Why she kept looking at me?

I have been talking to this girl and I really like her and I'm trying to figure out if she likes me. We usually playful insult and argue and tease each other and that's just the way we are with each other. Today I felt like flirting (real flirting, not teasing and making fun kind of flirting) we were walking and I asked her if I could call her beautiful, she kinda looked away and said no. As she said it, we walked past a pole, but each of us was on different sides so we couldn't see each other. As she said no, I stopped and looked at the place she would come into my sight if she kept walking, but she didnt, she peeked a little to the side of the pole to look at me and our eyes connected then she hid, the she peeked again with kind of like a smile and our eyes connected again and she hid again, the last time she peeked I was pretending to look somewhere else and as soon as she noticed I wasn't looking at her, she had the widest smile on her face and kept walking lol. Any idea what this means? Its like she was trying to look at my reaction, it was so obvious with her head peeking and looking at me lol. Could it be she is OK with the name? Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• She's definitely flirting. But next time don't ask to call her beautiful. She said no because she was probably caught off guard, and embarrassed. Maybe she thought you were teasing her? Anyway, next time just come right out and say she looks beautiful.

• Well, I meant calling her beautiful as kind of a nickname (I have a nickname for her, but I was just lightly hinting that she is both beautiful and that I wanted to keep calling her that) she said no once before, so this was the second time I asked and she said "what makes you think I'll change my mind" and that's when I stopped and looked kinda bummed and then she kept looking at me trying to see my reaction lol.

• she's teasing you. she wants to know if you really consider her beautiful, or if its just a silly nickname. which I take that it isn't. it does seem like she's interested however

What Girls Said 2

• lol guys are so oblivious to flirting. YES SHE DIGS YOU. A LOT.

• SHE IS IN LOVE WITH YOU, YOU'RE SO IN!

What Guys Said 1

• it's a game..wow really nice. I'm no good with this kind of game though.