Do most girls want to be with a guy for his money?

In the end, when it comes to settling down do most girls want to be with a guy only for his money? Not that their greedy but afraid of not being financially secure to start and provide for their future family? Mainly because of status and fear of facing other peoples negative opinions? Because I have seen even the nicest girls with the most integrity settle down for complete douchebags with a lot of money.

well then let me rephrase my question. Do girls want to be with a rich guy not much for dependence but status even she is well off herself? Since she may find being with a guy who works as a waiter, degrading for her high financial status?
okay girls/guys I don't want any more answers. I've got enough and I want to close this discussion.

Most Helpful Girl

• well its always important to be financially stable for both the guy and girl and their families...it doesn't mean you have to be rich or well off...just as long as you have a decent place to live in, a car and basic necessities

its not a dealbreaker though, if I find out the guy I truly love and like a lot is poor its not gonna change the way I feel about him and I wanna be with him forever

also the only reason the stereotype exists is because back in the day women didn't have jobs and rights as men did...and they depended on men financially so the culture carried over for men to be more financially successful then women...but nowadays its all equal so it doesn't matter women can be successful too and she doesn't care how much money a guy has she makes her own earnings...

one last thing...even if women find money an important factor...well everyone does money is important to go on in life...but specifically women, theyre not looking at money to buy designer handbags or live in luxury, any woman who does well she's shallow and a minority, most women actually are concerned about money because of children...you want your kids to have a nice life a nice education and comfort...its part of the motherly nature in us...because to us, to be a guy and to love a guy we are already thinking of marrying him because we love him, and eventually we want to have kids with him, and being a parent is a lot of work and to raise kids the right way you need money. not to the point to where theyre spoiled but to wear they have a life of comfort, ease and no tensions.

What Girls Said 88

• I can't speak for all other women, but personally, when I look for a relationship, I want to be with someone who I can have a partnership with. I want to be with someone who is willing to contribute equally to the relationship and that includes finances. I'm not looking for someone to support me financially---I'm capable of doing that myself. But I do want someone who has a job and contributes more or less equally to me, because I'm not looking to be someone's free ride. I also want to be with someone who is hardworking and motivated.

I don't care if the person I'm with is rich or not, I'm not very materialistic, but I do want to be with someone who contributes to the bills.

• For me, it is important that the guy has an intellectually stimulating job that he is proud of and in the case of me dying or whatever, he can take care of the kids. If the guy is not happy with who he is the relationship is bound to fail. For example, could you date a woman who makes six figures and is smarter than you? She's getting the noble prize in biochemistry and you are asking people if they want ranch or blue cheese sauce? As a woman I prefer a guy who is better off than me because he can still feel like a man when he is around me. Also a man does not need to be a millionaire but he has to be intelligent when it comes to managing his finances. If he is more responsible he is more willing to have kids with me and I will not need to waste my time with a guy that spends his whole month's income over a weekend.

Money is not the thing... Financial savyness and the capacity to take responsibility for his actions is far more important to women.

• This was how life was 50 years ago. In order to be successful, a woman needed to rely on her husband for financial security. But now? Some women still rely on this way of thinking, but not most. If I am more than capable of taking care of myself, and making my own money, why would I need someone else's? I look forward to contributing to my relationship just as much as my partner will. And in this society, I am just as likely to make a lot of money as he is. No matter who makes the most money, I would much rather settle down with someone who I am happy with.

• I wish I find a girl like you, though I'm not going to be in a relationship and marry before at least I can afford to buy a house and its furniture

• so even if the guy you desire is a homeless dude, would you still choose to marry him?

• I think it would depend on the situation. No, I don't care if my guy makes less money than I do. But in this economy, both partners usually have to work in some way to take care of a family. If he was a stay-at-home dad, temporarily unemployed, or having health problems, then he would have an excuse to stay home. But no one person should have to cary the other completely without good cause, unless the person working was able to support them both comfortably. Again, this is just an oppinion.

• I know that not all girls settle for a guy with money. I want a guy with a job, but that is only because I will have one also, and I am not going to be able to afford a house and family on my own. I am going to college and going to have a decent job when I come out, but its tough to raise kids on your own. I have seen women do it, its not easy. I want my future kids to have a father in their life, and not have to worry about not having food. That is why I am going to school to afford this future for my kids. I will be able to take care of them. But I do want a partner to help raise them as well. As one person can only do so much.

