Girls who are looking for 'friends' on dating sites?

Ok what's the deal I go on dating site and there are some girls who are looking for "friendship" I find this a little odd. Who goes on the internet to find friends? Not that I haven't made friends online but going on a dating site just to find friends is odd. Are these girls looking for someone to string along?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's their way of looking for somebody better, without having to deal with being alone. Lots of girls can't handle being alone, so when they realize their men suck, they do weird things like this to put themselves out there in a way that doesn't make it obvious they're looking to cheat.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. Many of them just want male attention to boost their fragile, microscopic self-esteem. Don't be their friends - once you agree to it you're off the radar. Be a d*** about being there for dating and nothing else and if there's an actual shot there you've got a better chance of getting somewhere.

• It does seem odd I agree. They put "look for straight guys who like girls... For friendship"

When I was Internet dating I just skipped right by them. Not that I object to people looking for friends but I was there looking for a girlfriend not a gal-pal

• They think that will cut down on the drive by cyber sexual assaults. They're still looking to bone.