I'm ugly, is there any hope for me?

If I'm 17 and ugly is there any hope that I could maybe perhaps turn pretty one day or even maybe just not be ugly or at 17 am I already set for life and have become what I'm going to look like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think any 17 year old can say they are ugly. When you're that young your opinions of what's "beautiful" are pretty f***ed up to be honest. And you also have very limited experience in what guys actually find attractive. (It's a much wider spectrum than hollywood would have you believe.)

I'd say don't believe the bullsh*t that Hollywood tells you. Concentrate on having an attractive personality for the moment, and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when you find guys who are attracted to you.

There's a difference between thinking you're ugly and having no confidence as a result, and thinking you're ugly but accepting it. If you're in the second frame of mind, you'll find you never come across as desperate/needy. That is very close to confidence. It comes across as completely uncaring about your looks, so to speak. You'll be surprised how attractive that is, in itself. Guys can be very attracted to a woman who's comfortable in her own skin.

I know this seems like so much bullsh*t, coming from an adult who doesn't understand kids. But it happens to be true. Like many things adults try to tell kids, it's hard for kids to believe it while they are still kids. They have to learn the same lessons for themselves.

• Well I've been told I'm ugly, but either way it's not some petty instance of having no confidence

What Guys Said 11

• I doubt you're that ugly. I'm 35. I'll pretend you're 18 because its less weird :p

Any 18 year old in decent shape is pretty damn hot in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, maybe you feel bad because a lot of the girls your age are really hot. Well guess what, in 10 years, 2/3 of them will be fat. 2/3!

If you're not in shape, get in shape. Get a haircut that suits you. Dress in a way that flatters your body. You might not be super pretty, but you'll be hot, and frankly, that counts for a lot.

And what's more, your competion is about to start getting fat.

The older you get, the more how good you look is a function of how you take care of yourself, not whether you have a pretty nose.

• 9/10 girls who I see saying they are ugly, are not ugly at all. They may not be like OMFGSUPERPRETTY, but they're definitely not ugly to the point that no guy would want them.

Unless you notice people avoiding to sit down next to you, you're not really ugly. Try talking to people first before thinking you are ugly. Don't lose hope yet!

• Remember that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder girl. That and personality contributes heavily to a person's outward appearance. Hence if you believe in the beauty within yourself, others will sense it in you as well.

• There's hope. I went to HS with this girl Charlene. She was plain Jane, no big deal. Now? Oh my f***ing god. AMAZING. Like... whoa!

Dont worry. All the "pretty girls" get fat, have 5 kids and marry losers. You'll stay single, date fun guys, get a cool job, and look great. You'll see.

And have some self respect, don't call yourself ugly.

• I respect myself enough to not lie to myself, I'm being honest

• Lucky for you, us men can have very low standards. So there ya go. There's hope. You couldn't talk your way out of it.

• Most guys want the prettiest girl though and I hate to admit it, but I'll just be one of those girls who is settled for, or just single for life haha, which I;m OK with and am coming to terms with, I just wish I was pretty though

• looks aren't everything. but if you do have some insecurities. ask yourself why?

u fat? fat is fixable...

u have acne? that's fixable...

dont tell yourself your ugly. when you look in the mirror say your pretty and you love yourself.

that will be self esteem. focus on your own priorities and everything else will come.

• you're not ugly :) yeah you will turn pretty one day. you're face isn' finished looking beautiful :)

• Pretty sure you're not ugly. Message me and I'll tell you that you're wrong. Cause it takes a lot to make someone ugly. A whole lot. And yeah lots of changes occur through college

• Chances are small that you'll get pretty because you're now 17 and when you turn 18 that's what your going to look like that's why plastic surgeons only recommend it from 18yrs and above.

• just be confinend

• if there's hope for me...im sure there is for you ;P

• I think you may be being far to selfconcious I have met so very few unattractive women that I find it hard to believe that you would be. There is someone out there for everyone, or at least I hope there is because I am about as far from attractive as It gets and have a crush on one of the hottest girls in school in my opinion.

• no trust me.i should typically be pretty because I'm mixed but god wasn't on my side and I'm not.

What Girls Said 8

• Generally the "ugly" girls become swans in 5 years.

And popular girls get fat.

• I'm scared my 5 years are over:(

• and it's so fun to see them fat too

• Seriously.

• Nobody is ugly.. The media and celebrities put out an image of what is considered 'beautiful' and the ideal female/male. I have so many insecurities about myself and the way I look, but I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me for me and wouldn't want it any other way. He always tells me how beautiful and perfect I am to him. Don't stress too much about the way you look, even if you feel insecure, look confident and put on a smile, do your hair all pretty and maybe put on some makeup, wear clothes that compliment your body and someone will come along and fall in love with you, just like my boyfriend did with me.

Remember "Never frown, because you don't know who's falling in love with your smile"

:)

• Ok first of all your probably not that ugly, but on the note that you are here's my advice you may not like it but here it goes. yes you will, he probably won't be brad pitt though, in my head there just as many ugly guys as there are ugly girls, and just as many pretty guys as pretty girls, so basicly the pretty people go with pretty people the ugly people go with ugly people, but your probably just in that awkward stage of your life. On occasion you get that really good hearted guy who can look completely past appearance and just see personality. So yes there is hope you will find someone, but don't be picky unless you can afford to. :D

• well I do not mind being with an "ugly" guy but I would like to feel pretty.I'm not picky though, I would go out with any guy, it doesn't matter if he's nice or attractive

• FIND QUALITIES THAT YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR SELF AND WORK WITH IT. act confident even if your not some enough you will be. its not about pretty , ugly, hot , or not CONFIDENCE CAN GO A LONG WAY . your probably not even all that ugly. find some confidence deep down . it will shine through

• Just find an ugly guy. It's all good.

• I not exactly a pretty girl either. But I have always taken care of myself like you said. In addition to taking care of my body, I started taking care of my emotions and how I felt about myself. Like not constantly caring about how I looked. I also stopped worrying about what people thought of me. It was a REALLY hard thing to do. I keep asking myself Can I not live because I am not pretty? I realized I can life.

Anyways after a few years of work I feel like I am not that ugly anymore. I see it in my pictures when I smile. My eyes look happy. Nothing else about my looks has changed really *_*

• I really doubt you're ugly. As girls, we have a lot of "tools" and "weapons" in our "arsenal" such as:

Fitness, clothes, makeup, good skin, nice and white teeth, hair, etc...all that can make you look so much more attractive and bring out your true beauty. Plus you'll feel more confident and get more attention from guys possibly (if that's what you're looking for).

You just need to learn how to capitalize on your attractive features and assets so they offset the not so attractive ones...

• No trust me,i'm not pretty. I'm super good with makeup cause I got into it a couple of years back,i'm good for a teen who learned off of youtube and I workout.I had acne once upon a time but not anymore. Not really, I'm just looking to...feel good about myself. Not avoid pictures when my friends and I hang out because senior year is approaching, and to be able to look in the mirror and be happy

• BUt I am, I don't want to lie to myself. I'm not much of a debbie downer and put on a good face everyday, but at the end of the day, I'm not the pretty girl, which is fine, but I also know some guys and girls change within the highschool-college period,but I don't know how common it is

• I know that I look WAY different than when I graduated high school and that was just TWO years ago. So it's probably way more common than you think. Even still, as we get older and progress we tend to become more stylish and put-together. At least, that's been my experience. Don't sweat it.

• I can't tell you because I can't see you! If you really want my advice and help, message me. I promise you I can help :)