Do you like my prom dress?

I'm thinking I should lose like 5-10 lbs. Do you think that would make it look better?

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that if looking slimmer would make you more confident then you should try to lose the weight. An easier option is to buy some shapewear. Like the ones I've seen in magazines that attach to your strapless bra, cover your whole stomach and go down your legs to midcalf. Or you could buy one that fits like high waisted shorts like spanx. They really make girls look good with the before and after pics. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 32

• If it is not too late to answer this, I am curious what your hair color is. That color may not go with certain hair colors

Your bust fills it nicely without saying "HERE'S MY BOOBS!".

It slopes in nicely and fits your waist.

One thing is to make sure you always check what it looks like on your butt. If it makes your butt look bad, you can forget the whole thing.

My wife apparently has me watching too many episodes of 'America's Next Top Model' these days...

• I think you look gorgeous as you are; you're definitely going to turn more than a few heads at prom. My vote is that you don't need to lose a single ounce.

However, that being said, if you would feel better by losing 5 lbs, then go for it. If you'd feel more confident after having lost 5 lbs, it'll reflect in your face and give you that perma-glow that makes you look even more beautiful than you already are. It's all about what makes YOU happy.

Just don't go overboard and go anorexic, okay?

• awww how sweet

• :) you're so sweet. where could I find a man like you?!

• Sorry, you'll have to come to the other side of the Pond to find us. If you do, however, there happens to be one, conveniently located just minutes from our main international airport, right in the heart of Downtown Toronto! Let your personal guide show you the CN Tower, take a short trip to scenic Niagara Falls, laugh at all the people with the funny Canuck accents, make jokes about the Toronto Maple Leafs and American beer (Canadian traditions), it'll be a blast!

• That's an amazing dress and if that's you in it, it looks perfect on you. I don't think loosing any additional weight can change that. I don't think it will make you look any better or any worse. It's more important to ask how you feel wearing it. If the dress doesn't feel right or you don't like the way you look in it, maybe a different dress? I'm fairly certain your prom date will have a tough time keeping his mouth closed and make sure you bring something to wipe the drool off his face. :)

• That dress on you doesn't look great.

That's my honest opinion.

But every guy and girl have their own taste, just like me.

The dress makes you look fatter ( No offense).

I think you should look and try more dresses.

I really don't thing you need to lose weight.

Just get another dress.

• I wouldn't say fatterr...she looks fine. great! I think it flatters her figure..the only thing that may be a problem is that it looks a little tight through the bust-shoulder area

• OH, THAT'S PRETTY! If that's your picture, so are you, and I think you look AMAZINGLY PERFECT in it now! If losing the 10 lbs will make you feel better about yourself than do it, but if it's just to look stunning in that dress, there's no need...

• I know your worried about it so I'm not going to remind you that I think it looks good like everyone else is . If you are that worried about it them loose the LBS you want to or simple get one of those things girls buy that lace up to give instant curves it goes from your hips and replaces the bra so it does everything now this may give you the desired look you want but I think you wear it nicely as it is and shouldn't worry. Buy if you are get a corset I believe that's what it's called to give the Shap you want good luck Enjoy your senior porm it's a once and a life time event so don't stress about looks just enjoy your night and take home memories that will last a life time

FYI it's a very pretty dress your date will love it just make sure the flower thing he brings matchs your dress orange is different so a red rose would stand out to much

• Fabulous dress.

Yes, even though too late for prom, 10# off would a goal to begin for swim suit weather.

You would add undergarments that tighten up your waistline and push up your breasts but not so they are too exposed (under 18er).

Looking to enhace the outer female curves, make them as dramatic as possible is key.

No, you are not cheating - watch Gone With The Wind dressing scenes & undergarments for Draconian methods - yikes.

Less drastic options are easily found most anywhere.

Having no luck? Then try Victoria's Secret or Fredrick's of Hollywood.

• Thanks! I still have a month and a half before prom though.. so I can lose the weight. no worries

• Even with weight loss, shop for those "cheaters" suggested - they are made to enhance formals and create lasting memories, photos

• I think you already look great in that dress. You don't need to lose any weight

• Love the curves lol. Exept you could loose alittle bit of wieght in a few places (constructive critisism no offence). But you still look good.

• It's beautiful!

• I think you look awesome in it. I know that if I had seen a girl like you in that dress at my prom, I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes from you and would be trying to get your attention.

• To each their own, obviously. I think the colour is awful personally, but I'm sure my fashion sense is not in line with what the kids are wearing. I don't think you need to lose any weight though. It seems to fit you just fine.

• ignore that loser. I think you look great in it! its a nice dress too!

• haha thanks! And I'm fine with constructive criticism, he wasn't being mean.

• i REALLY love it when girls wear colorful dresses. Anything that's not black or white is sexy to me

• looks hot I like it

• I'm more of a minimal smooth black dress person myself. 5-10 would help you but I doubt it will make a huge difference you look fine right now

• nope, you need to lose about 30 off your mind that is. I'll see if I can take some weight off to help. You're fine, in fact that dress looks quite flattering on you. Don't feel like you're too heavy, because you're really not.

• I like it, and think you look beautiful in it. if you want to lose the weight it wouldn't hurt anything, but I don't think it's necessary.

