Do most of the guys answering style questions seem extremely conservative to you?

I mean holy moly batman! No one likes piercings, tats, makeup, sneakers, or dyed hair on girls? Really?

From all the answers I keep seeing on this site, it makes it sound like most guys want girls who look like Julie Andrews in the sound of music, ie: a nun!

If you're a guy who likes individualistic chicks with their own sense of style and nonconformist ladies who don't use Good Housekeeping as their style guide, then holla!

Most Helpful Girl

• cause the guys who want the type of girls you want,usually have them and don't come here for advice on why women don't like them-i'll tell them why-cause we want someone who isn't from the middle ages

What Guys Said 21

• I had to rate you five stars just for having an original ?. :)

I definitely find a sassy girl a turn-on. Some "attitude" is actually a good thing. That mean that she's a confident person that is not afraid to express herself or state her opinions. Lately I've had a thing for girls that have their hair dyed pink; either all of it, streaks or tips.

I do know what you mean though. It seems as if most of the dudes on this site want a super-conservative girl with absolutely zero edge...yet if she's a virgin or want to "wait until marriage" it's a deal-breaker? lmao

• Gotta disagree with you on this one, nermal. not being into piercings or tats or hair dye doesn't mean she's a conformist or doesn't have her own sense of style.

Personally I like the "plain" look because my personal beliefs don't agree with anything that exists solely for aesthetic value (decorative things). So yeah, you can call me conservative in this respect.

• I like tattoos as long as they look nice, art is art no matter the canvass. I like some piecing but can't say I like most of the places bedside ear nose and bellybutton, in fact I think a girl show have at least some piercings but I hate gauges. and I can't really say I'm here or there for dyed hair, some girls look terrible with it but I also know some that can really rock pink and green hair. it all depends on if she doing it to rebel for rebellions sake, or if she really likes it, if she does it's all good to me.

• i'm here. I'm cool with piercings and dyed hair, especially dyed hair.

• Yeah, I'm one & I noticed it too. I like Julie Andrews myself, (LOL) But I thought she was hotter in adult roles like S.O.B. & Victor Victoria, and I LOVE a girl with individual style! it's who she is! If you're so old fashioned that you'll rule out anything modern style, you'll narrow the playing field...

• i don't like piercings and tattoos, but I don't mind dyed hair or makeup as long as the makeup doesn't look plastic.

Well, and I don't want the girl to ACT like a nun no way. I like people who like to have fun and bo not so serious, and a bit crazy. I'm very open minded and unconventional XD

• LOL, too right they are. Its the kind of people attracted to a website like this though. Archaic-fashioned people, who are so out-of date they become isolated from social convention and all forms of philanthropy, by their own will. Thus, need an outlet. Its sort of amazing to see people like that.

I dig individualism, hate non-conformity. =]

• really good point!

• You mean you hate conformity.

• No, I hate non-conformity. I like conformity and complete self expression, as two separate things, but not non-conformity.

• The reason you see this is the guys who are cool with what ever don't waste there time in the style section their to busy asking to be a friend you and then asking for pics. Haven't seen any official numbers for this web site but I suspect there is way more female users then male users.

So your sampling of the people is possibly lop sided.

So what if there able to post what they think it dosen't mean you can't do your own thing.

• Clearly I need to post more, because I can't stand men who try and make woman into boring, generic nuns. Julie Andrews in marginally more attractive than Rosie O'Donnell.

• Yes. Guilty as charged.

The GH jibe was a bit harsh but made me laugh.

I care far less about what you do the outside compared to what's inside a bit like Prof Higgins.

• I have no problem with non-sh*tty looking tattoos and piercings on women. Holla.

• I like dyed hair and sneakers. But other than that Who ever said Guys like that? Girls just started doing it and us guys are all. WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON.

Tats are a gang thing. That's just weird. Pirecings think about it. "I'm going to poke holes in myself and then I'll put thin pieces of metal or rocks in the holes. I think it will look pretty."

WTF.

Makeup is fine when it's done sparingly. Many times a guy thinks a girl isn't wearing makeup and she is. It just blends well. And that's the look we like usually

And just to make a point. I think dyed hair is the biggest turn on for me ever. I mean c'mon Rogue is the hottest fake woman ever so find me a girl with the white streak And I'm happy

• :)

now that was terrific...bang in face of those who are maybe trying to hide themselves from their own selves...

• Yeah, I actually find it cute if a chick has tats and dyed hair, Piercings not so much. A little makeup is OK but I don't like the overdone look. And sneakers? Sure why not? Hope that answers your question

• My preference is no piercings (other than ears) or tattoos, its jusy my preference lol.. so down arrow away ! : D

• one main reason being that with age, the holes and tattoos look like sh*t, and I want a girl forever.. not 1 night

• I agree with you.

• I answer questions according to what I like and my preferences. Piercings, make-up and dyed hair are all fine. Sneakers are fine too as long as you can match I with your outifit. Only certain tattoos are OK (such as the lower back). Basically, I answer honestly and straight to the point.

• I like a girl who's her own. I don't mind piercings, tattoos, hair dyes, w/e, but I just want her to do it cause she wants to, not for the sake of looking different or other irrational reasons.

• They're crazy. I think sneakers, dyed hair, small tats, hair dye, and (most) makeup. Though I do legitimately dislike piercings other than on ears(duh).

