Do guys notice things like nail polish, shoes etc. on a date?

What else do you notice on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• finger nail polish is kinda nice if its in a nice Vivid color ,

Toe nail is barely invisible,

Shoes, yah I'm the kind of person who looks at shoes, but I don't know if everybody does

What Guys Said 39

• Generally I don't notice those things at all, and if I do notice her nails then that's a bad thing because I don't like anything so extravagant it would draw my attention. Shoes? Not really. I just check to see she's dressed properly for the occasion and leave it at that.

What DO I pay attention to? What she talks about. And if we're eating, what she orders. You'll laugh at this but I always found it to be a MASSIVE turnoff when I'm out on a date and a girl orders a very small helping of food. If I'm treating, I'd rather see her indulge! Says to me she's not afraid to loosen up. Besides, a girl with a bottomless pit for a stomach is cool on a level there are no words to describe.

I also pay attention to her cell phone. Or rather, whether or not she goes for it. If she at any point during our date pulls her cell phone out, that's a dealbreaker for me.

• hmm yes, but would you want your date to have a good body? a "bottomless pit for a stomach" makes for a very very big stomach.

• That would be awesome =)

• Cell phone is important. I hate when a guy tells me in advance he doesn't like when a girl checks his phone yet does it. I'm like wtf, OK, I'll check mine, too =) My ex did a good job of not texting on any of our initial dates, but when we got in a relationship and he completely ignored every call and text, I couldn't help but be suspicious. He could've been courteous, but not that courteous because it seemed like he was hiding something. After our break-up, he was all over his phone =\

• Don't get me wrong, I like women to look beautiful, I like to be 'wowwwwed' :) but I also like to let her feel relaxed around me, not feel as though she has to look gorgeous to please me, I'm obviousley attracted to her or else I wouldn't agree to go on a date with her. As long as she's clean, well dressed, has made some sort of effort (just as I would have done, it'd be me doing all the grooming, cleaning my shoes, trying to impress I assure you :) ) I'd be pleased. Dates lose thier pirpose if you're not relaxed, you've gone out to enjoy yourself with a person you're interested/attracted to... so be relaxed and enjoy :)

• We do indeed notice these things. We also notice clothes (of course). Everything a girl would notice, a guy will notice. Although, we don't necessarily care about some of them. Keep in mind that a guy may sometimes overlook some of these as they don't spark his interest. It varies with each guy just as it does with each girl and depends on where their interests lie. Personality is the main thing. We also spend a great deal of time trying to keep the girl satisfied so that's the main focus.

~Distant

• I know I do. First thing I notice is hair, shoes and how much skin you're showing. I'm attracted to hair so that's pretty simple. I look at shoes depending on where we're at to get a feel for where she's at. If she's rockin heels than I know are uncomfortable there's a damn fine chance this women is willing to see where this going and wants to lookin doing it. I also look at how conservative you're dressing. If you're rocking a really cute outfit with some nice cleavage I know you've got an agenda. Pretty much your overall presentation I give an honest look over.

That being said... I treat my appearance the same way. I won't expect you look clean and fresh if I don't look clean and fresh.

• I as an artist notice everthing. It is not to judge, I don't care about the style of shoes or the color of nail polish. I think women are walking works of art. The delicate hands and feet, their bone structure. the way her eyes sparkle. The way they flip thier hair. I have been at parties and have met twins that have told me that their friends and parents had trouble telling them apart and I could always tell the difference right away. a freckle- the nose is just a little different-- a pencil scar on a cheek. I notice the pupils when they dialate -- when they are interested in what you are saying. Every man is different- but I am amazed when some women friends tell me that their husbands don't even know when they change thier hair styles.

• boobs are what give a women her charm I love big boobs and I love perky boobs I love all boobs, but that's not what you look at on your first date you notice how she talks and how the vibe she gives match with your own. and if she has low self esteem if she does well then ill try to complement her in any way ( like your boobs =D never works ) if that don't work well then you just enjoy your short date and never call her again but she calls you have to go because you never brake a womens heart.

• I notices nail polish, shoes, overall style. I tend to pay attention to makeup around the face. Girls that cake it on I sometimes suspect confidence or self esteem issues.

• Yes, I like it when a girl wears nail polish. I always do because I have a habit of looking at womens hands because it tells so much about the girl. If she has her hands balled into a fist she is tense and that means she feel uncomfortable. I mostly like to see a womens smile and facial expressions though.

• Hmm, good question, I would say as far as your examples, I look at her fingernail polish way before I would ever look at her shoes, simply because we're likely to be sitting at some table and her hands are out there in the view. But personally, the first things I notice is her hair, eyes (and eye liner/shadow), and lips. Then, well, here's a little secret, I look at her upper arms, a girl's upper arms are a good indication of how fit/strong/thick/weak/thin she is. But I guess that all digresses to the body parts, you'll find that men are more interested in certain body parts than they are clothes and makeup, that's why most guys just like anything that is tight and short. Oh and on a final note, regarding the shoes, I typically won't even look at her shoes unless they are a 'dressy' sort of shoe, like an open toed laced black heel, those are the hottest shoes I'd say, especially if she wairs nail polish, and for that I like the black or blue nail polish personally :)

• Depends on the guy, most have certain things they like.

