Is it normal to walk/sit with your eyes/head down?

I wonder if I'm the only one doing that. I'm just so painfully shy : / ... although I know I have no reason to be, but I don't like getting into eye contact with another... well I just can't :'(... it makes my heart skip... like falling in love (a better word would be fright though)... at every sight -__-" ...

it's a habit...><

my friends have no problems with that.. or maybe they're just being polite? my family said that it's really weird...

tx for the answers :).

Most Helpful Girl

• Not making eye contact and looking down is submissive behavior and usually due to a lack of confidence. I know how you feel, because I used to be the same way. I still am, but not as bad. Just try to boost your self-esteem some.

What Guys Said 1

• I know what you mean. I have exactly the same feelings when I have to make eye contact with a girl. I find it so hard.

I would say just try to force yourself to look people in the eye even if it takes loads of effort. Eventually you will feel more confident.

I just wish I could do that myself!

What Girls Said 1

• I do that sometimes too! Can you just repeat something over and over in your head while you're looking at them and walking by? Might help!