How soon is too soon to wear an outfit again?

or how long should you wait after wearing an outfit to wear it again

lol it will be clean ha ha wearing dirty clothes is just gross...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends more on how memorable the outfit itself is, like how detail-specific. If your style is more plain or monochromatic and you have a lot of basic items that can all be worn interchangeably, I don't think it matters that much. Whereas, say you have a pair of black jeans [but you wear mostly blue ones], a multicolored floral v-neck top with a ruffled hem, a yellow cardigan over it, and a pair of red shoes that tie it all together perfectly... Those details are more likely to be noticed and remembered. Jeans and solid [basic white, black, blue, red] colors are different because a person could have any number of the same color jeans, or tops. It's unlikely that you'd own more than one floral top that specific, or more than one yellow cardigan. So I wouldn't wear all of those elements together again for at least a week, probably closer to two.

That's why when I buy things, I look for a certain amount of basic items, and keep what I already own in mind because I'm imagining outfits and how many different things I can do with the new item. The more I can do with it, the better. And if it's particularly unique, that's where more of the basic things come in, because the new item could go with more than one of the basics.

Personally, I don't like to wear more than two elements of an outfit together again within a week, because I feel like it gets repetitive. So a complete outfit, of the more specific variety I would try to hold off for two weeks if I could. But it also depends on how much your wardrobe consists of, obviously. Some people have tons of clothes and could literally wear a different outfit every day of the month. Some only have a handful of things, like two pairs of jeans, a few pairs of shoes, and half a dozen tops or something, with maybe two jackets/coats. Most of us fall somewhere in between, I think.

What Guys Said 8

• Once you've worn an outfit, you've tainted it forever and it can never be worn again! This is why millions of women rarely leave their homes where they sit day after day naked and alone, virtual prisoners to fashion.

• what is wrong with you lol

• Nothin's wrong with me, I wear the same clothes all the time. ; - )

• I've seen girls wear one 2 days in a row as long as it's clean, or every 2 or 3 days. Personally, if I see a girl wear a cute outfit, I look forward to her wearing it again soon...

• heres how I look at it.

is it clean? no- don't wear it

yes- wear it

• I am not sure

• About 2 weeks.

• within a week, at least that's my opinion.

• wear it once a month. that way you have just enough time and it won't make so you look like a slob

• how would it make someone a slob to wear the same thing twice in a month? that's rediculous

• That's EXTREMELY ridicuous! Not everyone can afford a different outfit for every dfay of the month!

• she asked the question, so I answered, that's my opinion, get off my f***ing back or don't ask the question

• A week

What Girls Said 7

• Try not to wear the same outfit in the same exact way more than once. If you want to wear the outfit again, add an accessory, or a different jacket, different shoes, do your hair different.

• I think it's fine to wear the same out fit in a week...PROVIDING it's CLEAN and you're going to be around a different group of people than the first time. I do this and it usually works out pretty well.

• I don't wear the same thing more then once a month but that's just me personally

• like the anon chick below said just don't wear it twice in the same week

• at least a week and a half

• hahah I mean I try not to wear the same thing in 1 week but honestly if people remember what you wear then their weird. ha ha I don't think too much about it

• It's too soon to wear an outfit again if you haven't washed it yet from the last time you wore it.