Why are a lot of unattractive guys so shallow?

What I found, at least at my school is that it seems like the guys who are always ridiculing girls, saying so and so is fat/ugly/whore/etc. are usually unattractive. And it always seems like the attractive ones don't really say anthing and/or don't care. It's just... I don't get it. It's like you don't look any better, why do you have to be so rude to those girls? Is it self esteem? Or do they really think they are better looking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Part self-esteem, part guys like that. A guy who's nice, doesn't insult girls, doesn't talk down to people or act like an asshole is unattractive. Even when you get older you'll find this to be true for lots of girls out there.

Men and women both want an attractive partner, it's just different definitions of attractive. Men are mostly physical whereas women are drawn towards certain behaviors as well as appearance and social status. A guy who's an assertive asshole, a guy who talks down to girls is a guy who they think will go far, a guy with high standards.

A guy who's nice, easy-going is generally viewed as being too easy and lazy. The kind of guy you marry after you've had your fun with the previously mentioned guy.

I see it all the time.

What Guys Said 5

• Easy... they're not happy with themselves/thier own appearance so it comforts them thinking/stating that other people are also unattractive!

• Well there are girls that do it too. Some people are just like that I guess. Not much you can do about it unfortunately.

• To make themselves feel better about girls judging them by their appearance

• Because they don't feel important. Rejection sucks, either it being relational with a female or with a friend.

• Or maybe you just find the other guys more attractive BECAUSE they don't ridicule other girls.

What Girls Said 3

• they usually want to use others for their benefit and don't know how shallow they seem or aren't taught to be respectful or humble

• losers

• This Is probably due to thier inflatable egos.They need to bring someone down to make them feel better about themselves..These guys are losers