What to do for acne that just won't go away!?

what helped for you? nothing helps and my skin is so bad :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Wash your face with Clean&Clear Continuous Control Cleanser with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide (purple tube) at night. Wait 5 min, and then apply ZapZyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream ONLY on breakouts. This combination will probably irritate your skin at first, that's why I only say once a day.

Daytime: Wash with AcneFree 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide face cleanser. Wait 5 min, and then apply a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide topical cream only to affected areas. Apply non-comedogenic face lotion on dry areas of face. Apply foundation if needed.

- IN GENERAL -

- Keep your hands away from your face. Do not even lean on them in class or pick at your pimples.

- Drink plenty of water and make sure you're getting your daily requirement of fiber and protein.

- Steer clear of foods that contain added sugar, such as desserts, candy, and sugary coffee drinks.

- Exercise regularly.

- Do not stress out about your skin. It will only make it worse. lol.

Maintain this regimen for at least 2 weeks to see results.

What Guys Said 8

• go see your local doctor; if its really bad they may prescribe you to Roaccutane to remove the acne. I have friends who have gone on it and its worked for them

• I had it really bad, I went to the doctor, and they got me sorted out with pills, you know. On prescription. And they're badass, seriously, within two weeks my skin was totally clear. I still get a little acne when I shirk on taking them, I'm not routine by nature so its hard to take them - and they have the most stupid conditions you've ever heard of, the ones I'm on right now. But I don't have any acne at the minute, and I'm soaring.

I have horrible cysts, though, on my chest and under my armpits. I call them mutations, they're repulsive. That's to do with diabetes though, no dermatologist can rid you of those, not without medicine classed as 'extreme' and 'experimental'. Which sounds badass to me, LOL.

• My BFF suffered BAD with that, & the ONLY thing that made it better was Proactive! They're adverstsing a special too where the initial shipment is $20 rather tha $40, no shipping & free bonus products. Hope it gets better for you...

• get your diet together, get laid and wait a few more years

• Those two things are not what is causing it.

• link

or put some Toothpaste on it (Myth) , and try to take some anti-biotic, it will help your skin fight the bacteria causing the acne

• I used to have reallllly bad acne. then I used this stuff link and 4 months later, I was totally clear!

lmk if you have any questions about it!

• ask for pills with: link

i took them 6 months and now (2-3 years after that) my face is still free of that sh*t :)

• see a doctor

What Girls Said 7

• its okay! I've been there! the best thing I can recommend is birth control because it manages all your hormones and worked beautifully for me. use a sugar scrub occasionally and use honey as an anti-inflammatory treatment for 15 minutes then wash off. don't use a tough shower loofa. some friends have said using acne face washes just makes it worse. use oil-free makup remover to get rid if the extra oil on your face. they also have oil removing pads. I like the almay oil-free makeup pads. ask your dermatologist first! good luck!

• check out acne.org, they have a regime you could try and tons of reviews of products and remedies, plus message boards.

things I would suggest trying are cutting out dairy or maybe even wheat. I'm a fan of cheap home remedies like egg masks.

• I'm in the same boat. The only thing that has helped is the stuff from the dermatologist and going vegan (I think I cleared up a bit because I stopped eating milk products... a lot of people have sensitivites and 70% or the world population is allergic). You should also keep hair products and hair off your face, wash your pillow often or sleep on your back, and use products for acne-prone skin. Get a good face wash and an oil-free, oil-absorbing moisturizer. Don't touch your face.

• See a dermatologist...AND just make sure you are eating well.

• go see a dermatologist.

• get a good toner

• Besides the normal stuff that you'll hear about, I think it helps me to wash my hair every day, and I'm leaning towards thinking that it helps me to avoid conditioner. Also, use a different pillow case every night. Along the same line of thinking, I use a different washcloth every time I dry my face after washing it. What else... alieve helps me during ovulation. And I avoid soy cause it causes estrogen like effects in the body. Or something like that. Google it. Be aware that lots of foods/drinks contain soy. Hope these random tips help.

• Good point about a different pillow case every night... I try to do that too.

I also use honey as a mask. Just leave it on for a half hour and rinse it off. If nothing else, it makes your skin feel smooth and healthy.