avatar :)

• Brown eyes, dark hair and a average body but not too chubby is what I'm looking for and anything taller than 5'3

• Muscular but not to muscular, tan blue or brown eyes are fine, and I like guys with dark kind of shaggy like hair. (Like Justin Bieber...as long as it goes with your face and features. or a natural cut.)

• My boyfriend is 5'7", very lean but defined muscles, athletic, pale skin, red curly hair with blue eyes. And I think he is so gorgeous <3 I'm not particular, I go for personality. A guy can be hot but if he's a jerk I lose all attraction.

• what's very lean but defined? Is it just like a toned body or does he have zero fat on his body?

• i like any guy really. But he has to be confident, smart, likes sports, have some muscles, Nice/sweet is a VERY important trait. I like shy guys the most, but I also like social, funny guys that can make me laugh, but not the troublemakers. I prefer brown hair, brown eyes, but blue is fine also. I also like skater guys, I think they're extremely attractive. Not cocky. It mostlty matters on personality, but being physically cute is a plus(: Hope this helps(:

• I like athletic guys. he doesn't have to have a good body, just like to be active.

Hair, I like it long, it's so sexy.

I love the whole piercings and tattoos thing.

I like the whole trimmed goatee.

He doesn't have to be tall, just not shorter than me.

• If I had to pick a 'type' that I would give a second glance when walking down the street - It'd be Longish (not past the ears) Messy blond hair, blue eyes with a nice smile and average body..

So basically, Alex Pettyfer . haha

• Alex Pettyfer! love him :) I saw him years ago in Stormbreaker and thought to myself "he is going to grow up into a mighty fine guy" lol

• thats guy gody is definitely not average

• I know his body is definately not Average! But he has all the other features so ;)

• I love big buff tall dudes with short brown hair.

• I like tanned guys who are quite tall with I prefer dark hair :)

• Jared Leto is perfect!

• that guy is a sexy beast, when he doesn't have girl hair XD

• My ideal guy:

black/mixed/or latino

6'3

buff (football player body)

short dark hair

dark eyes

nice smile

tattoos

manly

athletic

• Well I usually like guys that have traits of my father,...like blond hair, blue/green eyes,...

every girl likes a different sort. My friend likes this guy that is really ugly in my opinion...Oh and also I really don't have the tendancy to like guys at the first sight, but when I notice that he likes me I start liking him back... I know its weird...

• I like guys with dark (or zero) hair with dark eyes. I like guys with some size, whether it's their frame or they have some extra weight. I would like it if a guy does *something* athletic, because 1) It's mad attractive when he gets sweaty and 2) He has to be able to keep up with me; I'm pretty athletic and real high energy. I'm 5'2", and I like guys who are at least a few inches taller than me. Skin colour doesn't matter. I am attracted to guys in glasses, but I'm pretty open on this point.

I'm kind of involved with one guy, and he's just my type. :D

• well usually I just date whomever asks me out. But the guy I'm married to is about 5'9, 140, very toned and 6 pack, brown eyes and brown hair, pretty pale skin etc. He has a nice straight face which I like. I don't know what else there is to say about his features. But also what matters is if he has a great job he likes and if he has a career/future that means he's hard working and committed to me :)

What Guys Said 2

• wow I'm very dissapointed the these were not the best answered, a lot of them either didn't have an ideal or didn't mention it

• They would probably say athletic