Guy friend randomly texted me how much he rates me out of 10?

he rated a negative 3 and said not interested. Randomly out of no where, and he doesn't drink ever. why would he do this! help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone must've told him that you were interested in him and he felt the need to give you his input without verifying it. Maybe someone told him that you gave him a rating he wasn't pleased with? All in all, I would assume someone told him something negative coming from you. It may or may not have been true, of course. Don't let it get to you.

~Distant

What Guys Said 1

• He's going through self problems haha. Forget him. He'll see what's wrong with his life soon enough.

What Girls Said 5

• I think maybe someone took his phone and decided to cause some issues by sending you that. I think you should ask him about it..maybe calling so you can hear the voice, rather than text, cause you never know if its someone else behind the phone that will be texting back.

• yeah... I think either someone else did it (by taking his phone away) or confused you with someone else.

• Umm...? meant for someone else?

• You need some new friends, hun.

• Your friend texted you this? Slim chance, but could someone else have taken his phone away momentarily? He could have also meant it jokingly, although admittedly it isn't very funny.

Either way, it may be awkward, but I would ask him about it, playfully maybe.