Do guys not like girls that dress nice?

Okay, so I'm not high matience at all. But, I do care about what I look like. I do wear nice clothes and make sure my hair & make up look decent. But it's not like I am always in front of the mirror or wear designer clothes. Do guys not like girls who care about what they look like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate it when girls dress up in coach and Armani every day, and flaunt their super high end make up. I think its really conceited,

but at the same time-and I think this goes for most guys- I like it when a girl takes the time to make herself at presentable. doesn't matter if that "cute t-shirt & jeans" or something a little more dressy- or for that matter, formal.

another thing is if you ever watch fashion week, or the hot-shot models, they have absurd amounts of makeup on. guys in real life know nobody looks like that. so a little makeup can be used to make a statement of confidence(but then again, no makeup can also make that same statement of confidence) or attractiveness, just about every guy you ask will tell you- with makeup, less is more. the other thing about it, if the guy really likes you, he will see you as beautiful, why cover your face from him?

so to answer your question in short, yes, guys like girls who care about how they dress, or how they wear there hair, or do their makeup, but don't obsess over it. don't care about it too much

What Guys Said 8

• Context is important here. Some places/situations require dressing up, and others don't.

It's fine to be a notch or two better dressed, but probably NOT okay to be 5+ notches better dressed all the time.

It sounds like you are decently balanced, so don't worry about it. You're fine.

• I LOVE 'EM! That' sthe main reason why I notice a girl's outfit & hairstyle, because I know how much girls try at lookng ice & I like to pay them comliments. As far as dressing up some, I like that too. My on/off girlfriend's a little older, but she teaches & usually wears like a blouse tucked into slacks or a skirt, or sometimes a dress. She also has a couple of twin sets where the shell is silky looking & the button down top shirt is shear, & she'll leave it open & tuck in the shell. I think she'd also look awesome with a blouse or top belted or a baby-doll top, but she's convinced she's not built for it. Anyway, I like all styles, Most young adult girl in my area prefer jeans with hoodies or other tees or tops & I lov that too, but there's something really pretty, feminine & classy about girls that dress up & that's MEGA HOT! I think it's highly cool that you care about your appearance...

• Sarcastic answer>of course we do, how could we be the superficial, selfish, pig people every boy wants to be without liking girls who obsesses over their looks. just remember, if your not perfect, no man will ever love you.

Real answer> of course we do. Wile not every guy is a superficial pig, few like seeing a girl who is wearing a baggy sweater with hot dog stains and jogging pants with dirty shoes. If you look good then we feel better because you at least like yourself enough to take care of your looks.

• Yes, guys care. There is something to be said for a girl or a guy for that matter that takes care of themself.

• I love that look!

• Of course we like girls that dress nice. We're just not as vocal about it but we notice when a girl makes the effort to do so.

• in my very honest opinion, I would love a grl to take care of herself, bt wid no makeup. Makes her look self concious bout herself.

• I sure as hell do -- I think the way a woman presents herself says A LOT about her.

What Girls Said 2

• who told you they didn't like it

• guys actually prefer girls like this since they usually look better. seriously, when I was in school all the girls that guys liked and talked about all the time were the ones who dressed nice, did their hair and makeup. maybe they are just too scared to talk to you so you end up thinking they don't like you because they don't talk to you.