• But then again the main reason you would wanna be with a guy isn't really love and mainly for security!

• No I definitely want love as well. You can think that women only want men for their money. But I am certainly not one of those. I am working incredibly hard in college to get a decent job. I will be working in insurance so I will have the chance to make quite a decent living. If I waited a long time I could probably do it all without a man. But I definitely want someone who I can spend my life with and love.

• Yes, all I'm really looking for in a relationship is an unlimited ATM card and the status that goes with it...

Seriously, I have no idea why men seem to think this and I'm sure there are women out there whose most important criteria are wealth and status, but I don't think it's true for most women. Yes, I want a guy who's gainfully employed in a job that can pay his bills and hopefully one that in the future (if we last) can help pay our household bills and support a family, but he doesn't need to be pulling in six figures in a year. I'm a firm believer in independence and supporting yourself financially, so I'm not really into guys who DON'T work or just work the easiest jobs available and spend their money carelessly. But if a guy has a job he enjoys (or one he dislikes but is looking for a better one) and can support himself with it, I don't really care about his actual net income. Him being happy and doing a job that he gets satisfaction from is more important that his salary.

• i feel like throwing up with that answer...eahh

• srry I didn't read your whole answer

• lol, no worries

• A part of me wants a stable, financially stable life, but I won't go for douchbags, jerks and low class attitude/manner guys, because, they're are so worthless than their money.

Most of that type of girls ended or will end to a unhappy life, I think, I guess... I personally think that, money doesn't really matter in life, if you and your partner is a kind of person who is determined to have a beautiful life, no matter how hard it is to get it to be there, at least you're rich with love and with hope. Love always prevails. What would you do if you all have the money, but you don't have the love. Love can't be bought, it is earned through time, and last a long time, like forever (but money doesn't).

Choose wisely. Love honestly.

• For me, I want to be with someone who is compatible at many levels. Financial would be one of the areas, and yes, that is important to me. In the same way a guy does not want to be wanted for JUST his earning power, a gal does not want to be used for the same reason. I have a doctoral degree, and one of MY concerns is attracting a fella that looks at my earning power and wants me for that so that HE does not feel like he as to work if he does not feel like it.

Also, I would want the guy to earn enough so that if I got sick or incapacitated for awhile and could not work, our bills could still be paid and we could survive that financial blow until I got back on my feet. I would of course support him if the same happened to him. So I do look at earning power in this way:

- does he have a steady job or is he a job-hopper?

- does he make around the same as I do or if not, does he make enough that the bills, mortgage, etc. can be taken care of if one of us gets sick for awhile?

- is he a spender? does he know how to save? does he know how to handle his money?

- on the other hand, is he a skin-flint or is he generous when he needs to be generous?

These are things that have to do with compatibility...

• don't know why someone would give you a down arrow. I find your point well articulated and perfectly valid.

• Watch that skin-flint comment, 'cause I'm willing to bet that mentality could bite you on the ass some day. Smart guys are generous when they can be, but never all the time. You put such levels of extremes as possible options for generosity that one can only assume that you intend for a guy to spend too much money on you...A good guy will spend money when on you when he can, but you're only one piece of his life.

• Comments like this make me want to vomit. First of all, who came up with this idea? Secondly, I wonder if people fail to notice that more women are graduating with college degrees and are becoming the dominant workforce given that women outnumber men in present society. Sorry, but lets get over this idea that women don't hold their own or just care about men for money. I've dated guys that wouldn't spend the money in a relationship I did. There are plenty of great girls out there who could care about money and/or who hold their own and have great jobs and educational attainment. This isn't 1950 so let's stop acting like it and give strong independent women the credit they deserve.

• then why are there so many women who ditch their boyfriends, who happen to be really nice guys and go settle down with big time jerks who are not even her type, who she doesn't seem to have any sort of attraction towards, who've got loads of money. And even if the girl is well off herself, the jerk has a lot more. And the jerk is also so not her type, whose a completely boring guy and mismatch for the girl. Like not a very obvious couple.

• And does that mean that only if the girl is highly educated/qualified herself and is well off herself, will she not be interested in the guys money? What if she is not so well off herself?

• Actually I read some girls explicitly saying that poor guys are wasting their time, on this very site. So he didn't get the idea that far.

