I always smell bad, what can I do?

At school I sometimes overhear people complaining about my smell and I don't know what to do about it. At home in my regular clothes I smell fine.When I leave for school I smell clean. I alway smell really bad at school and I get really hot and sweaty and I always smell like the school bus after I get off of it. Everyone always smells so nice all day ,What's their secret? I shower everyday before school, I don't know what to do...

Just to make things clear: I do takes showers a lot (I have a touch of OCD) ,and wear deodorant. I just have hyperhidrosis . I just don't know what to do about it but, I really do apprecite all of your suggestions so far.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly... I make a huge effort to making myself smell good. I'll admit that I don't have the same problem like you do. But I like having my scent lingering on places after I leave. It's a very sexy feeling knowing a guy recognizes your scent and gets addicted to it.

I invest in expensive shampoo and conditioner that smells really good (it's not just the scent, I have sensitive hair as well). After I take a shower, I put lotion all over my body. Making sure that there's a little extra around my chest and neck area. And after that, let it air dry a little bit before putting on my clothes (yes, you'll have to stay naked for a little bit). The smell of the lotion shouldn't be very strong. It should just b a very very subtle smell and can only be detected if you put your nose on your skin. And after that, blowdry my hair and then spray perfume behind my years and a little on my hair. The hair actually traps the scent more than your skin. But don't overspray. Now.. I have pretty expensive products... My perfumes costs over $50. But it has lasted for 4 years. You don't have to make that type of investment but the quality helps. Personally.. I don't like deodorant and I don't need it unless I'm working out. But you can use it if you think it's necessary.

I know my routine is pretty insane and crazy... But that's my little secret. This doesn't have to work for you. But I hope you are able to figure something out. Best of luck.

• Thanks, I tried something simular to this and it worked, everyone tells me I smell nice :)

• thanks for the best answer :) I'm so glad to hear that it's working out for you.

• girly scents and smells drive me nuts lol anyway nice answer

What Guys Said 8

• Hey I have no idea if this is the dumbest idea I have come up with yet but how about talcum powder?

That stuff is kinda sweat resistant. Might absorbe it so it doesn't get onto your clothes. That way your skin might not smell the best but you clothes will be fine and you won't smell to other people since you're covered.

• Just keep reapplying the deodorant throughout the day.

Perhaps you should see a doctor about your hyperhidrosis.

• Do you heavily spiced foods? When you sweat your body dispersers the excess things through the skin. Not to disrespect and race, but they use curry powder in everything they cook, and they stink

• WEAR UNSCENTED ANTI-PERSPIRANT DEODORANT.

• I already do, but it won't stop the sweating.

• Shave your arm pits regularly so that the deodorant would stick to the skin. Ask your doctor for hyperhidrosis treatment.

• always spray some perfume and use deodorant.

• There are people who are super clean who does laundry all their clothes everyday. They can smell stuff you can't if you do laundry every few days.

• i used to sweat a lot and smell bad at school, then I would worry about it and it would make me sweat more so it would get more anxious so I would go to the bathroom to cut myself to calm down, then I would worry about people thinking I was weird cause I always was in the bathroom so much and it would just get worse and worse. if you have bad anxiety(you might not know it), try getting help, try not worrying about things and being nervous or anxious. don't wear clothes that irritate your skin, possibly change your soap/ deodorant. Also, smoking weed helped me control my anxiety.

im not encouraging anyone to cut themselves or use drugs.im simply saying what I did.

• What you eat can affect how you smell .

What Girls Said 14

• - Shave if you dont. Hair holds odor. During adolescence it's natural to sweat more.Since it bothers you I would start. I was forced to shave in the seventh grade because I had a really bad sweating problem and horrible embarrassing odor.

- I started using " Certain dry antiperspirant " it is an overnight deodorant used daily that shrinks the pores in your armpits. It takes about 7 days of use and you will be odor free under your arms!

- As for a vaginal odor. I began shaving or trimming there. Carrying baby wipes works too. Wipe the area and then use toilet tissue to dry it.

- DRINK A BOAT LOAD OF WATER TOO. This gives that area a very delicate smell.

- I washed my feet real well and patted them with talcum powder or baby powder.

- I would also recommended showering for at least 15 minutes 3 times a week. This insures all the icky smell is off.

- Perfume is to be used LIGHTLY you don't want it to mix with bad odor. Two sprays for the shirt and one for the wrist is good enough.

- Secret pear scent is the best deodorant brand is best for me.

Good luck!

• Also When you first start to sweat don't cross your legs tightly or press them together. Be sure not to press your arms against your body tightly either. I know it's a natural response from fear you stink but in doing so you will sweat worse.. Cool off by hanging your arms loosly and ( not in a skirt ) spread your legs so the sweat dries up.

