I have never had a girlfriend. What am I doing wrong?

OK, so I know I have been doing a lot of things wrong, as far as the ladies but I don't know what I am doing right and wrong. I have never had a girlfriend and hooked up once, even though it was probably sloppy seconds. My number 1 cause is lacking the ability to tell what people think of me. I have no way of finding if a girl wants to date/hookup with me. I don't know how to make myself look like I'm available. I'm never invited to parts and stuff like that. I consider myself energetic, shy, and very emotional (good and bad). I don't have chances to meet girls and my friends won't help me.

When I talk to girls, I really listen and talk about their interests and such. I don't consider myself unattractive or annoying. I don't know what else to say, please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls like guys that approach them. Compliment them, and just ask them out. Be confident, and go after the girl you like. That's the only way you'll know if she's interested in you or not. Make lots of eye contact, smile, seem interested in her, and listen. Girls like guys that just listen, and are there for them. If a girl isn't attracted to you she won't want to talk to you, hang out, if a girl likes you she'll want to spend lots of time talking to you, and seeing you.

What Girls Said 3

• you're still young so just be patient. I didn't date until I was after 18 not because I planned to. I know I hated how everyone had a relationship while I was still single.after high school and now, I have more attention than ever. it gets better later.

• No offense, but it seems like your friends don't care. I'll try to help. You seem like a pretty cool dude to me. A girl will usually flirt with you, smile at you, or blush at you. There are also many more things that they will do. Some girls try to hide how they feel and others don't. Make yourself look better by just being yourself. You play sports, work hard. Do what you like to do with a lot of effort and they should see that.

• You might want to try seeing a counselor. I was so shy for the longest time, I had very few dates or boyfriends. When I DID get a boyfriend, as soon as they got very interested in me or told me they loved me, it was curtains for them, 'cause I broke up with them. Through counseling I learned I was afraid of commitment due to some stuff that had happened to me as a kid. The counselor helped me to develop more confidence and helped me to stay in relationships long enough to know if I really liked the person or not instead of just bailing when they tried to get me to commit. It was very successful for me.

What Guys Said 3

• u have f***ing lousy friends or they do not know anything about dating

• friend don't beat yourself up, all guys are insecure and shy, its just some guys mask it better then others, join a group or sports club were you can meet people, it also boosts your confidence

• You'll find the right person eventually, and you're still young.