Why on earth would girls get a tan?

Seriously, many guys actually think it's nasty. Natural light skin is really what guys prefer in girls, so I don't see why girls would even bother to waste their money. Just picture this: orange or brown skin with blond or red hair? Ehhck.

Found an article: link
.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Spanish and make sure that I never get to dark. I think if I did I would look ugly.

• You're not the only one. There are many girls who had beautiful white skin, but had a tan and are now kinda ugly!

• People make fun of me for it because I look white even though I am spanish but I rather be light and look good then be darker and ugly.

• Read the link. Now I know for sure not to get tan. I don't want to be ugly. The worst part about it is that I will have to wear sun block to stop it because I tan very easily even though I j am light skinned naturally.

What Girls Said 8

• That's just like, your opinion, man.

And mine too, coincidentally. I like my skin pale as f***. Not everyone does though, so don't state your opinion like a fact.

I just really dislike when people say, I DON'T LIKE IT, THEREFORE NO ONE ELSE SHOULD.

• It's nice to hear that, as I'm naturally super fair :/ But even if I wasn't, I wouldn't tan- it's kind of stupid (if you go too far). It's like the new smoking.

• girls get addicted to how the tanning bed feels. at least that's what they say, I haven't ever tried it myself. but the worst is when girls tan themselves really dark and then bleach out their hair. icky

• lalala, I've heard that a long time ago, so I never bothered sitting shirtless on a hot day under the beach sun. Plus I'm red head, so I don't tan like other girls. And yes, I've being told by guys they like my pale skin. Least it's a change from what they're familiar with

• Media, girls believe it adds to their sex appeal having a "healthy" glow but once they become addicted... they turn orange.

• Are you saying that Latina or African American girls are doomed then? I agree that fake tans are totally unnecessary and often don't look good, but I think naturally dark skin is divine!

• Well, why do you think caucasian girls get the most attention from men in the first place?

• I don't think they do.

• because they like it.d oesn't matter what you think, it's their body

• It's really narcissistic to act like your opinion is the measuring stick for what all other guys find attractive. Just speak for yourself. Obviously fake orange tans aren't flattering but a bronzy beach glow is hot.

What Guys Said 6

• i don't know what chicks your seeing, but trust me, when a girl tans just right... its SOOO damn sexy. too bad skin cancer will eventually come back to them

• Speak for yourself, brosef. Many guys here, and in Western society, like their own thing but tan skin is a common thing for many of us. In Asia, it's the opposite- pale skin is desired. If you don't like tan skin, then find a pale skinned girl and leave the tan ones to us.

• i agree

• Very true, pasty white is kinda sickly looking, so a little color is good, but like weight loss, women often take it too far.

• Same here. I wouldn't mind just a light tan, but constantly tanning until you're orange or brownish? Now that's way too far.

• lol you must love jersey shore

• you obviously have never been to Newport Beach, California. All the white girls have a tan and they look great. With blond hair and tan skin, white girls look very good.

• Don't tell me what I prefer