Does body size play any part in determining your age?

Well I'm 22 and skinny but people still think I'm around 18 or 19. If I was to hit the gym and pump up a little do you think that could make me look older or would it make no difference? I've seen quite a few of my friends add a few years to their looks after hitting the gym but maybe it's just me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Body size does influence peoples perception of your age.

Perhaps the largest factor until you are around 18 is height. After that, it is as you said. Mass. Either in terms of muscles or fat. Which road do you want to pick?

• Muscles definitely. But maybe height definitely plays a huge part. I'm only 5'4'' so I don't want to be too big. Heck, I don't even wanna be big I just wanna be average size with muscles.

• 5ft 4" will make it super easy for you to pack on muscles. Some of us who are 6ft 3" need to strive for gains.

What Girls Said 2

• I think sometimes it does.Sometimes people equate slim fit bodies to younger people and anything else to folks who are older. I'm saying this because when I was younger,everyone thought I was wayyyy older than my age...maybe there were other reasons too.But now I am slimmer and in good shape,and still sometimes get carded for drinks or spray paint...and I'm 27.So just my opinion. :)

• maybe shorter people are considered younger

• yeah I'm a short guy too. maybe I should have mentioned that. so yeah, I'm short and skinny.

What Guys Said 2

• It's generally your face. Some people have a baby face like me. I look young and I can't grow any facial hair. That's another strategy: grow some facial hair.

• Well kids do certainly look smaller, though this may not be the case.