Best way to dye hair if it's short?

I have natural blond hair but I'd prefer it to be brown, but my hair is short as you can see, so what's the best way of dying it if I have to keep dying it?

Most Helpful Girl

• dont die it mark! it looks good and it might turn out looking gay and unnatural haha

• Hahahaha I'm still thinking of it but I wanna know if I can do it good, but thankss! :D

What Girls Said 12

• Go to the store and buy some men's hair dye. Get it in a dark blond or a light brown because it's gonna show up dark and you don't wanna look like a goth. Put vaseline or lotion around your hairline and ears to prevent staining. Put on the gloves, then follow the directions.

• Seconding the "don't go too dark" comment. If you try to dye your hair really dark or even medium brown, it'll clash with your eyebrows and won't look natural at all. If I were you, I'd look for a box of dye that's approximately the same color as your eyebrows - they're usually a shade or two darker than your hair, which may be enough to get you out of blond.

• go to shoppers and buy a box of hair dye and follow the instructions. lol, if its just brown your after, you can get that in a box there's no need to blow money at a salon. I wouldn't go to dark tho, your natural colour is cute.

• Thanks, but a lot of people say blond is feminine etc. and like all girls like brown, so brown it is :P

• well, I don't know who 'lots of people' are. but that's not true, honestly natural is better (in my opinion.) and dying your hair isn't going to make any worth while girl like you more :P hair colour isn't exactly a big deal breaker, expecially blond hair. so if your just dying your hair to pick up ,theres better things to invest your time in :P

• Hahaha well thanks, but I'm still thinking on it :)

• Hey, I dye my hair ALL the time, Red, Blue, Pink, Black, Purple...

Permenant dye does what it says on the box as is really hard to correct if it goes to dark, you'd have to then bleach it which can really damage you're hair foliculls.

If I were you I'd buy a "wash in wash out" dye, anything semi permenant, then if you don't like it you can just wash you're hair a few times and it will wash out.

You can also add some semi permenant dyes to you're shampoo so it adds colour every time you wash :)

• Well if I use permenant dye, it doesn't really matter, because I get my head shaved, so it'll just go anyway, get me!?

• don't do it!

but if you're GOING to, just get the dye, and follow the instructions on the box. BUT. don't used the amount of dye they say to use. use like, half of it. and then save the rest for next time. but when using a dark color on short hair make sure you're VERY careful to stay in the hairline. because dye stains the skin for a while and if you have short hair, it will be even MORE noticeable. so. be careful sir.

• WHY ARE YOU DYING IT?!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO... Just buy a box at the store and be sure to put Vasoline or lotion around the edge of your hair and follow the directions.

Be Careful not to go too dark though! Try to go no more than the color of your eyebrows when choosing the color.

You do realize you will have to do it often, right? GOOD LUCK! :D

• Just buy some hair dye and then your good if you follow instructions. Alotta girls like blond boys tho.. so keep that in mind :D

• I feel bad for the black guys with black hair. I guess they won't be getting any girls with that hair color.

• go to a salon.

• Is it worth it for short hair? it'd cost a bomb doing it every 2-3 weeks.

• i do it, although I have longer hair and I'm a girl, but if you get permanent dye you only have to go in like once every 6 weeks

• You look cute! But if you must dye it, don't let your roots get bad! keep a regular schedule like once a month to dye it...

• get one of those kits with a comb

• have you heard of a hair salon? well they dye and style hair and much more :D

• DON'T DYE IT ! it looks great the way it is.

What Guys Said 1