Are guys OK with not wearing makeup or do they care?

So guys like girls who have a natural look and don't wear makeup. I just wear mascara and that's it do guys not like that or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Make up that doesn't look like your wearing make up. Make up that enhances your looks instead of adding to it. that is the key my child...that is the way...

What Guys Said 26

• The best, most attractive kind of girl is the girl who doesn't need cosmetics to appear so.

But I understand what you are saying - some guys love girls to plaster their face with makeup, and other girls feel the need to hide behind a mask of makeup as well, but I'll never like it. Not even for special occasions like weddings.

I'm one of those who like the natural look, and my girlfriend never wears makeup, and she looks beautiful all the time..even my sister, who thinks the more makeup the better, says she looks very pretty, and got pissed off when I told her she doesn't wear makeup. Result!

Okay I'm rambling, again.

It depends largely on how much mascara you put on, if you put on so much that it does actually look fake or alters your appearance drastically, then I wouldn't like it. If you are using a little bit to simply add colour and such, I probably wouldn't have too much of a problem with it,

But yeah, I'm one of those 'loves the natural look' guys. :)

• To be honest, it looks better to most of us if you're natural. I would much prefer to see a girl who looks like herself, not one who slaps on the stuff with a trowel.

• I PREFER girls WITHOUT make-up... Girls should be natural beauties... not 'fake', 'bought of a shelf' girls :(

• it is a matter of preference, such as do you like tall slender guys, or big brawny guys,

mustache, no mustache, hairy or hairless?

I like the natural look, but some women can do really good make up, and have a different looks for many occasions and I like that also. but too much make up all the time is not my preference.

it's like seeing your guy in the same 3 piece suit all day everyday.

• Makeup can be really pretty, but if a girl prefers noit to wear it. yeah I can deal with that. It's what makes her feel good...

• I can careless about the make-up. Make-up just mask the true beauty beneath. If you know your hot, don't hide it, just show it! Good Luck.

• I don't give a flying pig's ear if you wear rhinoceros toenails on your eyebrows. Wear whatever the hell you want, some will find it attractive, some won't get over it.

• I think that true beauty does not need makeup, and I rarely can tell the difference even with side by side photos.

• your under 18 so most guys your age won't realize it anyway. As for makeup the more natural it looks on you the more noticeable and better reaction you'll get from us

if you go and add too much on you and you think you look fine men can actually think the opposite and think you look more like a clown..

good luck

• Mascara is exactly what I have issues with.

"Eyes are the mirror of the soul", as a hungarian phrase goes.

If you bend a mirror, the reflection will not be as pretty.

• My ex wore makeup only a few times in over two years, and I thought she was gorgeous. If we think you're beautiful, putting crap on your face probably isn't going to be favorable for our opinion.

• I like a little makeup now and then, but sometimes I preffer natural. If your trying to impress someone thought, you might want to wear a little. If its a BF, he'l definately appreciate without sometimes.

• if a girl looks bad without make up I won't even look at them x_x pink eye lids ewww

• now I feel terrible since I have very dark circles around my eyes -.-

• depends howyou waer it wear it nice and not noticable then your good but I put on make up no one ever confronted me not makup but a dry skin fomula sorta likemak up my skin gets dry without it

• Natural for me all day

• I prefer it.

• I prefer the natural look.

• Thats fine.

I don't mind if a girl wears make up, if she needs it to make her self more confident & comftable then by all means use it.

I just don't like it OTT like fake eye lashes and layers of make up.

• It doesn't make a difference to me

• makeup increases attractiveness, it's just a bonus

• Little to no makeup is preferable for me.

• I like girls all painted up. But I'm a LOT older then you.

• Whatever makes the girl look hotter

• personally, I hate make up

• Most guys don't pay enough attention to see mascara so don't worry about it

• Im a big fan of natural I mean a little make up is cool but some girls cake it on like a clown

