The Numbers Game: Should I take this as a Compliment?

So in my class today, a few girls were talking about boys and their respective "sizes" (or how they would guess them to be). The loud, obnoxious guy got rated a "4", the cool kid in class got a "10".

I got ranked a 7, which I was thrilled about because it adds more to what I have in store.

But the more I thought about it, these girls were basically scoring boys on whether or not they liked us with a scale something so personal. It was kinda degrading and idk, something seems wrong about it. The girls are nice girls and don't tend to show off like that, but... I don't know the words to describe how I feel.

You tell me: If some girls got together from where you go to school/ work, and played "the numbers game", how would it make you feel? And girls, would you play a game like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha, women degrading men, this topic doesn't come up often. It's usually the other way around.

When I was in high school the guys would rate the girls on how hot they thought they were. It never bothered me because they always rated me high but your post just made me think back to that. I can't imagine how hurtful it would have been to be one of the girls who they rated low.

People are shallow and mean.

What Girls Said 2

• I thought this was a game GUYS played. Rating people is lame as hell. I would never partake in it. People's personalities can make them less or more attractive imo. I've surprised myself before when I liked a guy that I never would have otherwise been attracted to at first glance but he had such a great sense of humor and was very kind. :)

I think those girls are just immature.

• I wouldn't play a game like this, because I'd be degraded if it was the other way around and a guy was "numbering" me...

I know exactly how you feel. But if you say they're respectful and nice girls then just let it go, there's nothing you can really do about it. They were probably just having a moment that didn't seem to fit in the "nice girls" category. Just be flattered. Don't feel bad, there's nothing you can do or could've done...

If it keeps on happening though, or if things like that keep irritating you, you shouldn't be quiet about it.

Best of luck!

What Guys Said 3

• It's just a game. Don't take it personally. A group score is totally different than an individual score. Peer pressure and other factors came into play.So you are based on your score just by this one game? You should play this game 100 and maybe you can draw something out of it.

• That game gets played all the time... just keep in mind there are a lot of biases from preventing people from voting how they truly feel sometimes...

• Seems very tacky. I would not think much of those girls from then on...