Do girls like long hair on guys? Why or Why not?

Do girls like long hair on guys? Why or why not? I have long hair for personal religious convictions but also as a musician. I'm wondering more or less if I will attract different type of women if I had shorter hair.

cool. I got enough info. I appreciate the responses. please don't respond to this question anymore. thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• I loved men with long hair because I was into the "rock guy" type of person (and now I don't mean bad boy or in a band lol just liked long hair). Girls do like long hair in guys but after a certain point, like in your 30s you might find some women get turned off cause they have these socially constucted ideas abvout what is "manly" or "hot" in their minds. And you might have issues at work as well (depending on what you chose to do for a living of course). Things are changing but there are still women out there that enjoy short hair as opposed to long. Nevertheless since you are doing this for a religious reason then this is a good enough reason for any balanced person to accept your choice of hairstyle.I mean in the grand scale of things its just hair man! I mean, seriously. Women looking for a decent guy especially when they get older don't really care so long as you treat them well.

What Girls Said 33

• Yes, I love long hair on guys. But if it's well taken care of. If it has lots of split ends and is rough I won't like it. There's no shame in using a conditioner. Personally, I gave my boyfriend a really great conditioner to use /he already had awesome hair/, and his hair is even smoother and shinier now! =)

Different types of women like different hairstyles.

I'm kind lucky that I have a homogeneous group of friends who all vary in their preferences so we don't always flock to the same type of men. xD

I'm an artist as well, so I guess that has something to do with loving long hair, it just makes me think that the guy might indeed have something to do with some form of art. Which is always a huge plus in my book! ^_^

• I LOVE long hair on guys, as long as it's well kempt. Down the waist, I am all over that! (I like metal and am very laid back - I doubt you'd attract any fashion-forward, straight and narrow ladies.)

However I like it mostly in a sexual attraction sort of sense, and a little because it takes a lot of commitment and loyalty to the cause for a man to have long hair so it tells me a bit about what kind of person he is. I just HAVE to run my fingers through it, and want something to curl my fingers into during sex.

• I love long hair on men. But it depends really on what the hairstyle is and who had it. For example, long dreadlocks (I had a male friend who had dreadlocks to his hips which was really f***ing hot on him) on men are sexy, long hair tied back/plaited is sexy, shoulder length, chin length, shoulder-blade length hair is sexy...

• I love long hair on guys! but not long hair like Jesus, any hair longer than from the shoulders is a turn off to me

• I prefer shorter hair on guys. One of the best guy friends I have, used to have long hair and he cut off his hair when he heard I said shorter hair looks better on him. He's a handsome guy but he looked hotter with short hair. it depends on the girl.

• hell to the yeah!

although it can depend what the guy looks like

there is a guy with long hair in some of my classes - he can tie it up - and I think he's really hot :L so yeah... I like it...

• Me and my gfs all LOVE long hair - there are few things sexier than a guy with longish hair (just touching his shoulders-ish) tied back at his nape. Seriously, even if a guy isn't even that "good looking", we usually think he is THAT much hotter because of the hair. I think it's so rugged and handsome? Just keep it the sameish length and fresh.. Mmm.

• I think the larger percentage of girls prefer short hair. Even if it's not true, it just looks inexplicably cleaner. I don't know why :P

• i like medium length hair than short or long hair...upto the neck length is fine especially on musicians, it looks cool rather than the ponytail or too long hair just ends up looking shabby I think...but a good haircut makes all the difference if its a long hair

• yes! as long as its nice long hair :) and it suits that person hair is just something hats there it shouldn't really matter and doesn't to me :Lxx

• Long hair can be really hot! Like the 90's grunge look... damn.

• it all depends, if your hair is dark and wavy I find that very attractive. but guys with longer lighter straighter hair I don't like it as much. but if its your religion you have a reson to keep it long, don't change your appearance to apeal to more people. :)

• I think it's hot as long as it doesn't get in the way. But there's a lot of other criteria. If the guy's a pothead, smoker and/or heavy drinker, it doesn't matter what else he has to offer, he's off the list.

• occasionaly ill see a guy with long hair whos sexy but generally no, I prefer shorter hair...it doesn't have to be extremely short though just above you chin

• I myself am not in to long hair at all, just not my thing or style in a guy.

• I hate long hair on guys. I feel like I'm with a girl.

• which guy? which girl?

• I love long hair on guys. Why? Just do.

• I've always hated long hair. I don't know why, I just like shorter hair better, to run my fingers through etc.

• Inserted rating.

• Hate it.

• personally I think anything longer than your shoulders is a turn off :/

it just looks a bit scruffy

• I really tend to like guys with longer hair, not like crazy long though

• No, don't find attractive, but that's what I think.

• I don't like. It just looks nicer groomed and short sometimes.

• It Depends on what they look like with long Hair.

• how long are we talking? if your hair's up to your shoulders.. nah I don't really like it...

but then my mood always changes... one day I'm into bald guys then the next I'm into guys with hair as long as rapunzel's.. but yeah I don't really mind as long as you can pull it off.. I find short hair nicer thoughl...

• I think its sexy! but it also depends on the rest of your body. Kurt cobain and bon jovi back in the day really look good with it!

• Nope, sorry.

• Oooh yes...turn on.

But you gotta look good with it.

Everyone doesn't look good with long hair.

But I like guys that do.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 2

• If you have an interesting reason, like a religious conviction as stated, it becomes so much sexier. What's your religion?

• not really religion per say but as a pacific islander I feel a strong conviction to having my long hair to honor God. I noticed even as a child when my dad would make me cut my hair I would become extremely depressed afterward for a certain period of time. More a feeling than anything dogmatic.

• yeah Samson haha. I'm a Christian but yeah I know a lot of Samoans and Polynesians don't cut their hair or at least the main part of it for their own religious reasons as well. The only thing I can really equate it to would be like how jews wear yamekahs to always remind them that God is above them. Kinda same thing with me and my hair.

• Yeah. It makes sense, like. Like, attribution, hinting towards Transcendental Manifestation. It makes sense.

• define long? because I keep mine pretty long in the winter months