• i don't think so. personally my boyfriend is unemployed and I do tend to pay more than him just because my family is a bit more well off then his. he might think I nag but I do tell him he needs to buckle down and find a job and get serious about school so he can get a degree and a steady job. but the only reason I nag is he often talks about getting married and having a family rather young and if you want to make plans like that you should be financially secured. but all the same he doesn't listen to me and is still unemployed and I'm still with him. yeah sometimes I feel as though his plans for us are unrealistic with his financial status right now but I love him so I'll put up with it.

I believe for the most part that it depends on how a person is brought up. Most girls though are looking for love. but if money comes along with love than it's that much better but for those who only look for money in a guy then that might reflect on the values they were raised with.

• Sadly that was a reason my ex broke up with me but she had the plans of marriage and kids before I could get there and she left me because I was "not with her" more like I was not fast enough for her and she went at me...f***ing ripped my heart out of chest.

• Nope. My parents do want me to marry someone with a decent job (they don't have to be rich or some hugely successful lawyer or something. They just have to have a good salary and be able to easily support a family). However, personally I rather be with someone who earns the national minimum but does what he wants to do and is happy in life. Someone who I like for his personality and intelligence and heart, rather than his job.

I am no where near finding the guy I want to marry, so this doesn't help too much. However, I know that the majority of guys I've been interested in in the past aren't rich or even well off. They are just about stable but they are amazing guys and that's all that matters to me. I think this is just because my own career path is something I'm choosing for the love of the job and not for the money. With my degree, I could go into something that would earn me £30k-£40 as a starting salary and go up to £70k pretty quickly, etc. However, I'm choosing something with a £16k average starting salary, which can take like 40 years to get up to £40k, lol. And the reason is because I love it so I can't be a hypocrite and expect the guy to earn a lot of money. It just wouldn't be fair.

• There needs to be stability in a family. Even if I can provide a stable income. But the man needs to be able to bring something to the table not just for me or the children, but for his own sanity. He needs to feel he's contributing worth into the family in a way he can.

Still, a woman is kept bussy with many biological things and a man begins to feel slightly useless if the woman is doign everything in the home wilst also workign and having the children. A man generaly needs to maintain his own dignity to himself, and feel good about himself. This translates into being able to care by providing for his family (children, wife). He needs to feel like the head of thehousehodl, otherwise he will be depressed and emasculated.

• But the real question here is, whether you would want to be with a guy with a mediocre job, who doesn't have much financial status?

• Then you're an idiot and she might be a stalker.

• So there's no way to find out, if she already knows about our money?

• no and it's a sh*tty idea that some guys have. I dated a guy who I talked to about different things including his ideas and throughts on marriage and he believed that women would take half and in the end divorce. it takes someone who was bought up with certain values and seeking a long term relationship that will last. I am not after a guy's money, and there are girls who are after or are not after a guy's money. it takes time to know a person.

i consider myself a nice girl when I'm on my best behaviour, and I have to say I have dated douchebags but I have not depeneded on anyone for money. so but there are girls who do. you just have to search for the right one.

• the problem is even well meaning decent women get bitter and resentful when the marriage just dosnt work out and then more often then not seek to ruin his life just because.

• I don't think most girls settle for a guy with money. Some girls are a bit shallow and would go for a guy's money only without the love or common interests. I wouldn't marry a guy just cos they are rich. However, as I'm neither rich, I would prefer to marry someone with a stable occupation. I would rather marry a guy who worked rather than a lazy potato couch. At the end of the day, someone who I get along with, no matter if they are a multi-millionaire or the guy who works in the local shop. Money isn't everything and certainly can't buy love nd happiness, but I'm sure someone out there will tell me otherwise!

• It depends. I would never ever marry a man I did not love 110 percent. However I know plenty of girls who are infact raised to marry a man for how much he makes! Some girls just want to be spoiled and plan to use a man for cash and cheat on the side. Other women just want to be secure to have a good amount of money for their children. It all depends.

• Not matter how much I will make in the future, I will NEVER settle with a guy for his money.

For his intelligence, yes. His heart, yes. For HIM yes.

I'd rather be poor with a man I love than rich with a man I've got no feelings for.

I just don't take money into account when it comes to love, and I think it's highly disgusting to do so. Money or the lack thereof doesn't change who the person is.

