Would a girl think its weird that I just bought an assault rifle?

Im in the military and I manage my money really well and I was able to basically use the interest I get off of a CD to cover the payments on a loan I got to buy an AR-15. Yes, its pretty much free. Anyways, question is will girls think its weird that I now own an assault rifle? I'm not like a paranoid redneck or anything. Its just an awesome gun <3

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird for me. Pretty d*mn hot actually. I value our right to bear arms. I like when a man knows how to defend himself/family. (and country--thanks for your service!)

What Girls Said 9

• I'm impressed... the boyfriend never thought about doing that...

To answer your question, it depends ont he girl. The boyfriend one day said I got a LR22 and three days later he showed up with a receipt saying he also got an AR-15. *shrugs*

I didn't care. He even took me out to the shooting range and I only did the AR-15 twice because I like the LR 22 better. Mind you, I never shot anything before him.

So yeah, depends on the girl...some will freak and others won't care and others will join you.

• I grew up in the country, surrounded by flea, disease infested rats --- so that being said, my family and all of my neighbors owned either shotguns or handguns to kill the flea/disease infested rats who frequently traversed our dwellings. That said, my ancestory knows much about pulling triggers. . . .

• haha, nice! I was gonna buy a Saiga 12 gauge with a 20 round drum but they sold it like the day before I got there!

• wait, so you shot 12 gauge's inside your house?

• My daddy likes big guns. Though I didn't fire the thing til later in life as it was too big for me. I never shot a person, though, just rotted watermelons and rats.

• Nopeee!

i live in the country, and I have some sooo

i thinkkk its coool:)

kindaa sexy;)

• it's not good or bad, it services a purpose

• Well its cool as long as I got a chance to shoot it ;)

• nah your good at least this girl don't think so, I happen to think men in the military are quite sexy especially when the hold guns ha ha I don't know maybe its cus I grew up around guns. its really w.e if you ask me

• Depends on the girl. I don't mind guns, just don't shoot anything cute and fluffy.

• I grew up country so I'm used to guns. I don't think it's weird at all.

• yeah...i'd run away from you.

What Guys Said 10

• No comment on the girl part, but if you think that is "managing your money really well" I'd be a little worried.

The highest percents I've seen recently for CDs are pretty terrible. Under 3% for a 5-year is about the best I've seen. Keep in mind the average inflation rate for the US is a little over 3% per year. So your account goes higher, but you can buy less with it every year.

More importantly, if you got a loan (not being given money from your parents, but a real loan) your interest rate on the loan is higher than that of the CD. So it really makes no sense to give the bank money at 3%.

• I have some CDs at about 7% and some nice Mutuals at higher. And that's part of managing money... being able to set aside that needed for necessities, and then being to have some aside for random desires and wants. But I would have to agree though.. if it comes to a loan... its not really great money management. Otherwise you'd have the will power to say no until you could just pay it straight up with cash and no loan.

• The loan was through Navy Federal. They charge almost no interest.

• And as for saving and buying it straight up... I have enough that I could've bought 10 of them in cash, but I have virtually no credit history because I've always made major purchases with cash and I just got my first credit card.

• an AR 15? Didn't you look at

-the French Famas : link or at

-the Austrian Steyer Aug? : link or

-the Belgian FN 2000: link

They have looks!

-If I wanted something very strong and cheap I'd think about an AK47 link or

- the AK 74 link (they 've won a number of wars and are made in many countries)

• "they have looks"... All I can say is just go back to playing call of duty. My AR is fully customized and puts all of those to shame. And as for the AK-47, No thanks. Check out the balistics comparison between 5.56 and 7.62x39R. Sure the 7.62 will penetrate like a mother f***er... But the 5.56 creates a temporary wound cavity bigger than the entire block of ballistics gel. (on a side note... I shot a rabbit with it last night and it was inedible because it exploded).

• Yeah, once in a while if you hit in the eye: congrats, you're a marksman.

• First off, no eye shots necessary... Second I am lol, I was shooting bottles from 150+ yards yesterday

• If you like it, and some girl doesn't, tell her to eff off if it's that big of a deal to her. Don't be afraid to exercise your right to bear arms! Guns are probably one of the most enjoying hobbies you can have, and the skills you learn with them could save yours or someone else's life one day. Thank you for you service!

• And thank you for paying taxes! I love my job so its always weird getting thanked for it. lol

• Yeah, and you should stop calling it an assualt rifle, that just makes it sound bad, in reality it is not bad at all, it is just a tool.

• I love my tool. LOL

• I don't think girls know what an assault rifle is. They probably think its a rifle used to assault people. So just referred to it as a rifle or a really big gun, lol.

But from my experience, girls love shooting guns so I don't think they will find it weird that you own one.

• cool! I kinda want one. I do more distance shooting though, anyway, that depends on the girl, hopefully you can take your girl down to the range with you and have a bit of fun that way

• I like guns, they're cool, and I'm sure there are plenty of women who like em too. Still... I hope your mental health is satisfactory and remains that way for as long as you have that thing.

• Of course it is. I'm not nuts lol

• lol! the mental health concerns. I mean, you're right, but still. @Tyler, I don't think guns as a hobby are that common in LA, so I'm not familiar with this whole "weapons as recreation" concept. That aside, ditto cj^^

• My AR-15 isn't even legal in the state of California. Nevada has amazing gun laws though. If I want to go out into the desert and do a drive by on a target because I'm lazy, I can legally do that.

• AR-15s are bad ass I have a couple of them 223 version but I was wanting to get a 308. I also want an ak-47 yes I know they suck at accuracy but it would be a fun gun to shoot.

• Good to see young people choosing to go out and do real stuffs rather than sit in the basement playing video game. Just curious, though, why an AR 15? Don't you have a government issued M-16 already?

• No, the navy doesn't give everyone guns and they're kinda anal about them. We have to check them out with multiple witnesses and account for ammo while marines sleep with their guns. Its not fair!

• Nah, I don't mean to nitpick, but an AR15 isn't an Assault Rifle.

• Send me a free assault rifle?