Which is the best body part for a girl to get a tattoo?

Recently I've been thinking about getting a tattoo but I'm not quite sure what design and which body part to choose though I have some ideas. I am quite slim and I don't think a big tatto would suit me, so I'm thinking of something small like a flower or a butterfly or smth like that. As to which body part is most suitable I hesitate among the back of my shoulder/neck, lower back or ankle though may be the back of my shoulder is a favorite. Pain is not an issue. I will endure it. So what do you think, where on my body should I get a tatto and what design would suit me most. (I woluld like smth symbolic and uncoventional though not strikingly extraordinary)

I will appreciate all answers from guys and girls though people who have experience in tattoooing or any other art form will be very helpful. Anyway a great idea can come from anyone )

Most Helpful Guy

• Forehead. "I will regret this sooner than I think". Spelled backwards / mirror image.

Be sure to pick a nice font.

------------------------

Sorry for the sarcasm. Many people think ink is sexy - you mark up a perfect body, kind of violating it, for the sake of getting attention. Some of those people genuinely think tattoos are okay while others (guys) would accept anything conspicuous on temporary / casual girls only. More so in the case of tramp stamp tattoos.

I think dragons and hearts and mermaids and butterflies and kanji (Asian letters) just scream "even for a tat on my own body I could not avoid a cliche)

Something cool and futuristic would be interesting, like a QR code (a square barcode type patch, google it) that actually works. E.g. if scanned with a smartphone it can contain a link to your FB or home page or other info.

• I have two tattoos. Neither of which you can see on a daily basis and both have meaning beyond a butterfly. I don't wear shorts hardly so the tattoo on my calf is hidden 99% of the time. My tattoos are one for my mom who passed in 06 and another for my daughter who was born in 10. I think tattoos aren't meant to be sexy they are meant to be a representation of the things dearest to you. Neither of mine are for attention also. Just a thought..

• Now that's funny! lmao

• hey honey even m planing to get a tatoo fr my mom...suggestions.

What Guys Said 38

• The bottom of your feet would be best.

• Any body part that's usually covered up.

(by clothes or by your natural fur :D )

• make sure it means something, you DO NOT want to regret a tattoo...id recommend waiting until you've thought it out, remeber you'll be living with it for the rest of yoru life

• I completely agree. My first tatt was a dare, stubborn me got it and now I regret it.

• It's hard to say what design would work best, because it should be something that you like, and I don't know you well enough to make such a judgement call. As to where to get it, that depends on what you get. For example, say you want a flower. Something like that would probably flow best with the curves of your body on your leg or on the side of your torso, as opposed to your shoulder or lower waist. Alternately, things like angel wings would, because of what they are, would be best suited on the shoulders.

What kind of things do you like? What motivates you? What gives you that far away gaze or makes you giggle like a five year old? That'll help give an idea of what kinds of designs to recommend.

• Where on the body, maybe somewhere on your back higher up or on your shoulder or on the hip, the calf or legs somewhere, or on butt is nice. If you care about where you want to work in the future or if you care about what people think about you, then probably somewhere unnoticeable under clothing. Plus if you plan on having kids or maybe gaining weight, don't get it anywhere that will be affected by pregnancy and weight gain (stretching), IE the stomach.

What type, probably something with some personal meaning. I've seen too many Asian symbols or tigers or daggers or sh*t like that. But things that have some interesting juxtapositions or something not the norm and original to you is probably the best thing to have as a tattoo, seeing as it's on you forever so-to-speak. Probably good to really research it and check out different shops before deciding.

More from Guys
33

What Girls Said 15

• I think any part that's not going to be streched out by the time you're 70 is a good spot. A tat is 4ever and it's meant to look good, so look for a place on your body that makes the tat look good 4ever. As far as what you should get...you should have some idea of what you want. Otherwise you shouldn't get a tat. It should mean something to you. Maybe a person, a symbol. Something that is unique and nobody else has. Hope this helps! (:

• i would get my arm done

• You should get your tattoo on your back for a few very simple reasons. The skin on your back is least likely to stretch with weight gain/loss and ageing. And you can cover it when you need to look professional. (Unless I go swimming with a group no one even realizes I have a full back tattoo except my boyfriend).

But whatever you get make sure you believe strongly enough in what it represents that you are willing to defend your choice to get it. Because your decision will be challenged.

For me:"Never give up. Never give in. Impossible is only one perspective."

• Butt cheek, like me! :P

• No, thanks... my butt is too sexy for this :P

• Are you saying my butt isn't sexy? lol

• I think the most important thing is that you get a tattoo to express something, not just for the sake of having one. I got one on my hip when I was 16 and I regret it - because it means nothing. On the other hand, I have one covering my shoulder that I designed and I LOVE it. Think it through, and think about what you want your tattoo to say. That should tell you where it would look best, too :)

More from Girls
10