• dweebette ... that's the kind of answer I was looking for... any guy would be lucky to be with you...

• Well I hope they realize that soon :P

• Do girls want to be with a rich guy not much for dependence but status even she is well off herself? Since she may find being with a guy who works as a waiter, degrading for her high financial status?

Yes I'd want an equal career wise.

• What if you uncontrollably/spontaneously fall for a waiter? Because sometimes its very difficult to control or discard feelings.

• Same to you.

At least I know if I ever just wanted a rich guy I have more than 10 that would wife me without a prenup.

Good luck finding your girl.

• get a room you 2

• Honestly? Not all women are alike. If I am going to be with someone I really do not care what others have to say. Just because you aren't the wealthiest man out there, that doesn't make me love you any less. Yes, I would feel better knowing that we are going to make it financially whenever we have children, but we can do it one way or another. Anyways, I'm just saying that I don't date someone based on their job. If they're a lousy bum who dropped out of school and aren't making anything out of themselves, then yeah... that will be a problem. But it doesn't matter to me because I am going to be financially stable on my own regardless.

• I really don't care how much a guy makes if he is trying his best in his career and for me. I am engaged and both me and my fiance are in school right now but my chosen career path makes more money than his, but I am not going to make him change it because that is what he loves doing. As long as we are both happy and secure with what we want to do with our lifes than I don't see the problem.

• I wish I could like this more. I'm in the same boat-ish thing. I want to be a teacher my girl wants to be a chemical engineer ha

• Ha yeah, you can't help what you like :) at least everyone is trying for something they love. Nowadays it really doesn't matter who makes more.

• Only the small minority would go for the guy with status over someone they are actually compatible with. I would have no problem dating a waiter. Actually, I made pretty good money when I was a "server."

• me personally no...reason to it is I hate people giving me money and I hate people buying me things unless for holidays,birthday and anniversary other then that don't but me a thing lol.. I mean hell my boyfriend right now lives in a trailer and I don't think any different of him..if people date someone for there money I say its because they never had it when they were growing up

• NO! One of my closest guy friends - yes, who I like very very much...ALWAYS tries to show off that he has money. He isn't arrogant about it. I think he tries to show that he can provide and is responsible. I DO remind him that he doesn't have to talk about all that. He could be a guy that flips burgers at McDonalds and I'd still adore him. Not ALL girls are gold diggers you kow. The girls you see that go after guys with tons of money have low self esteem. They don't know how to have a genuine conversation or connection with another person. The only person that they are consumed with is themselves.

• Anyone who tells you flat out no is lying. A lot of girls do only care about the status. A lot of girls don't just the same, but a lot of women coming from a successful financial situation look for a man coming from the same for status and to please the family, and will even write off love with the excuse that you guys just come from different lifestyles. Again though, this is only some, a lot of girls don't care and are really after love especially now when it seems even harder to find.

• I'm not gonna lie or sugar coat it. Money is a factor.

Me personally, I could never be with someone I didn't like. Meaning, if I had to choose between the guy I actually liked with the mediocre job and the guy who I didn't really like but who made a lot of money, I'd pick the former. Money doesn't actually make you happy. Rich is not what you have, but who you have beside you.

And well, I'm not rich, nor do I come from a rich family. But it doesn't matter. All that matters to me is the relationship.

• but do rich girls want rich guys as a matter of status and pride?

• Is this with all rich girls or girls who are earning pretty well?

• and what if the girl falls for a guy who is either financially inferior to her or whose coming from a well to do family but doesn't or has a mediocre job?

• I think it is hilarious that people look down on people who wait tables so much. It seems to be a general assumption that we are all stupid and poor. I know there is no way I would be able to survive on any other hourly paid job that I could get without a degree and with no experience. If you are good at it, you can make a lot of money waiting tables.

• Naw. I will probably be pressured and questioned by family and friends. However, I think for girls we value more loved for being ourselves vs some younger guy dating us for our money. Guys can handle dating golddigger but girls have a hard time just accepting guys date us for our money. I think most commonly what happen is rich people tend to hang out more/workers from the same company/etc. I think it is true that if you look at the your closest 5 friends, you will find you are same social economic status. This influent our chances meeting other people out there.

• For me, it's love first. Finances can be figured out after (in a hurry if nec). Will admit it is a bit of a worry though, and if I'm on fence about guy that might push me off. But if it's love, it doesn't matter. We just figure it out after.

I would hate to be with a douchebag with money and no soul. Rather live the hippie life.

• I want a guy who knows what he wants and who has a good job. I don't like when he is a barman or a waiter, because I study hard and I want a good future. But at the same time I'm independant and I'm not after his money..

• Again it all depends on the women. Not all women are the same. I won't settle with no man just for money. A man who can make me laugh and graft if he needs too, who is attentive that's all I need. Some women are VERY materialistic and some are just content.

• This is my personal opinion, I don't speak for majority of the women but I 'm going to school to get an education so I can get a good job that will be able to support the life style I want to live, therefore I don't need a guy that is super wealthy just for his money. But I would want a guy who does have some sort of education so that we can challenge each other intellectually and some sort of job just so that we have a partnership. The idea of money is security and most girls do want security. Call me a helpless romantic but I believe in-love :)

• but if the girl is working as a marketing manager had a choice between a guy who gives her the love and attention she desires and he also happens to be the guy she is naturally attracted to but works as a waiter and another guy who she's not so attracted to and works as a lets say a CEO or has his own business yielding him a lot, who will she chose?

• well it depends on the guy? This waiter.. can he hold up a conversation with me? Can he challenge me and make me think? If so than the waiter, honestly there is a whole lot full of rich guys who are absolutely boring and dead! I would choose the waiter! And than I would influence him to find a better job, one that helps him because lets be honest he won't be too happy if I'm making more money than him!

• education =/= intellect

• I think only a shallow girl whose had everything all her life would do that or maybe a girl who wants to be saved from being lower class. I'm from a well established middle class family and I fell for a boy who would probably never be able to fill me financially but we loved each other and that's all that mattered. My family however hated the idea and made it he**. It was harder on me than him because we had lived completely different lives. How could he understand the pressure I had on me being with a boy less than average even if I did love him. My point is if they love you they'll catch up to you but its hard on them in situations as that being daddy's little girl. If they're like me I was so sheltered I would forget how to pay for myself! They were always with me, always and its scary without them sometimes.

• what if the girl is idependently well off without her parents finances? Having her own job that gives her that status?

• More from Girls
    58

What Guys Said 36

• It depends on the girl. But lets think about this. Guys do this as much as girls do, but for different reasons. Now lets look at this reasonably. Status matters, money matters, looks matter, and how you carry yourself matters. This is so that a girl can "judge" you for how much of a "man" you really are. Girls sell themselves to the highest bidder, especially if they have been put on a pedestal by guys out there. There are some girls that say they don't care about that, but when they are put in the situation they backpedaled. The fact is that girls are attracted to money, power and fame. While a guy that has money can be a douche bag, for some girls it's better than the alternative, the good guy that doesn't have much.

Off the subject. Guys want girls that look a certain way, that will do certain things, and give them what they want sexually without question. When a guy meets a girl, sometimes he knows that she is looking for certain things. Then the game starts. If a guy says he's a doctor to a girl that has turned down other guys because they weren't up to her "standards", she gets with him, then she finds out later that he isn't a doctor, who is the one leading who on? For the girl, she got with him only because he said he was a doctor, and the guy knew that so he told the story. If it were about how good the guy was in the first place and not about his status he wouldn't have done that to get the girl.

Now, are all girls like this? No, and hell no. But the vast majority are and they don't want to admit to it. Many are materialistic and try to put it as realistic, then try to play victim when they get "played" by guys that put on the high maintenance act. Some girls figure that if they are going to be with a guy, there must be an equal trade of value. So some would rather be with a guy with money and be financially secure and not love the guy rather than be with someone that doesn't have much money but will give them real love.

Since some girls figure that all men are the same, they think they should have a well off one and have sex with him for the trade of value of being financially secure. As far as girls that already have money. Why do you think that women that have money say they don't need a man? Since they earn the money themselves and for the most part don't like sex, they think that everything they want is already accomplished. People may not agree, but it is what it is, and facts are facts. As I said, are all women like this? No, and hell no.

