New Nose Piercing?

Well I just got my nose pierced for the first time today! I'm extremely excited, I've wanted one since middle school. But the problem is I won't have an ACTUAL nose ring for a few days, so in the meantime I have just a regular diamond stud in, which is working. I'm afraid it will fall out whenever I sleep, seeing as how there is no back on it. Would it be safe to, perhaps, put a band-aid over it for the night?Anyone and Everyone, please!

Most Helpful Girl

• what you need is a small soft plastic back. and you can just put in on the very end of the ring when you sleep. don't smush it up to your nose. and make sure to get good info on how to clean it properly.

link

What Guys Said 1

• Google or yahoo answers is even better.

What Girls Said 4

• Is this an earring stud or a nose ring type stud? If it's a nose ring stud it should be okay. But if you went to a professional piercer than you shouldn't worry too much. The swelling should keep it in. If it does come out, put it back in as soon as possible. You can put a bandaid over it if you want, and when you do get a nose ring I would highly recommend a cork screw style one, those are the best and they almost never come out. Get a good solid one, an 18gauge is best, surgical steel.

• I actually had that problem back a few years ago. I would wake up, and it would be halfway out even though the stud I had in had a ball at the end that was 'designed' to stay in. So after a few weeks, I changed it to a screw type of stud. It was small, but it never came out.

But I think it would be a good idea to put a bandaid on it at night.

• It won't fall out. Nose rings are shaped so that they don't need backs on them. That's the whole point. They're designed to stay in. I wouldn't recommend putting a bandage on it. Let it breathe, otherwise it might get infected. I have my nose pierced, so I know from experience.

• That's just the problem though, the ring I have in for the moment isn't an actual nose ring. It's an actual earring that you put in your ear, just small.

• Oooh I thought you meant you wanted a ring instead of a stud. But you meant that you want a stud that's meant to go in your nose, instead of one that's meant for your ear... Hmm! Get a nose ring asap! That's all I can say... :)

• You can put a Band-aid over it if you want, but I had a stud for a year and it only fell out once in the night. I wouldn't be terribly concerned.