Is it possible for the nerd to get the hot girl?

Is it real or is it fake? What you see on television all the time, the nerdy guy getting the hot girl of his dreams. Is that only a fantasy or is there hot girls out there who would actually give the ugly nerdy guy a chance?

Despite all the yes and no on here it seems as though no one has a definite clue as to how the nerd can get the hot girl. Its a long explaination but to put it simple the answer is yes. The nerd is very likely to get the hot girl.
I was asked to explain. Its all about chemistry to its core. Think about this. If the asshole guy can get the girl simply by abusing her mentally then the nerdy guy can get the girl by literally 'boring' her. It sounds far-fetched and even down right stupid but its a strange thing, this chemistry. For further explaining here's a link that goes into long detail. Be prepared to read.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt it. Most of the "hot girls" I know date within their group. The "hot guys".

TV is fake. It's not even based on reality. I think the whole ugly guy/hot girl thing is to make guys feel better about themselves or make them think "hey, I like this show because it makes me feel like I could get a hot girl!"

• actually I'm dating a "hot" girl and I'm avg. id say..she likes me because of how I treat her. women want to be treated well, regardless of looks. its just that some girls would rather be with the good looking jerk because that's what theyre used to.

What Girls Said 27

• I have always been attracted to "nerdy" guys. I have always done well academically and I'm not terrible on the eyes so whenever I came across a guy who understood and learned faster than I did, I couldn't help but be so attracted to their mind and everything with it. It did concern me though when those boys would try to alter their looks or behavior. I'd take a brain over a face any day. It's so hot!

• I've seen it happen, it's definitely possible. But the nerd has to be assertive, confident, and believe in himself, which is usually the opposite of what people consider a nerd. So in other words, he can be into Star Wars and speak Klingon but he has to believe in himself, not be a doormat, and stand up for himself and his woman and be socially/emotionally flexible.

• so what you're saying is we can be into the fantasy stuff but we have to understand we still live in reality and know how to deal with reality?

• I'm always up for pon far and I would definately fall into the hot girl arena

• Yes, I am with a nerd. Use all that wisdom to charm and relate to women. If you make eye contact, light touch, interesting topics of coversation, compliment then you can have any woman you want.

• Well if its a choice between a jerky hot guy that only wants sex and and the nice nerdy guy that actualy cares-then its the nerdy guy every time.

• What about a kind and hot guy vs. a kind not-so-hot nerd? How often would a girl choose the nerd between those two choices?

• I would try to help him with his fashion and style issues if he's truly a good guy then I'd date him. but I'm pretty picky who I go out with and so far haven't gone out with a nerdy type of guy yet. I would rather date a nerdy guy because hopefully he's intelligent but he'd have to work harder to connect with me and vice versa.

I would want someone who is truly a good person and not someone who is just after a hot girl..

• It can be real.. because personality and intelligence can make up for attractiveness in many many cases. What do you mean by nerdy? Do you mean 'focused in their studies' type of nerdy? and when you mean 'nerdy' as an appearance, what does that mean? what does 'nerdy' look like?

It would help if you posted a photo and we can suggest ways to improve your appearance (ie: shaving off the yeti beard and mustache as it doesn't make you look strong as masculine, styling your hair with wax, wear fitting clothes, working out at the gym to tone up)

• So being myself wouldn't be enough? Good to know!

• oh wow.. I really didn't mean it like that. I just meant that there IS such a thing as 'hot nerdy' and I was just suggesting ways to help you're appearance get girls.

but if you don't want my advice that's fine.. you can ignore it.

• you came off as if because his looks are an immediate turn off he can't be himself (which is what women always say, making them hypocrites

he wanted to hear you say "youre fine the way you are". because your telling him what he wants to hear

• Key word: Ugly

I personally love nerds~ if I meet a really hot guy who has never heard of Zelda, it's a turn off :C

But it's the nerds that huddle around their computers looking at pikachu p*rn that wig me out (like the stupid guys in my Comp Sci class -__-)

Anyway... yes.

• omg.. that's hilarious.

• so what your saying is he's gotta be a "cool nerd"? as in he can be nerdy but not show it when your around your friends..

• Uhh... no, I didn't say that, lol

Yeah! Let him geek out around my friends!

Lol, I love it~

• Honestly most of the guys who go up and hit on pretty girls are the drunks/cocky/guys just wanting anygirl... The jerks who girls don't want

but the girls go for them because the jerks actually go up and ask them out. It's as simple as that. If you want a hot girl- talk to her- it's no harder than the theoretical physics of string theory or loop quantum gravity if you prefer it

• i know what the string theory is. but I've never heard of loop quantum gravity. I'm a nerd myself (yes I openly admit it) but I've never heard of it

• I have my own theory but it won't fit in this box- anyway

question asker- what exactly do you look like? Because we are living in a pretty developed world right now and out and out ugly is hard to find. But like some other girls said you can change slight things about your apparence without changing anything else. Be like me, uber Trekkie on the inside 1950s pinup doll on the outside(boy version of course) think Tony stark, Kirk, Han, or that guy who declinded the fields metal(with a shave...)

