Short dresses, what do you think about this?

So last night I went clubbing and there were so many girls walking around wearing the shortest dresses, so short that their bare butts were showing..:S...why do you think they do this?..there is other ways of getting a guys attention...

ps I'm not some prude.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are under the misguided impression that any attention from a guy is good. Then guys come up, chat them up and expect a one night stand and get surprised when most of these girls have no intention of going home with them.

I think when you send off such strong sexual signals like this you attract the wrong type of attention and if you really want a guy to notice you and date you, you are better off looking more like the girl next door than a streetwalker.

What Guys Said 19

• They have no class. They would do anything to get attention. Then, when they get chased in the parking lot, they blame the guy.

• Those women like to see men/guys fall for them. They like to see a man quickly walk up to them and ask them out. They could also be in the mood to be with a guy immediately. Some could have a great butt and wanna show it off to other girls that don't have a great butt.

Its much more funnier when guys like me react to women like that. the other day a girl (that is a manager) was wearing tight pants and tight shirt. I spotted her and she spotted me, she had told the guy cashier to look 4 the price comparison and he found it right away but she said no and to look again. The girl was maybe 25, the cashier and I spoke candidly (said she had a nice smile and some other words) and I walked away not giving her any attention. today I went back 2 return a pair of pants that didn't fit me and she dressed much different and acted much different. I would have approached her but she was always around people

• Efficiency?

• I'm not a prude either, N short dresses can be cute N stylish, but THAT short, I'd think the girl was trying WAAAAY too hard N while I might notice I'd be turned off in terms of approaching her/GF material...

• It's an easy and effective means of getting attention. Other ways involve more effort and, god forbid, the possibility of rejection. Just show off the goods and you'll have guys all over you, especially at the club.

• bro y do you think they were short dress to a club they what us guy to check them out because they what us guy to go up to them and talk to them and see if they can take you home and to bed that is y they do it and guy like she girl,s in short dress be side,s don,t you think it a true on for you to see them in short dress at the club I know you do most of us guy think me may just get lucky and get to take a hot girl home with us and have a good time for the night

• Because they are shy and lack self-confidence to approach a man. These women only have their looks and rely on them solely. Lets face, we guys like it. Girls notice that, in hopes that man will come and talk to them and then they have the power to choose. There is a lot of competition out there, and getting a guy's attention from a dress can give a lady the advantage she needs. There is a war out there...a war of who can dress the sluttiest.

• If a girl was shy, she wouldn't have the confidence to show off her assets.

• Disagree. A lot of girls are much more comfortable showing off their body vs. talking to or approaching a group of guys. Its kinda the look hot but don't say anytthing approach in hopes men will talk to them.

• Look you don't have to dress poorly to get a guy. You can dress classy and still be attractive. Sounds like you are chasing younger boys. Older ones have more class and taste... Just my two cents...

• Attention getting for sure...its a huge tease

• They dress like this to get attention from men but they attract the creeps that goes with it, approach with the attitude your out of my league and you should see the results :)

• girls just want attention.

• All I can say is SLLLLLLUUUUUUTSSSSSS! just pure attention whores.

• I love girls in dresses. Usually not loose dresses. Short or just above the knees.

• Hot! But slutty and sorta trashy.

• If a girl dresses like that she is going to get noticed by guys but its not necessary.

• I don't find you attractive in any way at all, so I wouldn't like you in a short dress. No offense.

• thats nice, this question had nothing to do if I was attractive or not, I see you don't have the guts to say that without being anonymous.

• how did you go clubbing at 19?

• because I live in canada ;)

• oh...where do you live?...are you just not into that type of things?

• ontario, and I guess not

• men are visual. the girls believe theyre best assests are their legs and butt. so they probably covered up on top. remember, you don't need to be modest but you don't need to show a bunch of skin. we want just enough so that there's a little mystery

• If the legs and ass are truly fantastic, this could look great, but otherwise it's a bad, bad idea.

What was the case for most of the girls you saw like this? Could they pull it off?

• umm..this was a while ago...but I remember a few of them couldnt...a few of them were bigger..

• ahahah @ spinach in your teeth...but honestly couldn't they feel a breeze?

• I'm sure they could! And on a hot day, it pobably feels nice! But yeah, it looks like hell if you can't pull it off!

What Girls Said 18

• Nope, I am 100% with you on this, and yeah its pretty much just to get guys attention!

You could say 'hey look at my great body' with a slightly longer dress and still have it shape you.

The thing is, that just because its 'short' doesn't mean it has to look tarty, I mean a sophisticated looking dress, that is just above the knee, can still look classy. Its all in the way you wear it.

