Why do girls pluck their eyebrows?

I love 'em big and beautiful. I don't like caterpillar eyebrows and I do prefer that there be 2 of them, but I love it when they take up a big area.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thought it was the most pointless thing in the world... especially when they pluck all of the hairs then draw them back on again!

Girls need to really think about WHY they're doing this stuff. Just because some stupid magazine said you're not beautiful unless you have fake eyebrows doesn't make them right. Just because some male fat cat said you HAVE to be visually appealing to be successful/happy/whatever doesn't make him right... you're going through all this pain, wasting all this time, who are you doing it all for?

• I have no problem with women wanting to look more attractive, I"m guilty of it myself. I'm just saying that natural eyebrows are far more attractive than penciled in ones.

What Girls Said 10

• It's just a fad, but some girls have super bushy brows. A lot of people do go overboard tho, usually because some other woman or magazine convinces them to.

• Hmm, I agree, I like eyebrows that are a bit more pronounced. Trust me though, even if girls do have big eyebrows, they almost always need to pluck them at least a little so they don't get out of control. Personally, I maintain mine but don't mess with them too much.

Some people are better suited to thinner eyebrows though. Or they think they are, anyway, haha. Whatever.

• If you don't like unibrows, then you'll find that a lot of girls have to tweeze. <-- better wording. lol Personally, I like when mine are threaded. It makes my face face feel fresher.

• I have scary caterpillar brows, so I have to have them waxed once a month. However, my brows still aren't small. A lot of people tell me they're still too big.

• i've noticed that too a lot of girls are doing I think its okay if it looks natural but too thin isn't that attractive. I think they do that because they think they have hairy eyebrows

• i guess it's the style, it's what perseved as being attractive, I pluck when it starts to get outta shape, but I don't think I get carried away and no one wants to see a unibrow lol

• Can't say I bother with mine, but I guess it really feminizes a face, and makes it look quite neat.

• Big eyebrows don't look as good as thin eyebrows in my opinion. Very few women can pull off big brows, skinny brows look better and more groomed for most girls. My brows are naturally thick but I pluck them so they're thin and it frames my face better.

• to keep them clean and trim

• Some girls leave it thick and some go with the thin ones. Each girl has a different taste

What Guys Said 2

• I like these female eyebrows:

link

;)

• lol its also happen in Asian and since long.