Question deleting system?

A lot of questions that are just for fun get deleted. I was wondering, what if mods didn't delete questions that they would normally delete if the question had a 4 or 5 star rating? And if the rating was lower, then the mods could delete the question? Cause sometimes it's nice to have fun(ny) posts on here for a change. What do you guys think of my amazing idea?

• Your idea rocks
  • Your idea rocks
Ironic that this question will get deleted, huh? :)
Another type of question that I think the mods shouldn't delete is questions about sexuality from people under the age of 18. Obviously if a girl under 18 is asking whether or not she should give her boyfriend, there's a reason she's asking. She...
actually wants advice. And by deleting the question, the mods could be doing something pretty bad by stopping her from getting useful advice.
Oh sh*t haha, I missed out "a blowjob". Give her boyfriend a blowjob.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• i completely agree that if a teen asks about sexuality it should be left, we want advice! your right, they could do somethiing stupid by not getting useful advice that they need. mods shouldn't delete anything unless it is threatening to someone, people come on here to ask things, not have to watch what they say! I should know, I'm a teen and want advice...another is there shouldn't be an age limit it should be like 12 or 13 max, a lot of kids and teens rather get advice from people closer 2 their age than parents and adults in general. I should know, I needed advice at that age but never got it.

• Well, I think most people need advice at around the age of 15. So I think the age limit should maybe be 15. But that's not that big of a deal. 16 is fine too. The main problem is the people under 18 who need sexuality advice.

• Yeah. But haha, it's more than the risk of catching something... it's the fact that they're moving too fast in their relationship and they're probably not ready for that.

• yeah, I know lol

• I posted 2 questions the other day, and they were both deleted for 'sexual content' because I'm under 18.

Last time I checked, asking if it was weird to think someone was attractive or talking about dogs barking WAS NOT sexual... good lord.

The mods need to chill out.

• Just got ANOTHER question deleted. Their idea of sexually explicit content is not sexually explicit in any way, shape, or form.

I've asked other questions that were MUCH more sexually explicit, but those were NEVER deleted.

I'm almost ready to give up on GAG..

• Haha what was the question about?

Nah don't give up. There are so many awesome things about GAG :D

• I think they are pretty fair in what they do/do not delete most of the time. I mean, there are other questions sites that someone under 18 could ask on too (such as the oh-so-popular question and answer site yahoo! answers). Some of it is really not that bad though, and I suppose they could keep more up.

• Well the thing is, GAG is made for those types of questions. Yahoo! Answers isn't. So this is a good place for people to be asking questions about that, regardless of how old they are, since they do need advice. If they're old enough to ask sexual questions, they're old enough to look at sexual answers, so it's not like the GAG admins are doing them a favor by not letting them get the advice they need.

• adhere to the law.

• Okay, that makes sense, except for the fact that GAG wouldn't get in trouble for not deleting questions that contain subject matter relating to pedophilia. And look at the bottom of the page. "Disclaimer: GirlsAskGuys cannot guarantee the accuracy of answers, opinions and advice submitted by members. Use common sense when following or avoiding any content on GirlsAskGuys"

That means GAG isn't responsible for anyone's answers. So it's nothing to do with the law.

• I picked A,your idea rocks! :D

• moderators can not delete questions. they have to send them into review by the site administators I believe.

• Yep, ArtistBboy told me that down below, but thanks anyway :)

Regardless of that fact though, there's no need to delete some of the questions that get deleted.

• Mods have steel rods rammed up their asses. I've had like four or five questions deleted and they weren't even bad. I've seen a lot worse on this site. Anyway, they need to chillax.

• This happens to me a lot... Its because of the content and your age group. If your under 18 and asking a pretty sexual question it automatically gets removed... Sucks right? Or if other people found it inappropriate... Either way it still sucks...

• man, your so funny!

