What are cool dog names?

I'm getting a Lab puppy (female) this summer and am trying to find names that aren't the usual. I was think Stormy but then figured that might confuse the dog because a lot of commands start with S...any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• watch the movie "the jerk" with steve martin and see what he names his dog. starts with an s too.

What Guys Said 5

• I call my dog "woofs" and he seems to like it. Either that or he hates it, but since he can't speak English he is stuck with that name.

• Think of something that you like or even a person that may have passed that you like.

I "LOVE" Mexican food so I named my dog Enchilada, I even gave her a middle name, Suiza,

Hence her name Enchilada Suiza. I only use her middle name when she is bad, like our parents do if were in trouble. Yes she knows it too when I use her middle name. She heads right for her bed & in a hurry too.

• gaddaffi or in short gaddi :P

• Lira

(girl)

or

Chubbles

(boy)

• Evangelina.

What Girls Said 9

• Haha. This reminded me, I always wanted a dog named Karma.

Mostly because I liked the idea of saying "Bad, Karma!" when she was misbehaving but then I actually started to like the name.

• How sweet. Try not to end your dog's name in a "y". Think how many dogs names end in y. Call her something different. Have you picked her out from the litter yet and is she a pedigree lab? If so have a look at her pedigree name and see if you can work something out from that.

• No I'm going to get her this summer from my uncle's friend, he raises labs and always gets new lab puppies:)

• Adorable! I remember when my great lumbering hound was just a tiny little pup. Seems such a long time ago now.

• Ginger... only if she's a yellow lab though.

Abby

Dottie

Kip... I don't know why, just sounds cute for a dog.

Mazie

Dixie

Haha, I could go on. I love coming up with names!

Of course, it's always a good idea to wait until you meet her, and base a name off her personality too :)

Have fun!

• Calliope (it's the music you hear the merry go round play, pronounce the E at the end)

• My sister just got a pet duck and we named her Wednesday, like the girl from the Adams Family. Or I also like the name October. I think they are both beautiful names but that's just me.

• Dr. Zhivago

• My aunt has a labrador/golden retriever. Her name's Lily and she's beautiful! lol

• I called my lab Cara.. it means ''friend'' in irish :)

• Uhh...Donatella, Ivory, Jet, Lilac, Miracle, Eden, Gia, Moxie, Juniper, Dakota, Dixie, Abella, Bailey, Bambi, Cheyenne, Carolina, Darla, Emma, Fiona...

Hope I helped! (: