Do even loyal, committed guys constantly check out hot women?

I notice my guy out of my peripheral vision checking out beautiful women all the time. He tries to be discreet about it, but I tend to notice attractive women as well.. sometimes even before him. I notice he glances up when an attractive girl leaves the room, at cleavage, and short shorts/skirts. I understand guys do this. My question is.. is this a thing that guys stop doing when they care deeply for one person? Or do less of?

Also, when an attractive man walks by I notice my guy will glance to see if I check him out. Don't know if that factors in somewhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys notice girls (or in some cases other guys). Some guys do it more than others but all guys do it. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about you or that he won't be faithful to you. As long as it doesn't present a problem to the relationship, I wouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 21

• Even loyal and committed people will look at someone who is exceptionally attractive. If they're being discrete about it and not ignoring you in any way, then they're being respectful and that's what you want. Loyal and committed people look at other people less, mind you but eyes will sometimes wonder. Even for the most loyal of us.

~Distant

• i don't thnk guys ever stop checking out women. I don't think its a bad thing to have a tiny bit of jealousy in a relationship either. When you catch him checkin out a girl give him a big smooch and let him know you won't let anythibg stand between you

• This doesn't go away. It's hardwired into our brains, so we'll always look. If we're in a commited relationshi and care deeply for one person, then we won't try to get in her pants, but we'll still look. It doesn't mean anything other than that we're still alive, healthy and straight.

• Guys are visual, we will always be visual, we never out grow that. Women use all of their senses to take in information, they care about how people look, smell, act, ect. Men are just visual. We will often overlook major flaws if a woman looks hot. It is not a smart thing, but men often make poor choices when it comes to relationships.

A good way to address it is to be included. When you see a hot girl, point her out. Enjoy the view together. Make it a game, rate them... 1 to 10. See if you have the same rating system. You might find out that your man has preferences that might serve you well in the future. If you know he likes blondes, maybe a fun night would be to pop out of the bathroom wearing a blond wig, and pretend to be his fantasy girl.

You can rest assured that almost all men look, and it is not a threat. If a guy is not looking, that might be the bigger problem, he might not have enough passion to enjoy life, and you do not want to be with that guy.

Good Luck,

James

• I would not want to be woth anyone else in this world. I am deeply commited but I still look. Men aren't blind! women check out guys too!

he is doing it discreetly, he is not being "disrecfull". But don't let that become the newest issue in your relationship.

Most men will do this( I didn't say all , just to avoid generalizing)

• My Girl and I always checked people out together. Or I was perfectly allowed to be like ( O_O holy crap, she's freaking hot) in which case she would look up, check her out and without missing a beat would say something like " She should put her hair up, but I agree I would totally hit that". And I would laugh and then it was over. And she would do the same thing about guys she thought were hot. it never bothered me.

THATS how it should be. And yes we all check other people out I'm looking at her for 3 seconds... But I am spending a lifetime with you.

• yes they do and its good for their health. link

• As long as it doesn't ever adversely affect a relationship I'm all for it. Thanks for the interesting link!

• yeah you can definitly oogle to much, but at the same time asking him to stop something that is a healthy activity is pretty sick.

• Yes. It's natural and to be expected. He's being discreet, which is a good thing. Just keep reminding him that you don't like catching him checking out other women in your presence.

A man's relationship status has no bearing on this. I wouldn't consider it an issue, unless he pursues.

• its natural to look but most of us loyal guys will look but not touch...nothing against that. its also OK for you to do the same and if he says anything just tell him that he looks and you're doing the same,just looking and that you love him, every guy will look so much, some more than others but realize that there are women out there who will wear something so intriguing that we just have to look. you could capitalize on his looking by making wisecracks about his looking saying that you really need to take care of his needs lol. answer my latest question

• "I notice my guy out of my peripheral vision checking out beautiful women all the time."

It seems you're checking out people too. ;-)

• when I care deeply there is not need to to look really but take it this way, you may love lets say steak, but you can't eat it all the time , you will eventually burn out. bad analogy.

but I am sure you once in while find a guy that catches your attention, ( brad pit or ryan renolds or jason statham are good examples of what some women find attractive,) it doesn't mean you are gonna go after him.

some guys have to look others don't. psychology for me is that I am not fully satisfied when I look around.

• Both men and women do this. It's completely normal. As long as you don't physically desire the person you're briefly checking out there shouldn't be any problems.

• Your dude's not into you. That's the reality. Face it. He looks because he's not satisfied with you. The fact that he checks out dudes shows that he has a confidence issue. He's seeing where he compares against the dudes. Sounds like loser to me, get rid of him. He's into himself, not you.

• Yes! Just like girls check out hot guys. Just like girls read romance novels about hot guys and get turned on. Who cares.

The fact of the matter is that guys are biologically wired to check out hot girls. This has absolutely no relationship to how he feels about you. NONE. NONE WHATSOEVER. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.

• Constantly, no. Occasional, some do. Sometimes, yes of course. same for women.

• Did you know we´re human beings?

• Yes they do! Nothing wrong at all by checking out hot girls! Cheating is only physical!

• yes its normal

• I think that if a guy is passionate about you, that he will not even notice other girls. If he is noticing other girls, it is probably because he is not noticing you. If you want your guy to be passionate about you, you've got to do what it takes to create that. What was it like when he was first with you? Was he passionate about you, or was he checking out other women? If he was checking out other women, then he was never really PASSIONATE about YOU, but you are just the woman he is with...So, in order for a man to be PASSIONATE about you, you've got to make him want you more than he wants those other women...You've got to create ATTRACTION in him towards you and KEEP the attraction going. If you don't, many men can lose interest after a while. Think of what you are seeing happening with him as a test. He may also be trying to rouse jealousy in you, or trying to stir you up enough to get you to become passionate about him in some way. He probably wants to know that you have his full attention tho...Maybe play the game back a bit of checking out some guys & see what the response is.

• It's always going to happen, when I was with one of my ex's, I was still checking out other women, but more so on the basis of catching a quick peek of skin, or shape of their bum or breasts in tight clothes. I even got caught often checking out womens tight/snug crotch areas.

• yes, but that when you try to deprive him your responsibilities

What Girls Said 6

• Everyone is different. But, I can honestly say that I do not check out other guys. I am happy with my boyfriend and I think he is perfect. I do, however, notice other attractive people, but I do not check them out. I see them walk by..but I do not scan their bodies...But, everyone is different.

• Both men and women admire the beauty in others. I would be concerned if it went further than just a glance. For ex: staring to the point of being obvious, and pursuing. Your man is respecting you by being discreet. You mentioned he notices you glance at other guys, that's a sign he cares. But if it does get to a point where it makes you uncomfortable, I would def talk to him about how it makes you feel.

• all men will notice someone attractive even if they are already deeply in love with someone glancing is always OK it becomes a problem if they stare. as for doing less of I don't think they really look less they just try to do it more discreetly out of respect for you.

• yeah I think it's just them noticing a hot girl. I saw a few guys look at me when they're with their gf's ever so subtly and made eye contact with me while their gf's were looking down at their feet. some guys do it more. some less. etc.

• Well from what I've heard, from most of my guy friends... They say that most men will notice when women pass by them but it doesn't mean that they are going to drop you I'n an instant... But from my POV, isn't it the same when we see an attractive male walk past us?

• just check out guys. you can both have fun!