How much does what someone is wearing play into your attraction to them?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being it has no effect to 10 being an extremely big effect...and WHY...

Most Helpful Girl

• I only really notice when a boy dresses REALLY nice and then I find myself more attracted to him because a more clean-cut, put together, I guess "preppy" look is what I find attractive and just makes him overall more appealing in my mind's eye. So 10.

But on the same token, if a guy can't dress well I don't really notice unless it's AWFUL. Like Nikes with dress pants or something to that effect. And then I find myself weirded out... So 1.

So basically, I only notice if it's on one spectrum or the other. Most of the guys I've dated have been okay dressers and that's good enough for me. Average in the style department doesn't do anything for me one way or another.

What Girls Said 8

• 10 but it's not about how expensive the clothes are,it's about the fact that we express ourselves through clothes so it matters.seriously,you can shop at goodwill if you have to you should just know how to match stuff really

• I'd say 6-7, but I'm not picky at all. I just like it when the guy's style fits them.

I go crazy for a guy in a cool leather jacket :p

I know it's cliche haha

My fav : punkish, hippie-ish, hipster-ish and generally original but well-fitted.

• 7. What a person wears can indicate the way they present themselves, and I think a lot of people would prefer somone clean cut and well-dressed.

Then again, there are SO many things that are SO much more important than clothes.

• putting it a different way if you saw two people on a date and one person was wearing pjs and the other was dressed up wouldn't you make your own conclsuion that the person dressed up was classier than the other in pjs..i say 10 for me

• 10.

• 8-10 it has a big effect.

If a guy is average looking but really well dressed, he becomes more attractive.

If a guy is average looking but has no style then I won't notice him. I prefer guys who know how to dress and look good. It shows that he makes an effort and I prefer that over a guy who don't care.

• maybe a 7-8? because I do find it to be important in first impressions and all that, but then again if they are just an average dresser, then it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• 6-7 because it tells me he cares about his outward appearances a bit if he dresses a bit appropriately or in a style that fits him.

What Guys Said 6

• Put it this way.. The difference between someone I would vote (based on appearance) as a 7-8 and someone I would vote as a 10 - is most commonly their clothes. Accessories/hair styles/etc..

So does it play a role? Yes, a large one.

~ ArtistBBoy

• 7-8...

• 10. Can't go walking around looking like a ... Yea

• 6-7 just cause

• 1-2

• Oh? Cause I don't care. As long as the clothes are clean and such. I really try and strive to be the least shallow person on the planet >.> Sure I've got some level of shallowness, but I really don't think I'll care about what she's wearing. It's interesting when people dress unique and it's cool if they dress really elegant, it's cool if they dress casual. I mean, the only thing that's kinda "blah" is if they seem trashy and even then I'll at least talk to them and see their personality.

• Oh, I will add that, while the actual appearance doesn't matter, sometimes you can tell personality from how they dress. Don't take it that you know for sure how they are when you see someone and how they're dressed, just note that it's a possibility they are that kind of person or not and give em a chance and find out yourself what they are REALLY like if you're interested in them (be it a guy or girl for love or friendship).

• 6 for me because well just because I don't know why