• Of all the girls I have dated (sadly it has been quite a few) I have found that girls from the middle-middle class and lower class tend to not really care about money and want a guy for who he is (otherwise they never would have dated me) and that girls from the upper-middle class and higher class start to care more about money because they want to continue to live in the same or better setting in which they were raised (a huge problem I have had 3 time and has caused me not to want rich girls anymore). This being said, isn't a slated fact, its just a trend that I have seen in my own life and the lives of many of my friends

• I'm interested to read all these responses talking about how "money doesn't matter" and "I only want to love them and have them love me back". Yet when you look at marriage statistics and the rate and length of successful marriages, they often correspond very closely with the financial state of the couple. Now I would never marry someone I didn't love with all my heart and soul, but if they had little ability to provide for themselves, let alone contribute to the family unit, that's just asking for bad tension down the road. Many young people love quoting the Beatles with "All you need is love", only to turn around and see that the majority of divorces occur for financial reasons. Is it the MOST important factor? No, but it's pretty darn important.

• While capitalism isn't nearly 100% fair in how it distributes money relative to everyone's effort and ability, it is fair enough that if you really make a focused, consistent effort, you can become pretty successful, which invariably brings in the money.

Therefore a man who isn't very successful isn't going to be as good a provider for a woman during her child bearing and rearing years, and girls are pre-programmed by nature to look out for this along with other male attributes - just like a mama penguin would absolutely need a papa penguin to be good at catching fish and keeping things warm, and what not.

The girl could be a commie-leaning socialist despising middle class etc., but when it comes to her children, those would be invariably well fed, diapered, and schooled. Which altogether, it has been estimated, costs about as much as a yacht.

• That's why the elite are ALL people who worked their way to the top... lol

• Shaun, the competition for success is great and the chances to fail are many. There are plenty of people who are smart and hard working enough to be rich but aren't. At the same time there are plenty of rich people who have inherited it or got super-lucky. If this bothers you, you got born on the wrong planet.

There's nothing wrong with getting super-lucky, but "while you wait" it helps to do your part i.e. work hard and persevere on your own. And girls respect it.

• There's always a girl or guy out there who will be with someone for money. Waiting on them to die to take part of the wealth. I mean, for me. I went to one of the most expensive boarding schools in the world and I went for free. So I was privledged to have gone with some of the richest kids with famous parents. I mean, I would look at their mom's and ... MILF came to mind.

So, yeah there are gold diggers and women who marry for Money. Men don't do it so often I believe, never seen a guy do it really except for Hulk Hogans ex wife's dating some 20 year old guy that could be his mom.

So yeah, there are gold diggers and douches out there.

• no dude this is called straight survival instict... we just went through Americas first 30 year period of divorce w/o shame ... so we have a whole generation being raised to protect themselves by at least securing income... Its not always the girls fault... its actually asubtle psychological reaction to environmental conditions and instinctively animalistic. and if your woman makes more money than you in this country ...you will either be her bitch or her gigolo. Seriously bro... Things aren't more complicate d than animal planet... and most girls ...even the ones with degrees and money aren't that smart... If you want agirl who wants you for your mind... Marry a Geek or A nerd or an artist... I don't use these as a derrogatory terms as I myself own a tech company but seriously its a jungle out there and you gotta decide ...hunter or gather... either that or step your game and learn the art of seduction... if you learn that... no matter how much money you make you will never be alone... I know you've seen knockouts walking arm in arm with the ugliest man on the planet... You'll find that seduction and a good sense of humor can put you in the driver seat... I was quite the manwhore in college so unfortunately I know these things... I now have a daughter so I am teaching her not to be with guys like you... or me for that matter... The standards I teach all the women in the class I teach

1 substitute for dowry: good income 2 degrees BA/ MA ( why? women want to feel stable and there is nothing a woman resents more than financially supporting her man... they all say otherwise but the womens lib movement wasn't about equality at all it was about domination and they won

2. must have an IQ over 140 or at least be smarter than you ( reason : women are naturally intellectually curious and you will bore them quickly and they will cheat even if their the pastors wife if a guy like I used to be comes around))

3.)cultured. I tell my girls to stop accepting dinner and a movie.choose fine cuisine and the opera even if you don't like fine cuisine or the opera.. set your standards higher than you really want and you will always get what you want.

