Why are people not into brown eyes?

I love brown eyes and I have them myself but it seems like people want blue eyes or green :[ What's wrong with brown eyes? And I understand scientific studies show light colored eyes show the dilated pupil more and pupil dilation is a way to know if someone is attractive but yet again, I don't believe everything in science.

Most Helpful Girl

• i love brown eyes as well. esp those big brown puppy dog eyes

What Guys Said 15

• They don't write songs about green eyes ha ha but I think the reason is that geniticly they are rare so we are predispsitioned to notice them more than the more dominant brown eyed gene also it is seen as a infant trait subconsciously becouse most baby's nomatter what eye color they turn out to be born with blue eyes. I know it sounds strange for a guy to be atracted to an infant like trait but if you think about it things like hairless legs, long eye lashes, big eyes, and even pouting which sometimes can be seen as an attractive thing to do are all traits that come from a child.

• i see where your coming from but I love brown eyes so I obviously don't fit in here.

• no way. who could pass on these brown eyed hotties? link

• I don't think eye colour matters a whole lot to be honest. A pair of striking blue eyes can be just as appealing as a pair of striking brown ones. Or green. I suppose grey eyes might be exotic or something. I don't know. I just can't imagine myself ever getting excited about the pigment colour of somones eyeball. I certainly can't imagine myself ever rejecting someone over it.

• well I gotta say eyes aren't really the first thing I look at to be honest. I look at really defined curves, then eyes id say. I love all eye colors especially blue since mine are. its been scientifically proven that people are more attracted to people with the same eye color, fyi

• You can relate that to the rarity of those eye colors. I read somewhere that green is one of the rarest eye colors? Regardless, brown is just as good as any of the other colors. I think it all comes down to how striking they are, meaning healthy skin around the eyes to complement the color, or whatever

• I love brown eyes. One of those girls in that link that that guy posted with brown eyes would be somewhere around my ideal woman. Having said that, I like every colour. Seems a silly reason to distinguish whether someone is attractive or not.

• I agree it is silly but there are people that will not date someone because of that! I'm not one of them but there are people.

• I happen to like brown eyes. Thinking back, I can only remember one or two girlfriends having green or blue eyes.

• Blue eyes are always the best on paper and in hollywood stories. But I have seen many a people fall for eyes that are brown.

• Ok. Well, I have only heard the name and seen a couple of pics on the web. So I don't have any views on her. Does she have brown eyes by any chance. hehehe...

• I like brown eyes. My Girlfriend look like a Czech version of you. lol Eye color really doesn't matter.

• She looks like a Czech version of me? I want to see...

• Haha...I don't think she would appreciate me posting a picture of her on the internet for everyone to see. You are beautiful. If you were a little older and I were single, I'd date you. lol

• :l thanks but I wish I could see this chick.

• I have brown eyes and dark hair.. Almost all girls I've come across prefer blue or green eyes on guys. I personally don't have a preference in eye color. Although, some colors suit certain face shapes, skin tone and hair color better than others.

• I have brown eyes and I like girls with blue or brown eyes.

• Preferences

• I like all color eyes but who care about eyes?

• Well it's good to know that someone likes brown eyes, because I get sick of hearing how much people love blue eyes. I used to wish I was born with blue eyes, but as the saying goes "if wishes were horses then beggars would ride"... So yeah, what IS wrong with brown eyes? I think people somehow think that blue eyed people are more honest or something, and brown eyed are not so much? maybe that's just what I've heard.

• No blue eyes are apparently more rarer. Oh well whatever... they can have them.

• It might be that brown eyes are very common. Most people have them, so it's less interesting.

• They are less common among white people. Their only so common because of Black people, mexicans, Asians so on and so forth.

What Girls Said 16

• Brown is gorgeous! So warm and makes you look so kind! Or if they're flaming amber or really dark they make you look mysterious or supernatural! They rock. 2 of my ultimate crushes have lovely chocolate eyes

• Im into guys with brown eyes

• I like brown eyes! Brown eyes are interesting, but then again, I think all eyes can be interesting because everyones eyes are different.

I have brown eyes and get complimented on them alot.

I think it's because in the Western world, brown is the most common where as green is the "rarest" although in other parts of the world green is actually very common, it's just over here it's rare and it's even more "rare" to see a brunette with green eyes

• I think light eyes look good from a distance but I prefer browns to look at close I feel more comfortable can't explain why...

so I prefer brown eyes and I love my brown eyes and wouldn't change than for any blues lol

• Yeah, brown eyes, most everyone has them, humans like to see rare things, like diamonds, no one cares for rocks because you can find them everywhere, same with lighter eyes. I have brown eyes too, I used to stand outside throwing coins in fountains wishing for blue eyes, but I like my eyes how they are. :D

• like I mentioned above they are only common because of other races. White folk more commonly have blue or green eyes (from what I have seen) and I live in a household of 5 people (including me) and they all have blue or green eyes!

well, not including my dog. haha.

• Well I mean there's lots of races, most have brown eyes as a commodity. Oh and by the way, I loved the 'not including my dog' comment loll :)

• exactly my point. And thank you.

• I have orange/brown eyes and my boyfriend who has blue/green eyes loves staring in them so not all guys hate girls with brown eyes.

• i never said guys hate girls with brown eyes that's ridiculous and not true in the least bit. Why would someone hate someone for their eye color? lol.

• Well brown eyes are the most common eye colour. Even if you take into account caucasians, I would still say it's the most common. Most people in Spain and Italy have brown eyes but most people in northern Europe have light coloured eyes. In terms of rarity, green is the rarest eye colour followed by grey then blue. I honestly don't think eye colour is a big deal but you asked why so the answer is because it is the most common, in anyway that you think about it.

• Like I've stated brown eyes are only most common because of black, asian, and hispanic people. Most caucasians have blue eyes because of german decent.

• Oh I have blue eyes (blue eyes, blond hair, pale skin :( kinda sucks) and I want brown eyes. You can do so much in regards to makeup with brown eyes. So it's certainly NOT a bad thing at all.

I think maybe it's to do with rarity

• I llike brown eyes but after all I'm black and a lot of us don't have blue or green eyes, as a matter of fact none of us do unless we have some white in us ...but over all, our eyes usually tend to be shades of brown and sometimes lightskinned black people can have grey eyes...

• That's one reason black people are so damn hot!

• oh God, why are white people so sensitive lol...you didn't offend me I was just joking around...

• HAHAH! I'm just a sensitive person.

• I am totally into brown eyes on a guy :D. My fiance has brown eyes.

• I know plenty of people (mostly men) that go crazy over my big brown eyes ;) but I have noticed that people usually say they want colored eyes.

..It's unique I guess and also, we are usually never satisfied with what we have. :/

• haven't you ever heard the song brown eyed girl? :o)

• Maybe because its most common people get bored with it

• because most of the people in the world have brown eyes and most people love rare eye coöours such as blue or green

• I have blue eyes but I want brown. The most beautiful people have brown eyes, your skin is prettier, you can wear darker make up etc. Blue eyes look so fake and look creepy on you if you aren't attractive otherwise. Brown eyes are warm, kind and inviting.

• My guy has beautiful dark dark brown eyes. Sometimes they look like they glitter, and they do lend an air of mystery to him.