Bare escentuals, mineral make up...is it a YAY or NAY ?

I recently saw a commercial on the bare minerals foundation and how it works wonders.

I personally have never used it, any tips? Is it good and light like the commercial says? Too over prices for the product?

Most Helpful Girl

• Def. Yay! It's my favorite of all the mineral make-ups I've tried. I was also skeptical at first. Even though it seems expensive, trust me, it lasts a LONG time. You'll want to get the mineral veil to keep you from getting shiny, & you can either buy their blush or use a cheaper reg. blush...I also recommend "warmth" for shading/conturing/bronzing depending on your skin tone...you can get small containers & samples from eBay really cheap...you can also mix two colors to make it the shade you want if you end up needing one in between the two you get...I love it! You can make it have as little or as much coverage as you like.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I've been using Bare Escentuals since middle school, and I'm a junior in high school now. It doesn't offer the fullest coverage, I have to admit, but that's because it's very natural looking- and doesn't even feel like you have anything on- like if you wiped your hand on your face, it would feel like you haven't applied anything to your face ( and no residue on your hands). If you want fuller coverage, you can always buy the "full coverage kabuki brush" or something like that, or just keep applying more, but another reason I like it is because it still lets me look like me- it may not hide ALL my acne marks but its so natural- and good for your skin- no chemicals and crap. Tips and warnings- If you don't use the mineral veil or a face primer ect (which I don't) some of the Bare Escentuals product does absorb into your skin later into the day. Also, for best application, make sure skin is moisterized- when skin is dry, it looks cakey and obvious. So exfoliating occasionally and moisterizing always help :)

Wow, sorry this was long! If you have any more questions about it feel free to ask- been using it for a while lol. :)

• I'm not a fan of the product personally. I've seen people who wear it and they LOOK like they are wearing a veil of makeup.Its most likely because of incorrect application...but still. I've even tried it and I hated the way it looked on my skin and this was after I went to a consultant. Not a fan.

• I love it. I've tried almost every foundation on the market, from drug store to high end, and it's my favorite. It's very light feeling and never cakes, yet it gives full coverage. Considering I've tried $100 foundation before, the $25 I pay for Bare Escentuals is worth every penny.

• I love it... but my friend hates. You should give it try if you're interested... they usually give you a test trial at the store.

• i tried other brands like l'oreal and I felt like it's the same stuff. I used bare minerals. if you have bad acne scars, it might cover all of it. but it's still nice and natural.