4.) if you wanna make sure a guy really loves you keep your legs closed... and when he begs just hold out your ring finger...and tell him 2 belong there and smile...60 percent of my first class got engaged in 6 months.

so yes money trumps love every time in a world with a nearly 70% divorce rate

• Every person is different. People look for different things in partners. Some find money important, some looks, sense of humor or a combination of many things. Money can't hurt though who doesn't want a stable person to be with. But in the dating world today it is obvious that many women fall for jobless, carless, druggie losers all the time. So it isn't needed. I think having a job, working hard, and taking care of your responsibilities is more attractive to women then the ability to buy expensive things all the time.

• No not necessarily a rich guy, let's face it in today's time with our economy being rich just isn't happening for most people. Women want a man who has a goal in life and works on achieving his goal. They don't want a guy who has no goals in life and just sits on the couch all day and does nothing, while he still lives with his parents until he is 40.

• Theoretically speaking all woman are Gold Diggers, they might deny it, but in the end, on the long run any woman would much more desire to be with a man with a fanatical status than one without one.

Let's face the cold hard truth we live in capitalistic country "U.S.A, for most of us" money is the fountain that feeds life to our consumerist way of life if we therefore have no financial infrastructure how will we feed and nurture our youth, how will we live a comfortable life away from heart aches of added stress.

Women tend to go after the alpha male the being with the absolute power. "well at least the smart ones do" A man that on the long run will provide her with the most basic necessities in life, if your broke and still work on a low income paying job the hard cold reality is that you will not be able to provide your loved ones with all their needs. U.S.A suffers the highest divorce rate out of all countries in the world and the number one underlying issue that plagues 90% of those divorces is "you guessed it right" MONEY ladies and gentleman.

• of course money matters do you think donald trump would be dating models if he didn't have that money or tiger woods sleeping with 100+ women

the amount of money a guy has determines the time type of women he dates.

there is a reason why homeless men can't get woman no matter their personalities

• Hmmm, lots of females answered this question just like lots of females answered the question "What exactly do girls bring to a relationship" that I read before somewhere on this site. Interesting...

• yes they do but the don't like to use the word money, they prefer to call it things like security, education or generosity. at the end of the day its all the same thing, money so don't be fooled.

• money isn't everything in the world, but it is necessary. Some girls would like a guy that can earn more money than themselves so they can provide an income for a future family, but for a girl to like a guy only for his money, they would be called gold diggers, but not all girls are like that. Some girls may like a guy that earns more than themselves and may like the guy for something else as well, so not just the money.

• The reason girls often go for guys with money is not just because girls have dollar sign glasses but because money is usually associated with security, and girls want to be with someone the can feel safe around. If a guy is financially well off, a lot of girls know that if they end up having kids with him he can provide for the family or if they don't have kids she still will feel safe being with him.

• many do. there are easy ways to sea woman gives a hoot about you. does she sexually suprise you? does she ever spontaniously rub your kneck or back? if a girl is a true give or true take take taker you will know if she wants you for your money. I would have to say that about a third of woman do want men that only for their money. just guessing. another third want stability with love and last third just follow their heart and go with winners losers etc

• African, Arab Asian & most Eastern European (on high average) put great emphasis on financial success when they marry.

First world women tend to put less emphasis on it.

• You see a lot of women who work minimum wage jobs and act stuck up, materialistic and hard to get. Definitely confuses me and makes no sense lol

• I think the vast majority of women would not settle with someone for money. There are those that put their material needs and lifestyle above all though.

• You shouldn't ask a bunch of stranger this and instead just create your own personal tests to figure out if the girl is a gold digger or is has a good heart.

• Yes.

• Men should pay for EVERYTHING...money matters!

• I believe you answered your own question.

• I think it all comes down to nature. Sexual preference. I don't think anything else there is. Both men and women chase money. But they won't make it if they really are seeker.

• If you plan to have kid's you got to make good money to support her since she will be taking care of him during the day.

• no man its all about looks

• No. Usually when you're in your 20's the female makes more money than the male.

• Coz the women are more responsible and proactive than guys?

• Guys take awhile to pull their heads out of their asses.

• Because at that age girls use their bodies to get jobs, and mouths [both] to get promotions; an yes, that is based on 7 of my 'friends' . So if you say otherwise..well I know I'm right for 7 our of that supermarket o.o"

• Man seriously most of the girls answers are pure bullsh*t!

• I give one more answer, so what?

• Not all of women, but MOST of them, heck yes !

• yes, see hugh heffner.

• More from Guys
    6