Why do girls get their nails done?

I see tons of girls spending all their money on getting their nails done when guys don't really care that much about nails. Why do they spend all that money.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Getting nails done, or hair done, or any similar treatments isn't really to impress guys. If we're looking to impress anybody, it's our girlfriends, since they'll be the ones to actually notice. More predominantly however, as a few others here have said, it's just a nice feeling to be attended to for a few minutes and to come out knowing that you look good. Personally, I'd totally go out and get my hair and nails done on a weekly basis if I had tons of expendable cash just for that latter reason.

What Girls Said 19

• 9d

we don't do it for guys. I like to get pampered and I enjoy trying out new styles on my nails. the main people who notice are other girls. but I've had men tell me they like it too, to them I guess its a sign that a woman takes care of herself and likes to be really feminine. but no one picks out a gel solar set and does it thinking its gonna bring all the boys to the yard...

• Why do girls wear make up?

• I just do it because it's like treating yourself to something. I find it cheers me up and makes me look well kept or prettier.

• well guys should get thier nails did once in a while too! Some looks, some hygiene, some because it feels good.

• Makes them feel good and clean.But that's me at least.

• I never go get mine done unless mom really wants me to go with her an she's paying ;) its way too expensive, a mani is like $20 when I could buy two full polishes for that price and do my own nails for free. I love painting my nails an always do it myself

• why is the pope catholic

• it makes me feel pretty like "nails done hair done everything did" since I dnt like my nails and they can paint it pretty colors. its relaxing for girls like shopping.

• I do it every once in a while cause it makes me feel pretty and girly.

• they think its cute. everybody has their own style . some girls think its super cute and others nehh . I don't get them done but when I see other people with them I think there cute. and its not for the guys its for them :).

• Because we tend to think at about a million thoughts per second. Having someone else take care of us helps us relax and think about nothing. For me personally it is also a bonding thing. Me and the girls will go get pedicures every 8 months or so. It has nothing to do with aesthetics. And a lot to do with finals being over.

• A million thoughts per second? About what? There aren't even a million things in the world to think about. You can't think about anything if there is nothing to think about - hence why guys can actually walk or sit around without actually thinking about anything.

• I?m not allowed to use the literary device of hyperbole? As for about what: boys, school, parents, pets, goals, our arch rival, homework, what we want for diner, what digital logic circut we want to build on our bread board next,how our book ends, that show we wanted to watch, and all the reasons we can't watch it. One thought leads to another its just hard to shut down.

• I think I got too good at shutting it down as I can basically just sit down and not think about anything.Usually the only way is through an external information source (someone brings something up.)

• i love my real nails, mabey they dont?

• I use to get acrylic nails, but I stopped because they're too expensive and I just don't like them anymore. I like painting my nails or buffing them to make them look really shiny when I don't have nail color on them. I keep them real short now

• It feels good to be pampered, and it's nice to look good for your man, even if he doesn't care. I'm sure he still appreciates it a little bit, and if he doesn't, it's still good to look nice.

• pedis and manis are fun and they feel goodi mean, I spend 40 for a mani and 70 for a pedi. expensive, but it makes me feel good

• dude, its not for guys. it for themselves, and for the other girls. we just wanna show off. or I do:) ha ha I can't help it. I'm sure other girls feel that way. its like clothes. we buy cute clothes for girls to see, not guys.

• everything we do is not for the purpose of impressing guys. it makes us feel good to get pampered and have our nails look pretty. it pleases us, that's why. I don't have the money to get my nails professionally done anymore but I still do them at home it looks cute to me.

• eh...I hate manicures, if my firens and I want our nails done we do eachothers, We usually have a girls night in and just have fun doing pedicures and manicures and trying different face masks and stuff. There is no way on Earth I would spend $$ on nails...

• not everything girls do is for guys dummy.

• thanks for calling me dummy :(

• Show Older
    • if girls saved the money they spent on stupid manicures, they might be able to pay for a date every once in a while.

• Oh well, I don't know about all girls but most that I know CAN pay for a date, we just don't want to haha.

What Guys Said 3

• Because they're not doing it for guys. They are using it either as a means of self-expression, or because their mom told them nails are important for being feminine (yeah I hate them for doing that as it's the stupidest thing they can do, yay for corrupting the mindset of the youth, congratulations...), or to increase their own confidence and self-esteem.Same goes for makeup. Self-expression, feminine identity, or confidence boost.

• or because SOCIETY tells them that's what's important. Guys, peers, moms (maybe), media... lots of different factors included.

• Show Older
    • I had a question like this about high heels and got many similar answers about women doing it for themselves!

• "Because they like high heels", huh?Yeah. That's a generic response, and also acceptable, in my opinion.

• Why do (mostly guys) work towards a gamerscore on the Xbox360 knowing full well that no one who it matters to will ever actually look at their gamerscore anyway?It lets them feel good about themselves, and improves their self confidence. Vanity is a sin everyone is guilty of, and the need to appease it will always be there. Don't think certain things like plastering makeup all over themselves or indeed, painting their nails and toenails is a waste of time, because it does help them, even if you don't realize it.In a world this depressing, I'd paint my nails simply to feel a little better about myself, too.

• Enchantment.

• tisk, videogames help you build a skill, plus, you don't have to pay 20 dollars each time you turn the play station on, pedis and manis on the other hand, don't do anything but cost money, don't add any skill, etc etc.

• You didn't read what I wrote