Do you share your beauty secrets?

If you found a product or a regimen that works wonders do you share it with other girls/people even if they ask?

If you don't could you please explain why.

I asked my roommate what does she use/do to get her skin so nice and she told me that she seriously only uses water on her face, but today I saw her using Clean and Clear (and a lot of the product was gone from the bottle so I know she had been using it for a while).

Another time I asked her where she got her boots and she didn't even answer me. I just think she doesn't want me to look as good as her.

Have any of you experienced this same thing from girls (or guys).

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah..she is a douche.But that's not surprising a lot of girls are like that.Short story: I knew a girl who gave herself extensions to have an afro...so you needed to buy very specific hair for it.I asked her what hair she used to do it and she gave me a completely wrong name of hair to buy.As she was doing my hair she made it sound like it looked great.But in actuality it looked awful.My hair looked awful for a good couple of weeks until I could take out the extensions.Then I realized she just didn't want my hair to look like hers. I was super pissed,and she did the same thing to another friend.

The insecurity in both stories are the same.Its obnoxious,but it happens.

What Guys Said 1

• No, & that's kind of sh*tty! (Excuse my french) What's the point of keeping that secret? Is she THAT insecure that everyone will look better than her & give her competition?

• No as in I've never met someone like that. I've already shared on here how much Proactive helped my BFF

What Girls Said 6

• that sounds obnoxious.

i only use soap and at night I think it is a nivea moisturizer...

i have a tendancy of lying about how expensive items were ( I always say I don't remember, cheaper or on sale ) because I am embarassed about how much I spend on clothes or that it matters to me but I have no problem saying where it came from...

• I'm more than happy to share my beauty and style finds. I take pride in looking good, and if a girl wants to know where I got something or what I use, I take that as a compliment and want to return the favor by helping her look good as well.

• I've never met someone like that. Sounds like an insecure, selfish bitch.

• hahahahahah omg that is so retarded! I have NO problem sharing my beauty "secrets" ahah its so childish!

if that's how she's acting I'm guessing she's just jealous of you and thinks your better looking then her and doesn't want you doing anything that may increase your beauty :p

she lacks self confidence!

• of course I would share. and I would want others to share with me

• its just awkward to start talking about, because it seems like you're showing off

but if one of my bffs asks me of course ill share

but also the same things don't work for everyone, everyone has diff skin types, sensitive skin and for makeup diff color preferences

girls can be competitive also, I have a friend like that she likes to investigate everything about me but doesn't share anything about herself I think it all comes down to insecurity