• As most other people have said, you look great in it. You don't really need to lose weight. But if it'll make you feel better, then feel free to (plus it's healthy to be working out anyway haha). You'd be perfect just like that in your picture. Have a great prom! :)

• no

• PRETTY =P lol yeah what's the guy gonna wear are yall matching? I think it looks good you don't need to lose weight though either way is cool

• I don't really know... he'll probably wear just black and white. Orange would look bad on him, so maybe a nice deep blue...

• looks good, don't be so self conscious

• Long dress!

• usually prom dresses are stuck in the 70's. the guy that said you need to lose 30 pounds is either a man lover(which is fine)or is rejected by women on a daily basis. this dress is pretty and you look fine. no need to lose weight. have fun

• no

• I like it as is! =)

• Tone. Get healthy. Learn martial arts. Will help if mugged.

• It looks alright

• Yeah, it's pretty long though.

• i think you should try losing 15-20 pounds. I can tell you are pretty chubby

• I lost 10 before prom and I looked lovely. Prom is over now though.

• 1-) I don't think she's overweight.

2-) Group Psychology is why you're getting so many down arrows now. Even if someone agrees with you, they will still down-arrow you to "blend in" to the group. It is a subconscious thing.

3-) Oh, yes, I down-arrowed you too, but it's because I really think she's fine.

• i think #3 is because of #2 :P

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 46

• What the heck is with all you girls nowadays who want to walk out of the house looking like a cupcake or like you threw your grandmother's curtains around your waists?! Hunny you don't need to lose weight, you need to lose that dress!

• This may be somewhat off topic but why do all prom dresses look tacky and outdated? I'm from Australia and we don't do 'proms' but we have our equivalent. Nobody would wear a strapless dress with full bodied skirt in such bright colours., frills, glitter etc. I personally would go for something more classic, elegant and cocktail-ish. Timeless - so you won't regret your choice when you look back in 5-10yrs! By the way I just googled 'prom dresses' and most look hideous. So maybe it's just my opinion... whatever you choose be confident. Good Luck

• I am going to two proms actually, my first dress is a classic 50's style femme fatale red dress, this is my fun dress.

• it looks great. the color is gorgeous with your skin. don't lose weight, you wanna keep your boobs for that style of dress imho.

• Gorgeous!You will be so stunning in it!

• hm... how about something shoter and maybe in... hot pink?

i like your skin color. I'm sure it would look awesome with hot pink.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO. ABSOLUTELY. NOT. lose weight.

• It's a gorgeous dress! I'm not a fan of orange but this looks really good on you. Definitely wear it. If it fits then just wear it like it is, it looks beautiful and you don't need to lose weight. If you were thinking about losing weight to make it fit better then I'd recommend just getting it stitched to fit. You don't need to lose weight!

• I love it! You definitely do not need to lose weight for that

• Maybe just use another bra, that doesn't clinch you so much...then everything will look just right. =)

• I LOVE the top part with all of the sparkle stuff! I had a dress similar to that color for my junior prom and loved it. It looks nice for your skin tone too. You don't look like you need to lose any weight to pull it off!

• I showed it to your friend, he reaction was AWWW that's so pretty, and mine was the same. You look great.

• Thanks! That's so cute that you showed it to your friend :)

• Of course, and it's awesome don't listen to haters. Cause that's what they are and they're doing- hating on you and your amazing dress.

• The colour isn't personally my taste but the dress is beautiful and looks great on you, defiantly don't need to lose weight

• it looks very pretty! :)

• I like everything except the color. It's a little too much sherbert for me. Otherwise, it is very pretty!

• 5-10lbs should be okay :) Lovely dress :)

• this is late, but I don't think you need to loose weight, the dress fits you very nicely. orange is my favorite color! but I do suggest a nice tan if you want to be able to pull of bright colors.

• i like the orange color and the style of the dress. I don't think you need to lose weight. From the picture you look perfectly fine, and I'm sure you look beautiful in it :)

• i personally am not too fond of the dress. though you look absolutely lovely :) I'm sure you looked stunning the night of your prom. did you have grand time? my prom wasn't too great considering my date ignored me the whole time. but the after party was fantastic!

• Aww I'm sorry :(

This prom was okay, the after party was definitely more fun.

• I tried on that dress in red, its very pretty and it holds everything in (weight wise) only thing I would worry about is upper body, your arms (if you aren't in shape, I don't know you and haven't seen you so I couldn't judge) but you don't want fat hanging over the arm part

• love love love the dress, my prom dress from a few years ago was that same style just in dark red. but it looks great on you, and you don't need to loose any weight : )

• You look gorgeous, don't need to change one thing. Your flawless. [=

• This dress fits you well & sure, everyone that looses 5-10 pounds looks better in their clothes, but I think this dress fits your silhouette really good without loosing the weight... You look good girl ;)

• very cute..I really like the color! I would never think of getting an orange dress..but I gotta say it works!

• You look like an absolute PRINCESS.

No, don't loose weight. Your beautiful in that dress.

• BEAUTIFUL DRESS!

- No I don't think it would look that good if you lost some weight, I think it would look like a bag then...

• No. I hate orange and I hate frills. You could trip and die in that thing.

• I don't think I will, at least I hope and find it unlikely that I will haha. I appreciate the honesty, I know orange isn't everyone's favorite

• be careful I wanted to lose 5 to 10 and I lost it all in my boobs and butt

• Aww I love it! I don't see that you needed to lose any weight though. Hope you had fun!

• i think its beautiful and it looks gorgeous on u!

• omg!

this dress is so beutiful!

• Cute dress (: My dress was coral. (:

• More from Girls
    16