Oily skin, how can I treat it?

A few hours after I wash my face, it feels as if my face is just all oily. I always wash my face after I get up in the morning and before I go to bed.

In the morning I use Clearasil Daily Face Wash for sensitive skin that's fragrance free foam. I use Neutrogena pore refining toner afterward with finishing up with Suave Firming moisturizer which firms and tones the skin. At night time I wash my face, use the face wash, put Epiduo on, and than put the moisturizer on. I usually exfoliate my face 2-3 times a week.

I have suffered with acne and oily skin since I was born so this is nothing new but it's just really annoying since a lot of people always comment that my skin in general feels like playdough...

Any suggestions please?

Most Helpful Girl

• since you have oily skin, using too many products that take moisture away will cause your skin to dry and and then produce even more oil to try to make up for the moisture lost. so, I would say try something more mild on your skin. especially in the morning, I don't think its that necessary to strip your skin of allll of the natural oils. I know that foaming face washes usually tend to be the most stripping... have you ever tried spectro jel or cetaphil? those are both non foaming and pretty effective, I think. I have t-zone skin and my forehead tends to be the oiliest and I found that my skin responds well to products like those. the oiliness may be a natural thing too that you will just have to deal with so carrying some blotting pads would probably come in handy. hope that helped a bit.

What Guys Said 3

• well I have perfect skin I have always been told that so I can't help you but I was under the impression that oil was good for the skin skin is dead oil protects it the living skin will receive oxygen from your blood stream

• maybe of you didn't let so mant guys bust nuts in your face you'd be fine lmfao

• Add me as your friend, I have some suggestions for you!

What Girls Said 3

• milk of magnesia helps with oily skin

• i use green tea astringent I don't know if you have it where you live or rose hazel astringent I think it's called.

• I would recommend the clean and clear system. They have a pack that includes face wash, really good and light moisturizer, and a gel. I use this and their blackhead face mask once a week it really helped my skin. To help control the oil even more I would recommend a mattifying moisturizer to use during the day, use the clean and clear one at night. Also, they have oil absorbing sheets which are so great. They remove oil and shine but leave your make up on.