What about girls with hidden tattoos?

I've seen questions about tattoos and piercings, but this is my own variation. . .

I really like tattoos; I see them as a form of art. I don't have any, but I plan on getting a few in the future. I know there are people who don't like tattoos, or who make judgements about people based on them, but I would only get a tattoo in a place that I could cover it easily.

I wouldn't walk around showing my tattoos all the time; basically, you would only see them if I wanted you to. Is that still a turn-off?

Most Helpful Guy

• define "hidden".

tattoos that are in places that are hidden if you dress up nice but are shown off when you dress more casually can be cool if they're done right and of specific things can be cool.

but tattoos that are in places that can only be seen when you're completely naked, or by someone who's currently having sex with you at that moment, I think that's kinda trashy. just my opinion.

but don't go by what I say. I have an unusual stance when it comes to tattoos. to me, tattoos, piercings, and jewelry are all things that go against my personal beliefs because I don't believe in purely decorative things.

• For the most part, I'm talking about your first definition. But I don't think there's anything wrong with a person getting a tattoo that they keep to themselves. It doesn't mean they only want people to see it when they're naked or having sex. I want to get a tattoo on my hip--I obviously couldn't put it on display, but I wouldn't want to. If I did, I would get it somewhere else.

If someone did get a tattoo for the sole purpose of showing it off when they're naked, yeah, that's kinda trashy.

• I just think logically =) and logic tells me that tattoos are art. art is meant to be shown off. and the only person who ever get a clear view of that art is someone in the aforementioned situation =)

• That's funny, I think tattoos are art too, but I don't think of them sexually. . .such a guy thing haha

What Guys Said 7

• Ok, to me it depends on what kind of tattoo, where it is and who it's on, some tattoos I think are flat out gorgeous pieces of art, but to me they are a little too permanent, when you age so do they when ur skin droops so do they, but some places on the body are less prone to wrinkling and saging and such, also if it's just some lewd/obscene tatto of some chick getting screwed, genitals, or something just plane stupid like the typical skull with a snake. To me if you're going to have a tattoo have a reason behind it better than "I like it". To me females are supposed to be a work of art already, maybe I over idolize the female and sometimes the male form; but 99% of tatto possibilities on females just take away from that existing piece of art, some enhance it or are added "bonuses" so to speak. I hope this helps.

• That's what I did, was get 'em where I can cover 'em with a shirt. When people finally see my tattoos they're usually like "oh cool, wtf is that?"

And I think it's cool. And just get a tattoo that you like (not a trend tattoo, lol) and I'll probably just be like "that's interesting."

• I could never get a trend tattoo, I hate following the crowd. Plus, I couldn't get a tattoo unless it had some kind of personal meaning.

• Lol they're my favorite flowers, but I'm allergic to pollen and can't keep them around. So, that's kind of my solution to the problem in a way.

• I think that's cool, it's an interesting solution.

• Well, I think all tattoos on women are sexy, so I say go for it :)

Don't let anybody tell you what you can and can't do with your skin!

• Ya it's a turn off to me. I never liked tattoos it's people injecting ink into their skin it's gross. I was looking at a womans leg once and I made my way up to what looked like the biggest scab I have ever seen I thought she had some kind of cancer on her leg or something when I noticed it was a giant nasty tattoo. I quit looking in a hurry gross. Who marks their body up with something they know they won't be able to take off?

• Hell no it's not a turn off lol!

I think that tattoos give a hell of a lot of character especially to a girl and especially if they are sorta a secret and the guy finds out just out of the blue. Guys love girls with a bit of character and secrecy to them.

• it depends on the tattoo if its a butterfly on her upper thigh or a peace sign on her butt in fine, but if its something like a skull and crossbone that says death to her ex-boyfriend then I would be a little creeped out

• Butterflies and peace signs are so common! I would get something more original.

• Make sure its something sexy but not too flashy and keep it hidden some guys like the secret tattoo

• Not as much, but it also depends on what the tattoo is of I guess. I swear if I see another butterfly I'll go crazy.

• Haha butterflies are way too common. I want something more original.

• Caterpiller.

What Girls Said 1

• I have four, all meaningful, even if you wouldn't know it when you saw it. But I always make sure that I'm able to hide them when I get them. If you want them, then go for it! This might sound way too feminist, but who cares?! Some guy out there will think it's awesome and love that your strong enough to know what you want.