Where's the best place to get fashionable, age appropriate clothing for cheap?

I'm about to turn 21, and I feel I should start dressing more my age. Most of my clothing consists of American Eagle and Hollister t-shirts I got as a teenager. I want clothing that is more sophisticated (nice skirts, dresses, and blouses) but still looks casual.

The most important factor is the price. I can't afford to spend more than $10 or $15 on each item. If need be, I'll shop only sales and clearance items.

Does anyone know of a store or stores like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• H&M, Forever 21. If you're going for something more sophisticated, I'd go with H&M over Forever 21, because imo, it's better quality (and as a result, a little bit more expensive, but not much - still really affordable!) but it has more clothes that cater to people in their 20s (rather than just in their teens), and has a lot of good basics.

Zara also has what you're looking for, but only buy from there when it's on sale, otherwise it's pretty expensive. I got a bunch of really nice shirts from there for like $15, though, when they were having a sale. And I don't know if there are any near you, but outlet malls have really good deals, even on designer clothes.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm very satisfied with Banana Republic's prices. My local one is a factory outlet so it's cheaper than usual. But $15 for a pair of jeans, no. Maybe $45. T-shirts, yes on $15.

• Yeah, if they have these stores in your area, a lot of th cutest stuff is at Target & Wal Mart...

• Salvation army/good wills have cheap clothing and you can really have fun with picking out clothes, styles are infinate.

• age doesn't have to do with it. I'm 22. and a guy so I don't really care about fahion or being fashionable. its about how much money you have and your personality type. age is just a number, not your sense of style

• I love H & M.

What Girls Said 8

• if you shop often you can see the unadvertised sales. sometimes a store will close down and liquidate all their clothes for super cheap prices. I also just shop for sales and clearance items. the key is to shop often and pickout particular days they do mark downs.

• Forever 21 is stylish and age appropriate. It's also pretty inexpensive. I'd try shopping there. :)

• Salvation Army and Value Village are where I got most of my fav clothes. You have to be willing to spend a long time there, look at ALL the items in order to find the perfect gem for you though.

Also any kind of cool vintage clothes boutique.

Forever 21 is pretty cheap and has a lot of really cool clothes (one just opened in Montreal AT LAST and I L-O-V-E it!)

And the goold ol' trick : sales rack!

• Dressing 21?To me that's the same thing as 16.haaaa...but if you're looking for blouses and skirts etc maybe try Forever21,Century21,H&M and believe it or not,your local Macys and JCPenny.Ive found awesome deals there before.

• I'd suggest Target, Forever 21, and the clearance section at H&M. I was able to get some great blazers and dress pants for cheap from H&M!

I also like Marshalls and Kohl's. Ross is OK, but sometimes they don't have as great of a selection.

• i usually go to forever 21, H&M and urban outfitters

• Forever 21 or H&M is pretty legit if you're looking for cheap and fashionable.

• forver21 is good