• piercings- don't like them on me, why should I like them on a girl?

tats- ^

makeup- the way I see makeup: two things. only wear it if you need it and...if you come out looking like a clown, then youve got too much on. there's wearing makeup and then there's WEARING makeup

sneakers- while I do prefer heels on a girl. I do know heels can hurt and aren't the best to run in etc..shoe preferance for me is indifferent. wear what you want, ill probably like you either way

dyed hair- while I prefer red heads myself. I don't mind a girl who dyes her hair. she should be aware though that the more you do it, the more likely your hair will start falling out. as those chemicals can kill your scalp (hair follicles).

thats about as honest as I can get. if you see it as conservative, then too bad. at least its the truth, right?

• "don't like them on me, why should I like them on a girl" dude good luck finding female you.

• who said I wanted a female me. she's gotta have SOME similiar things but not all. I simply don't like piercings and tats. you don't like it, don't comment. peace

• We can have our own style and be mobile head turners without the need for piercings or tattoos, the thing is piercings can cause health problems and many people do not want to imagine having sex with someone who has pierced anything else other than their ears... tattoos have a similar reputation too, and while hair dyes are fine, constant consuming can cause ruin hair or even make hair fall out.

But to answer your question, most of answerers on this site love sex, so they usually go after what's sexy not necessarily what's unique or sophisticated, and when we're thinking sex we think natural and crisp clean :P

• so guys don't find unique sexy? interesting..

• ^here is a challenge for you: get a hideous goth haircut, piece your mouth, nose and cheeks then add neck and head tattoos on the top of all... then get your CV and go to one of those high profile companies or government institutions and see if you'd fit in without getting kicked away from the first moment they lay their eyes on you :)

The moral in such an experience: what you may see as "individuality" to part yourself from others is not necessarily going to be welcomed by a respected society.

• applying "individuality" may also include you wanting to work with others in weird-ar*e garments and ones that reveal your pierced belly button or most of your butt. A respected, hard-working society has a dress code for every occasion. You're 17 anyways, nobody cares now.

• I'm personally a very preppy guy and I like girls the same way as well. But again that's just me. I would never date a girl piercings apart from ears. But tats as longs as it is not to much it okay, but I don't mind make up or dyed hair as long as it fits you.

What Girls Said 11

• Hahaha, that's totally true. I just never thought of it like that before, but now I realize it... spot on. :P

I do think that may just be unique to this website's users, though. Not completely unique to it, but that's the type of people who usually tend to go on here. Also, I've noticed that most of the guys on here are rather unhip (to borrow a phrase from the 40s, LOL) in regards to clothes.

I stopped listening to them a long time ago re: style advice, haha.

• Haha I totally feel what you are saying here. I know a lot of guys who like piercings and tatts, and alternative looking girls. I personally think that if that's your style, good for you! Why do we all have to look like we stepped out of Good Housekeeping! Some piercings aren't even that bad, like I have my nose done, the thing is barely noticeable! So why all the fuss? I don't even consider myself that different because that is all I have. I am a normal 21 year old haha.

But I do think a lot of guys on this site are wayyyy to conservative. It's their opinion, but seriously, I go to college, its damn hard to find a girl without a nose piercing or some other facial piercing(s). They don't seem to have a hard time getting a boyfriend, so I don't know what's up. But I think defining someone based on their piercings, tatts, hair colour, style, w/e, is all stupid anyway. The guy's who won't give you the time of day because of your piercings or whatever aren't worth it anyway.

• Wow. Ball outta the park for me. I have tattoo, piercings,dyed hair and wear sneakers :) I'm pretty sparing with makeup though, I'll admit. Screw it. I hate it when guys say, "I don't know why chicks do it. Guys don't like it." Ahhhhh, who said we do it for them? We do it for OURSELVES.

• Lol omg amen! Thought I was the only one. Guys on here don't seem to like anything that makes a girl stand out EVERYTHING unique seems like a turn off. I'm like f*** it I'm on here for fun I don't take to much of the answers on here seriously I'm just going to be me and see what happens! :)

• I concur with your response...i like a girl with some sass & some style. These dudes that answer these style ?'s are ultra-conservative. I like a girl that stands out. :)

• hahahaha like I'd ever take a straight male's advise on fashion anyways ;-P

• I agree with your point.Everytime I see a question on peircings,tats,makeup etc...all I see is,"No.We don't like that." I keep in mind that this is just a website and to ME it doesn't represent the real world. I love wearing makeup and I haven't had a guy complain yet...why?Because they LIKE when you take care of yourself and look nice.They also like when you're being a true you.So maybe that consists of tats and peircings.So what?I believe that SOME of the guys here just believe that women shouldn't do anything to their bodies,and men can do whatever they want to theirs...because they are men. What kinda crap is that?Anyway,take information you get here with a grain of salt.

• exactly! preach it sista! because I always see girls rockin all sortsa wacky styles and they have boyfriends so...yeah :)

• hahah fantastic question. I think it'guys and also a few girls, I have seen responses that are just kind of shocking. But glad we're all different and non-comformist.

• I like your question.

• Thanks :) I mean I can understand some styles being kinda out there or whatever, but some of the things I see in the answers make me go "huh?" like it's hard for me to even imagine a girl who wears no makeup and always walks around in a floral dress and flats or something! It sounds almost Amish!

• Agreed.

• Lol!

• a lot of guys on here are the type that aren't very social and into trends. if they want the super conservative julie andrews type most likely they are the super conservative boring type of guy