But I don't like the kind dress that is practically a shirt...what happened to the days when girls actually WORE clothes? I always think more looks better...

My mother always used to say to me, if you keep having to tug it and put it back into place, then you're not comfortable in it, and its too short.

(I think we have all made the mistake of wearing something a 'little' too tight. I certainly have this probably sometimes with tops, because my boobs are big, and I have a couple of extra pounds, but I am small in person, I find it hard sometimes to find the 'happy medium')

• I'm quite sure there are other ways to get a guys attention, but showing off your stuff is by far the quickest!

• It's because they lack self esteem.They want love and attention but are going about it the WRONG way.Yes,they WILL get probably the most attention ONLY because they are coming off as EASY.So guys may work their game all night with those girls...so they can get laid.But afterwards,they will likely drop her because they only view her as a hoe and another notch.The conversations concerning these kinda girls are never good.So...continue to be a decent girl,it will definitely pay off.

• Well, when I go to clubs I try to look good, but I'm not trying to get anybodies attention. I just like having some time to go out with my friends and be able to dress up because it's rare that I do...and you don't often see people that go out to clubs looking like poo. Besides that I usually wear short dresses just because it gets sweaty when you dance. If it was ever that short I always put shorts underneath. That's not attractive...it's just slutty.

• Because there DTF.

• A girl is not automatically DTF for wearing a short dress. what are you girls? nuns? :P

• Your right! I have no idea why I answered like that. I must've been in a weird mood. :/

Only thing I can think of is probably for attention.

• immature, thinks it's cute, wants a attention that night, or some just don't realize how short it is in the mirror sometimes it's OK but don't realize when you walk and dance, etc. how it rises up and actually looks on you. But basically it's just what people see on TV and at clubs and think it's an "ok" attire to wear to a club. wouldn't call them whores may be a bit nasty especially on those who don't have the body to wear them

• Those girls are basically letting everyone know that they're desperate for attention and that they can't get a guy's attention without being trashy.

They'll be getting the creepers' attention than rather someone decent.

Someone who would be decent boyfriend material would be be turned off by that. They're showing no class or responsibility at all.

• Sometimes I like to wear short dresses. It looks good if you wear it correctly. As long as your careful and don't wear something too short your fine. I will agree though, it is a bit slutty when your ass is hanging out... If your careful it's fine. Clothes don't make a slut, actions do.

• short skitrs ok... but shirts that are so short you can't bend ove3r without showing the world your crotch NOT COOL if I wanted to see a girls crotch or ass I would look at p*rn, not something I would want to be going to a club to see inless its a stripd club

• They're desperate attention whores. Just ignore them, they have no class.

• i don't get it either... I guess they wanna show the goods... and they don't trust on their faces...or maybe they want guys grabbing the goods I don't know lol

I find them brave actually

I hate when guys focus on my goods and not my eyes...even if its all covered

• yeah, that type of girls cannot get the attention out of that butt tight dress and showing most legs.

I do not go to clubs in dresses so that I can dance. and it's always all eyes on me.

Nothing pleases me more than girls' jealous eyes. lol

• to be honest, I think it's trashy but hell of a lot of guys will show these girls attention, it's how the majority of them work and the more attention they get the better it makes the girls feel, sad but true.

• i hate when girls do that too! I think they do it to get attention and I think some of them seriously don't even notice because theyre used to it or something?

• to get some cheap attention. I usually get guys checking me out even with my clothes on, this is just sad. I don't go around in short dresses unless I'm with my boyfriend or just hanging out with the girls but I don't like going to clubs for this reason, some girls try too hard.

and if you're not getting guys looking your way without using skanky clothing, well, it's not a good strategy, well it is depending on what you want, a cheap hookup sure.

I'm not a prude either but it's a place for nasties and some genuine people who are trying to have fun. but yeah I don't want to accidentally see a girl bend over, as a heterosexual female, no thank you...

• No kidding! I've see it too, and some girls have cellulites and It looks disgusting! I tried to do it once, just to see what it was like, but I felt so uncomfortable that I'd to change and I wore jeans with a nice top instead! I have wore dresses to clubs but no higher than four fingers from my knees. (and that only happens 4 x year), 99 % of the time I'll rather wear jeans, and even wearing jeans can get the guy's attention!. Also, if you're at a club, being a good dancer helps! :)

• legs are hot...apparently

• have you heard of the show jersey shore...thats your answer..the downfall of american television

• haha..yes I do know jshore..hopefully soon it will be over