• Just to note, I am NOT tooting my own horn, but many people tell me I am 'hot'/'gorgeous'. And I happen to be dating a hardcore nerd. He's actually pretty awesome.

• I guess it depends on how ugly you mean on a scale of 1-10. I've always preferred nerds, but yeah, you always need some sort of physical attraction to get the momentum going. In terms of physical appearance, I'm a 7-8, so I probably wouldn't go below a 4. If Maurice Moss from the IT Crowd was real, I'd be all over him right now.

• I would have to be attracted to a guy physically to have a relationship with him. You can improve your looks

• Hellz YES!

Don't underestimate yourself. A great brain is sexy as hell!

• It's all about personality. At first we might notice looks, but a great personality outshines everything. Unless you're completly hideous. I personally think nerds are the new sexy. haha

• hopefully you think of us as "sexy" because of us, not because of what we could become (the next bill gates?)

• Bill gates was totally a cutie when he was younger

• Depends on what the nerdy guy acts like, and what the hot girl is looking for.

• I have to say no. Not unless he's rich. Generally, social retardation is a major turnoff. The only way for a guy to do it is to either be rich or stop being a nerd.

• Uh, actually Nerds tend to be Socially more intelligent, people seem to have this idea that as IQ goes up, emotional IQ goes down... Big misconception...

• geekiness = social retardation

• What a moronic answer. There is no correlation between retardation and a nerd. Nerds have been on the rise for years now. Thank goodness too. Stereotypical norms of the past, such as this, were just plain stupid.

• i've seen it happen before

• I like the idea of the jock going for the nerdy band girl.

• it really is true. But I don't settlw. Height yes, face no, body type no

• yeh, tho I don't go for 'nerds'

• Is it possible for a nerd to appreciate girls in his own circumstances? All signs point to no -- he's just as shallow as the hot douchebag, just without the qualities to back it up.

• Yes, but why does everyone want the hot girl. What about the rest of us, why can't we ever be enough!

• Well, turn that on its head. Given the choice between two guys with an equally great personality and otherwise hits all your respective buttons, would you prefer a hot guy or an average-looking guy?

• I say yes.

I don't really care if there nerdy or not.

Just if there a good person... And honestly id rather date a nerd than a jerk

• Ya, but he has to actually get to know her. Just thinking of her as "some hot chick" isn't any different than the hot, shallow guy has to offer ... it's just missing the hotness.

• i think if this guy was an actual nerd, meaning SMART, he'd get hot, and stop worrying about certain girls wanting him. instead he'd wait for all the girls to want him after he becomes smart and gorgeous lol. another way to get girls..become their friends. I know brilliant lol.

i wouldn't advise abusing girls mentally...that really is only supposed to be used if your only going to sleep with them, and even then...its cruel! you really want to make girls feel like sh*t? I don't think so!

pretty girls are just like normal girls, except they get more offers. all you have to do is stand out...it is harder to stand out when you look terrible(just wear better clothes?) but not impossible. just show her something emotionally meaningful with your smarts and your in.

• For the most part it is a television fantasy.The ugly nerdy guy may be getting the girl of his dreams, but why would the hot girl want him when there are tons of other guys to choose from? Hot girls usually date other hot guys, or guys who are cute... they rarely if ever will date an ugly nerdy guy unless the ugly nerdy guy is rich and successful and breaks bread with them. other than that it is fake.

• nothing like a shallow girl to make a guys day :)

• if a girls not dating a guy whos ugly because he's ugly, what makes her dateable to the other "hot guys". remember, all guys judge you based on your looks and your behavior we look out for each other (even if its still competition). like nate said

• Shallow people can still love the ones they are with, they might be with them for reason we see as wrong but I'd like to think they still love the person in some little way

• This is all very superficial! Its all to do with personality and what is in a person's heart - something you can only learn with age ;-)

• iv e seen some shallow bitches that are up around their 30's. yes age does play a factor but its not what defines maturity

• I hate the weird twisted logic of these kind of questions, nerdy/old/ugly guy feels bad because 18 year old hotties don't tend to go for him..

But never once would it cross his mind that there is probably a lot of lovely woman out there, age and nerd appropriate for him, he just doesn't give them a look in because they are guilty of exactly the same things he is ie, not being 18 or not being fantastically beautiful.

You dream of some amazing cutie out there who'll see beyond your flaws even though you yourself are too shallow to find attraction in a girl who's more your equal .