What Girls Said 18

• MY THING WAS MAKE UP, IVE BEEN REFEREED TO AS THE ARTIST OF THE EYES, ONLY BECAUSE ANYTHING AMAZING WITH EYESHADOW I CAN DO, SO I LOVED PLAYING WITH MY EYE SHADOWS, IT WAS MY THING. I ALWAYS GOT COMPLIMENTS AND LOVED IT WHO WOULDNT. I CAN DO ANYTHING FROM NATURAL LOOK TO A DRAMATIC SMOKEY EYE, IT NEVER LOOK CAKEY OR GUNKY, NO THAT IS JUST NOT PRETTY. BUT I DID NOTICE THAT THE MORE NATURAL I WENT WITH MY MAKE UP THE MORE LOOKS I GOT FROM GUYS (IN A GOOD WAY). WHEN I MET MY BOYFRIEND HE ALWAYS TOLD ME HOW BEAUTIFUL I WAS WITH NO MAKE AT ALL. HE DIDNT LIKE LIPGLOSS CAUSE IT WAS TOO STICKY HE SAID, HE PREFERRED CHAP STICK AND HE SAID I TASTED GOOD LOL AND HE DIDNT LIKE TOO MUCH MAKE UP CAUSE AS HE WOULD SAY "IT HIDES YOUR TRUE BEAUTY I LOVE YOU FOR". NOW IM A WOMAN OF MY OWN MIND, SO I PLEASE HIM WITH LESS, YET I DRESS MY EYES FABULOUS WHEN I FEEL THE OCCASION IS PERFECT. ITS LIKE PULLING OUT YOUR BEST OUTFIT FOR THAT GREAT DAY OR EVENING, YOU WANNA SHOW IT OFF LOL. IT WORKS AND BECAUSE ITS NOT ALL THE TIME, HE LOVES IT CAUSE HE KNOWS THE NEXT DAY HE GETS TO SEE ME FOR ME, AND I STILL GET TO PLAY DRESS UP WITH MY EYES. ITS A WIN-WIN! :D :D

• by natural they mean not overdone not necessarily no make up at all. they just don't like you to look like you're going to the Grammy's when you're just going to the mall with them. Sometimes they won't even realize you have it on it looks so natural. A light powder, with some light mascara and some colored lip gloss and maybe a hint of blush is natural to them.

• I was dating this guy. He wasn't even my boyfriend. We were watching movies at his house when I fell asleep in his arms. Well actually, I was gonna take a nap, then he was supposed to wake me up in twenty minutes and take me home, but he ended up falling asleep too. Anyway, I woke up, with no makeup on at all, and the nastiest piece of matter in my eye yet he was still kissing me all over my face, my mouth, my shoulder, pecks on my nose. When I said "...I look a hot fckn mess lol" he was like "No you don't" and gave me a big kiss.

So the right guy won't care one bit :)

• they like make up...they just don't know it

they just shouldn't be able to see your make up. if its super blatantly obvious and put on wrong theyll notice. honestly your fine I wouldn't worry at all, since most people already have black eyelashes guys won't really notice..

make up is like street art. it makes a crowded ugly city liveable. make up makes our busy lives with imperfections seem a little more beautiful for two seconds. its a nice thing.

• no make up is what makes a woman beautiful. a man loves a independent beautiful woman.

i personally love to wear make up. but with out make up it gives you beauty and your own character because no one is the same..

• the guys I know prefer girls with little make up on their faces.

• Ahhh believe me, men might say that they don't like girls with makeup but they go crazy when they c a girl looks very beautiful with makeup. just don't put too much, it's nice to make it natural yet beautiful.

• It is better not to wear too much because it messes up your face. If you would see most models without makeup they are actually ugly. Makeup is just a way to trick men into thinking that you are something you are not.

• That is so true!

• I do wear make up but I make sure I look natural and to age myself a little. I look ten years younger than what I am. If it was not for that I would not wear make up just to make my face become nasty looking with out make up.

• make up doesn't make you any less of a person or any more of a person so its just opinion based I guess, I don't wear anything but maybe chapstick and people like me just fine

• My guy friend doesn't mind makeup unless it makes you look like a clown. He tends to prefer a more natural appearance. I'm sure it varies from guy to guy though.

• lol guys think they don't like girls who wear makup, they do, just not girls who aren't good at putting it on. I get more attention when I'm wearing eye shadow then when I'm not. Honest

• NO, that statement is false. guys like girls who LOOK natural. So if you apply makeup well and it looks natural, they'll think you're not wearing makeup (what do they know?) and think that you're naturally pretty and go about spewing crap.

• Thats fine some girls don't really need make up

• Hmm the guys I've gone out with don't seem to care. But then again,we rarely go out;-)

• Natural or semi-natural are the best options. Guys who want girls with all that fake crap on their faces are fake themselves.

• I've heard guys hate girls wearing too much makeup.

• if you're hot, they won't care either way

• Wear what ever you want and whatever you think enhances your beauty.