How do you cover up dirty hair?

When your hair is dirty and you have NO time to wash it, how do you cover up the smell/grease when going out?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you take baby powder or baking soda (dime size amount) into your palm and put it on your finger tips, massage it on your scalp and it will soak up the oil. But this is mainly to get rid of the oil at the roots and although its better than nothing at all, you should wash it!

If you straighten it a lot (I do) and don't want to fry it entirely but can't make it last for more than two days, take a comb, wet it and run it through the greasy areas (like the bangs, the hairline) and then just blow it/straighten it :)

What Guys Said 1

• this is gross, why would any girl do this?

• Shit comes up. Once I came home from the gym and was about to shower when my friends invited me out to dinner. They were going to a restaurant I really wanted to go to, and they had already left their place so I only had time to change clothes.

• I stand corrected. Lol if a girl cares enough about her appearence to go to the gym then I suppose it could be over looked every now wnd then ;P

What Girls Said 11

• Dry shampoo! It's great. Or if you don't have that on hand, baby powder or cornstarch will also work - just sprinkle a little in near your roots, let it set for a minute or two, and either brush it through or just kind of fluff it out til it blends in.

Or if all else fails, a headband and a little bit of perfume to make it smell good.

• A lot of the other girls suggested this, but dry shampoo or baby powder are good for soaking up the oil. Also, updos hold better with dirtier hair than clean hair, so put your hair up and it'll look stylish and no one will know it's unwashed.

• 1. Dry Shampoo!

2. Put your hair up! ( use a headband or something)

If you don't have dry shampoo, use baby powder instead, it soaks up your oil. Then just spray some hair spray on your hair when its upside down to add some body!

• Tying back in a tight ponytail is the best way to cover up any greasy look. You can use slides to decorate if you feel like it. As for smell (I don't think this is generally a problem but given you asked) spraying perfume (I use Body Shop Vanilla) on your hair brush and brushing it through is the simplest way.

• I do hair spray it makes it less oily you are able to style it easily and it smells nice too so no one notices.

• For grease I heard baby powder helps but you have to be careful of it looking white. For the smell I guess some perfume or something of the sort. Just don't go overboard.

• either put it in a messy bun or just wear a cute hat =]

• you could you dry shampoo. or a hat.

• shake a little baby powder onto your hands, rub together, then run your hands through your hair roots. it makes it smell better and look/feel less greasy. or you could use dry shampoo which does pretty much the same thing, and lots of dry shampoos have nice perfumes in them.

• use some leave in conditioner with a good perfume (like those cheap cons from v05) and wear your hair up

• baby powder

• What exactly do you do with the baby powder? How does it work? Doesn't it make your hair white?

• It makes my hair look grey so dry shampoo is the best option.