What do you think of a guy who is decent looking but is considered anti-social/shy?

It's strange to me. I recently thought of it from a user who answered a question and it was like he was describing me. Girls who liked him weren't sure with what to do with him due to the qualities of good looking and being shy not going together. In my experience, girls tend to talk more to guys who are good looking/out going, okay or bad looking/out going, okay looking/shy. I typically act like a stone wall if I'm alone(I swear I don't know what else to do besides just standing there). I found out that 3 girls likes me, but they also act like a stone wall when I try to talk to them. Then I hear from their friends that I'm shy and I don't talk when they're the ones also doing that to me lol. Ah, I don't know. What do you think?

I What would you do with a guy that you like that is considered anti-social?(girls) Will you just give up on them after realizing they won't change or something(even though you never said hi or anything).
Thanks guys. It seems that the girl I like stopped liking me because she was under the impression that I liked no one LOL. I can now remember all those times where I could have said hi or opened up. She still is slightly attracted to me so I'll give all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being in a shell is part of growing up. You might need your friends to break you out of your shell, but you can do it yourself. I was in a shell until I was 16 when I broke out people noticed and liked it. I would say that I'm not shy, but I am probaly still anti-social or a loner type guy.There's really nothing wrong being this type its actually can be better people can assume you as more dark and mysterious guy women like that its a challenge for them to try to solve. Maybe when you talk to girls your not saying the right things to get them interested in you.

Go up to one of them and say hey its that simple not fancy pickup lines or anything like that. Just keep it simple small talk like what are your college plans, what are your career plans ect.

Talk about weather and talk about yourself and tell her what's going on in your life. Keep it simple do not talk about politics and past relationships. When you talk stand up straight look her in the eyes do not look away first if you do it shows weakness that you may not be a fit to her. One of my favorite things to interest a woman is say what's the best thing that happen to you in last few months and she would elaborate and she shoots it back to you for say. I would say oh I got a new tv. Don't put woman up on pedestal and tell them how great they are trust me they know they a beautiful they already. I could go on forever, but they don't give me enough space to write. If you need more help on this just message me privately.

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest, I would be intrigued but probably wouldn't act on it. It might seem like girls tend to talk to guys who are better looking, but that's because they're pursuing us! If you like a girl, it's nice to show interest in her or else you'll come off the wrong way. Shy guys are nice, but a girl doesn't like to do all of the work herself. I would suggest being a little more open, try a little more flirting, those girls will probably open up in response. A little self confidence projected can do wonders!

• I think it's adorable. As long as you were upfront about being shy, I'd stick around and eventually hope you became more comfortable...but if you weren't upfront, I'd probably get the impression that you just weren't interested.

• I don't think it's wrong for someone to be in a shell, whenever I meet someone new, I always have to take time to get out of my shell. It's just part of life ;)

What Guys Said 4

• "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into "

"Antisocial personality disorder is sometimes referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy."

Are you sure you are anti-social or just introverted?

• *Is anti-social... And pretty damn ugly*

• Take some drugs/////////// Can cure your shyness/

• same problem man. I'm just naturally shy.

i've found you just have to try and talk. if you can't talk face to face try over the internet until you get used to them. it helped me.