You expect hot girls to give you a chance, when you yourself wouldn't give anyone like you a chance.

how about instead of asking this question you ask yourself why you don't give girls at your own level a chance?

• I find nerdy girls to be amazing! But most of the time they're too afraid to date and both of our insecurities just makes things too awkward to be normal. I think opposites attract!

• qa. opposites only attract when theyre willing to be on the same page. let me explain within the 400 characters left. I believe opposites attract as well, unlike this answerer who is obviously shallow. but to a point do they work. you have to be willing to go outside your box and do things you wouldn't normally do in order to be with an opposite, that's how it works. if you cant, itll become dull and boring, girls don't want that, nor do guys

• She's not shallow she's logicial- most nerds on here complain about not getting hot girls. Where are the ones who want nerdy girls like them? They want the hottest girls they see the only problem is most hot girls also want the hottest guys they see and that maynot be the nerd. So it kinda does make the nerds who only want hot girls shallow especially since they probably don't know the girl they want any hot girl. So why should the hotties be at fault for wanting another hottie?

What Guys Said 11

• It's possible but NOT in the way it's normally portrayed in TV and movies. In those cases, the guy is invariably completely socially awkward, very introverted, can't start or hold a conversation, AND totally dotes on and caters to a girl in every way. All of that is guaranteed to end in failure in real life.

As all the girls here have said, personality matters. That means you've got to have confidence in yourself, your beliefs and your abilities. It's totally possible to develop your confidence and your social skills--it just takes some dedicated work. Most "nerdy" guys are more than capable of putting in the work to get results. After all--most have done EXACTLY that in other areas of their lives like school and work. Where a lot of them fail is in thinking it's hopeless and in not trying to make any changes to improve their love lives.

As one of the greatest nerds ever said, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

• Well, I'm personally on the Trekkie side of the Nerd spectrum (Well, Star Wars: I'm not Super Intelligent but I'm into comics and other things :P)

During my time, I've yet to even be glanced at with any signs of attraction, so Hollywood is definitely a big fat liar D:

• I think it's tough to say. Since you are in the 18-24 year old range, I'd say that it would be tough. I've never seen stuff like that happen in real life. Besides maybe a few examples, most "cliques" tend to stay close to what they know, meaning someone from their own social circle or one that they can feel comfortable with. So if you are way outside of this by whatever definition of "nerd" that you are, it's going to be down to your abilities to talk to them I'd say.

One of my buddies Googled something about Hooters girls and happened to find a link that said something along the lines of "Would a Hooters girl ever date anyone other than the really desirable men?". A lot of what the people said (it was on Yahoo Answers) was basically that you would need to be a smooth talker, otherwise no. I guess I could understand this somewhat. If you aren't a "normal" socializer then I'd say it's going to be hard for you to connect with ANYONE, let alone this pretty girl you want to talk to. But I guess if you could speak well enough and could really let her see what you're all about, then they might be alright with you and your so-called nerdiness.

But I'd say don't listen to me lol, I'm just as lost on the whole topic of girls lately. As much as I want to believe the girls that answered here, I'm still skeptical for some reason. I've only ever seen pretty girls with attractive/desirable guys, so I don't know any different and never have seen it with my own eyes.

• I was just asking a question my good man. I understand the level of difficulty it is for a mostly unnattractive male to get a sexy popular girl. Which is why it makes such good movies! But in reality it is just nearly impossible.

• I wouldn't go as far as to say it's nearly impossible, but it does seem like it's a lot harder to do than what most make it seem. I don't know, that's just me.

• Sure, if teh girl is ASian, or if she's just a good woman. Happens a lot more often than yu'd think from the media.

• I could be called a 'nerd'.

Two of my exes are quite hot girls.

I've aways conidered my wife to be one too.

• Explain your update.

• Your wish is my command.

• Well arrogance vs. shyness/anxiety/apprehensive...arrogance is the lesser of the two evils in that situation. At least with arrogance it gets him out and experiencing the world. He can fine tune it with experience, but at least he has the balls to be out with girls at that point.

• I'd always go for the wallflower myself. I don't really mind asking guys out or sparking up conversations, though I don't really have to, one I'm engaged, two I get enough attention as it is.

I can kinda understand what you mean though. Last night a reasonably attractive guy had his friend ask me if I had a boyfriend for him. Obviously I do but even if I didn't I would of told the friend, that unless the guy asks me himself it's not happening. Shy is one thing coward is another

• Nerds rule, nuff said ;)

• It would never happen in high school, that's for sure... College either.

• If human-kind has the ability to invent a space-shuttle, then by all means... a nerd can get a hot girlfriend

• I'd like to point out it is possible to be a nerd without being ugly. :P

• Nerds could make good money so the answer is yes.

• Yeah once the money comes in nothing else matters! lol