Are girls often intimidated by guys...?

I'm 20-years-old and still haven't had a girlfriend. I don't consider myself attractive, but I don't think I'm ugly either. Girls don't talk to me, let alone look at me, and I'm sort of confused as to why...? Am I really that ugly, or am I really that attractive? I know it doesn't just involve looks, but it can't be my personality, because they don't even talk to me. So. Are they?

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be the vibe you give. If you don't look really friendly, you don't appear approachable. Really tall, bigger guys are the main ones that intimidate me.

• I'm a midget... like... 5'8''. Or 5'9''. I don't think I look mean...? I'm laid back. I talk to people around me. Blahblahblah.

• If I knew what you looked like, that might help. Haha

• yep its all about the vibes haha

What Girls Said 4

• If that's you in the pic then you're average.

Go for average girls 5/10.

• Yes.

• Its just you don't know how to approach them properly you just need to smile and say hi.

• yes, definitely. MUCH MORE often than you think.

What Guys Said 3

• Go to the nearest mall next Saturday, and ask every woman you find attractive out to lunch or dinner. Dedicate no less than three hours to this (unless one accepts your offer on the spot) and see what your success rate is. Whatever happens, you'll come away a lot less gun shy, and being gun shy is usually what keeps you from having a girlfriend to begin with. I grew up in a resort area where we used to stand on the boardwalk and hit on girls most every night of the week. Until we hit paydirt that is. It was great practice.

• Dude you live in detroit the only thing that intimidates people from detroit is bullets bro

• Dude, I think I'm in exactly the same boat. I am kinda shy, but I can talk when I get to know girls.. only problem is actually getting to know them.. I don't really have any close friends (guys or girls), which has probably been because of my shyness. Also, I don't get it how girls can kinda look at me, but they don't really look AT me, you know? It's like they know I'm shy and want to respect that, but I'd far rather they ignore the fact that I am and treat me like I'm not. Do you get the same treatment?