• Poll is bias

• well of course I voted for y our idea rocks!

but seriously, I do think mods get a bit carried away with the deleting

What Guys Said 6

• Personally, I love to see NEW original ideas that are funny.. Like funny trolls, or funny comments to answers.. etc.. The problem is that most of society lacks a backbone, and that most people can't recognize sarcasm/irony/etc.. They are too busy wanting help that it would never work. Though it's a great idea, and I do wish that there was "humor" allowed back onto this site.

P.s. I'd like to add that a lot of guys take it too far, where they become very offensive in what they say.. Shit like that is plain out rude and shouldn't be allowed

~ ArtistBBoy

• Well yeah, obviously there are certain posts where the QA thinks he/she is funny but really isn't. But from my experience, most posts are actually good.

• As a user moderator, I don't have priveledges to delete questions, only answers and comments that violate what the GAG staff has deemed user-mods to moderate. Well.. In response to questions being deleted quickly, as the volume increases on this site, so do the amount of filters that they employ. If you DO have any feedback for a wrongly-removed question, or wish to speak with gag staff, then the contact link at the bottom of the page is where you can reach them.

• Well no, it wasn't wrongly removed since it was irrelevant. I'm just saying that I think the system should be changed so that even if a post is irrelevant, as long as it's funny or adds something to the site, it shouldn't be deleted. But much more importantly, serious questions asked by people under the age of 18 that are sex-related shouldn't be deleted.

• I voted A... why would you even include option B? Who could possibly agree with that trite?

Oh and you get 5 stars. Man it's a shame you can't get some OT's like on IMDb. They're usually my favorite posts on IMDb.

And I couldn't agree more about the underage thing. It's just making the problem worse. A hypothetical 17 year old girl is preparing to throw her V card out the window and she desperately needs advice... so mods delete her question... she gets an STI and it causes her to become infertile... well done GAG mods!

Plus right, I've asked two questions regarding a 19 year old guy (me) and a 16 year old girl with certain implications (no dirty implications, just advice and mentioning that she's 16). The first one is still up! ...the second one was deleted because it concerned implications of a relationship with a minor... well what's classed as a minor at Fort GAG in ...Minnesota I think... maybe Missouri. Anyway, where I'm at that is not a minor. I had no idea that my posts concerned a minor... well they didn't in the context of my location. But just because 16 is a minor at Fort GAG I am persecuted and that one (not both) question is deleted. I had no idea, and as I said, in my context, she is not a minor, there is nothing wrong with it. It's pretty stupid and as such I'm left struggling to get the advice I desire... sorry if this gets your question deleted now that I've brought a minor into it! Hopefully if anything they just delete my question, but they should not.

• Lol no your answer won't get this question deleted. Anyway, I agree with everything you said, especially the second paragraph :P

• I think I read on the terms of use that questions are deleted for various reasons, and if I remember right one of the reasons was that if a question wasn't entertaining to the community. I'm on my iPod so it's a hassle to go all the way through and read what it says, but I think I remember seeing something like that. I think most of them are entertaining and are a nice way to have fun with everyone on here. Like ArtistBBoy said, I'd like to see a little more humor "allowed" back on this site. It seems to be a little dry.

• That's true - most of them are entertaining and are a nice way to have fun with everyone on here. But for some reason, they almost always get deleted. But another thing on the terms of use says that questions are deleted if they're irrelevant.

• Seriously, moderators only have limited powers, and we can't remove questions. We remove offensive comments, report questions that are in the wrong catergory to administration, and a few other little things, that's about it. But I've seen questions that have been removed for reasons unknown to me that I (personally) feel don't violate the terms of use.

• I have had a few questions removed that were 'just for fun'... non-offensive, all that. Just makes you wonder why mods remove questions that are for fun, but won't remove questions that are overtly sexual (like that guy in Jersey who wants all women to kick him in the balls, etc)

• Yeah. GAG would be a much funner place if the admins kept the fun questions.

• Oxidizer, I've had the same removed for no real reason because they 'violated' terms of use. I don't know why the say mods did it when they have the power-

• What questions they delete are completely arbitrary. Most of them are doing no harm and are just a bit of fun.

• yipyip