I started dressing better now I have no friends?

I am a bit of a late bloomer. In high school I had a ton of male and female friends but now that I am in university I mostly have male friends. Senior year of high school I developed more and I started dressing more stylish. Suddenly, when I got to university I just Haven't been able make any close female friends but I have tons of guy friends. Has this happened to anyone else?

What Guys Said 1

• Girls tend to have an opinion on how other girls look and dress. They may be jealous of your latest "developments" and now see you as a potential threat when trying to attract a guy.

~Distant

What Girls Said 1

• try different circles of girls. some might see you as a threat it's true girls can be petty, but some also might just think you would never be friends with them because you're so 'fancy' looking compared to them that you wouldn't have anything in common or you're just a snob, unfairly so, but if I was dressing like a normal college student in my jeans and tshirt uniform in my flip flops and the girl next to me looked stunning every day I'd be thinking she'd way out of my friendship league.