• what you should do is take a shawor everynight before going to bed and lotion your body with scented lotion ; make sure your hair is always clean .. in the moning you should also shawor but pay close attention ; washh more carefuly on parts you smell like your under arms .. I recomend useing antiperspirant deodorant (3X cooler &&much more fresher)- you can buy this at CVS ..; aplay perfume on each side of your neck; your chest and a little bit of perfume on your clothing also your jacket

always keep the same perfume and lotion you put on that day in your bag or locker - so when you feel like your starting to smell - which I doubt fter you try this ^..the reason you sweat so much is becus your thinking abut not sweating and when you think abut it the truth is you will star to sweat even more \

TRUST ME !.when you get off the chool buss spray some perfume

try my dvice and tell me how it works out ; good luk

• Well, unfortunately I'm allergic to scented lotions.

• really - there is a lotion I will get you the name tomorrow

it keeps your skin healthy an fresh and is not scented :)

• You could always carry around some extra deodorant with you in your backpack.

Or do you use body spray? Can't go wrong with a nice, light fruity-scented body spray.

• Try non-overbearing perfume or body mist. Lotion as well, (body butter seems to be a favorite of my fiance and mom alike) since I am guessing your skin is so dried out after over showering. SHAVE I notice that even when I am clean if my armpits are not fully shaved I will still smell. Shaving is very important for the genital region too if, that happens to be the problem. If worst comes to worst and all else fails, see a doctor. Sometimes, you could have an actual medical problem (such as a yeast infection) That makes you smell.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you :)

• Go to the Bathroom often when your at school, and spray yourself with some perfum but don't like shower in it.

And I always brush my teeth at school for some reason it just makes me happy and that I know I can get close to someone without stinky breeth.

And WEAR deoderant .

• I would go to a dermatologist or a doctor that is specialized with knowledge with hyperhidrosis. talk to them and see what they can suggest.

• You could try drinking more water.More water= more sweat usually, but it will be diluted, so less chances of it smelling.Also, some foods can give a specific scent,like spices do.

If not that,BO is also a sign of a high toxicity level in your organism or a hormonal problem.You should probably check what you eat before taking pills though.

• go to a dermatologist and they can help with it

• Use extra dryer sheets? Carry scented baby wipes with you. scented body lotion. Good Luck

• take a shower lol or go ask a doctor

• You can keep a mini bottle of body spray or mini bottle of hand lotion or something with you or in your locker and then when you get breaks maybe just put a little on.

• -believe it or not sometimes its the foods we eat, if you eat a lot of pungent foods like spices and onions and garlic things with a certain odor to them, red meats also and pork/bacon, seafood the nutrients are absorbed in your blood stream and when you sweat naturally throughout the day, it excretes some of that odor...so change your diet up a little, eat a lot of fruits and veggies, they make you smell sweet and keep you healthy!

-drink A LOT of water, this will dissolve any toxins or odor producing things and clean out your system...squeeze some lemon or grapefruit into a glass of water and drink it like a colon cleanse, the acidity will kill off bacteria inside your system and clean out your digestive system

-use some good body wash in the shower, get a nice quality sponge or loofah and some good body wash, I prefer bath and body works and the body shop stuff, they foam up really good and just wash yourself thoroughly. Buy a good scrub also, and at least once a week exfoliate your body to scrape off any dead skin so your skin breathes better and no odor is trapped

-follow up with matching body spray scents and lotions and moisturize your body

-wash your hair every other day with good shampoo

-trim hair...hair traps odor, shave or wax underarms and pubic area, you will feel cleaner and fresher and no odor will be trapped

-try a solid perfume or oil based parfum..theyre stronger in scent, rub a little behind ear lobes, neck, wrists and you'll be smelling nice all day, you can even spray some perfume in your hair its a classic trick women do to have their hair smell nice

-hair on your head easily traps the most smell! may be wear a hat when you get on the school bus then take it off when you get to school? I knew a girl who dated a guy who smoked and her hair would smell like cigarettes also even though she didn't smoke...

-for deodarant my favorite by far is the secret clinical strength one, smells amazing and I don't sweat much at all anymore throughout the day, there's a lot of clinical or medicated deodarants out there now

best of luck!

• You know what's weird I've tried secret clinical strenghth and I sweated twice as much lol

• i got it free as a sample. It made me sweat horribly too.

• There is a anti-perspirant deoderent called Driclor, I'm not sure if they sell it where ever you live.But it's around $20,it's not just any anti perspirant,I'm guessing that is why it's more expensive.

It does work and it is a roll on,you put it on at night before going to bed and it is a strong anti-perspirant for treating excessive perspiration.

Maybe search it on google, so you can see what it is!

• Bring body spray with you to school, when you get off the bus, quickly go to the bathroom, first put body spray (inside your clothes -> directly on yur body), secondly put your clothes back on and spray perfume. ALWAYS WWEAR DEODORANT TOO!