I don't care about nails or shoes or clothes or purses or glasses or lipstick or makeup(though well-done makeup applied in moderation can be nice looking sometimes).

I like well-done hair and a light touch of perfume on occasion. I don't think I'm typical though.

• Do I notice shoes? No, shoes really don't mean anything to me, sorry ladies.

Do I notice nail polish? I will eventually notice, more likely if it's like a really bright colour, but it won't likely mean anything to me.

There aren't too many little things that I will specifically take notice of, however I do try and take notice to see whether or not she put a lot of effort into how she looks. This helps in giving me an idea of 1 if she really is trying to impress me, and 2 if she's high maintenance. Truth be told, there aren't any real secrets that I can really think of that you can do, but if I get the sense that you're really trying to impress me because you want to be with me, that counts for a lot.

• Looks and grooming is important but behavior, manners and attitude matter more.

• I pay attention to how much eye contact I receive when I'm talking.

• yes we do notice and we like it show us that you keep you self up and you what to look good on are date and we need to do the same for you because woman notice how we dress as well and if you what to go out with them on a 2 date or not

• The face and then boobs, usually in that order.

I prefer less makeup and less fancy dress, so I'll notice if women use a lot of nail polish and gloss and nice shoes, but not positively.

• to be honest I study her, because she's so beautiful I know all her stuff, if she wears new shoes one day I can tell but I typically don't say it because id look like a f**, same with nail polish etc. I see it all my eyes are like a f***in hawks

• im a guy I notice everything, we are hunters we do it naturally, just because we don't find it a significant conversation piece doesn't mean we don't notice

• yes, we really do notice these things, especially when we really like that girl, you'll compliment everything about her appearance :)

• as long as you have made an effort in your cloths and smell nice most guys are just happy that you showed up

• Nail polish, maybe, though I don't really care unless I think it looks ugly. Shoes, not unless they're a problem (like you can't walk in the grass because you have high heels).

• So, yeah, as you can tell, none of these guys really care. lol

They basically just use your clothes to assess how much play they could get from you.

• smell, attitude, demeanor, intelligence, values, awareness, spirituality.

• I check out eyes first every time... not just for colour, but in these times for signs of drug use/abuse. Hands are a close 2nd... a gorgeous woman with "man hands" really bothers me. (and not just from the Seinfeld episode.) lol

• I definitely do. I actually notice nails and hair more because I believe if a girl has nice healthy hair and nails that she knows how to take care of herself in the inside as well as the outside and that's a must for me for girls I date.

• i think girls that worry about those things are stupid.

cause I couldn't care less.

• i do, and how she dresses up

• yes I look at eyes then hair and how much skin is showing and I can tell when a girl wants to take it slow or fast by how they dress for there dates

• Im gonna go ahead and be the first guy to be bold enough to say boobs. We ALWAYS notice that.

• i notice her outfit, sure...esp shoes...its my own PERSONAL thing -- I don't like open toed shoes -- but if she does wear them and has ugly feet (or toes) I am totally grossed out...

• we do notice and appreciate that, but it is a turn off if she wears too many makeup

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 11

• I've heard a guy like a girl's nails done, actually any girl's nails done, and another didn't like flats, he liked high heels. I say if you don't like me for who I am, not what I where, this isn't going to work because I'm not changing.

• Yes, from my experience Yes guys notice nail polish, shoes...perfume or no perfume,

hair, makeup, they notice the details. But most likely the overall of you.

What else...well I hope they would notice me the person as a whole...

What I say, my voice, face, eyes, hair etc.

• I doubt I would notice if I were a guy. It was rare that my guy ever noticed nail police on my toes .

• I did not know that the police would nail polish on for you girl,s lol

• I never read any books or see movies where the guy is all 'She had on the most fabulous hot pink stillettos and purple finger nails..." unless they're describing someone nuts who can't color code. I think not.

• They notice if you look that crap, besides that, no.

• well they don't pay much attention but if you glance at someone with make up on of something eyecatching you think they look better but its because they put effort in to make it that way. you can dress up a little bit but not to much tht is try hardish so just be natural and your fine aye lol

• i think guys notice overall grooming

there was a study that showed men subliminally find a woman more sexy if she's wearing red nail polish. I tried red nail polish, my boyfriend didn't say I looked extra sexy or anything ha ha so I don't know.

I know my guy notices outfits but not shoes or accessories unless he bought something for me and I'm wearing it. My boyfriend also notices makeup but that prob just cause I'm a makeup artist so I change my look every day and he has his faves.

He also noticed when I changed my perfume which I thought was cool, he knows my smell haha

• they sure do!

• A had a guy tell my best friend that he noticed that I didn't get my cell phone out and that got bonus points.

• I would give bonus pnts for that too!

• I think they do. Which can be good and bad.

• my guy noticed when I had chipped nails

• wow that's a guy with an eye for detail

• yeah. not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though